Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Crappy customer service from chrysler credit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Crappy customer service from chrysler credit

Drove to Denver to save $5000 on my 04. Wife didn't want to go.The salesman and F & I dude told me I could add her to title when I got my final plates ( she's Active Duty AF saves us $600 in taxes)
Go to register the truckit can't add her. Finance Co has to.
Call Chrysler Credit Sure we can do it for $300. Told them No way I'd go to local CU. So they dropped the $300 "fee". Said they misunderstood the fee was for leases only. Said they could do it in 3 weeks.
Faxed then credit app with wifes info.
Call every week. Finally today they say yes " she was approved to be added to the loan" DAAA !! But it will take another month:-(
My temp tags run out Friday
Told them to forget it I'm going to my bank. USAA said sure 2 weeks, 3.9% one pt lower

What idiots
Old 01-27-2004, 09:55 PM

I will only finance through USAA. Free Total Loss Protection, automatic payment plan drops the APR an additional .25% and their customer service is top-notch. I used to only use them for my insurance, then it came time to re-finance my Ford and looked more closely at them. Man, I wish I had gone through USAA on all my vehicles.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:52 PM

USAA is great isn't. It's one company that I honestly don't feel is out to screw me.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:56 AM
Muted User

Smile

guzzirider:

I have a question for you. I live in western Colorado. I shopped all around over here, and then looked in Denver. Finally bought my truck from MedVed in Castle Rock. You said you drove from Colorado Springs to Denver to save money on your truck. Makes me think I missed a good deal in Denver, Do you mind telling me where you bought your truck?

My financing has been interesting also. I went with a credit union in the Denver area. For the first three months I never heard from them. No statements, coupon books, envelopes, or instructions as to how to make payments. So, I just looked up their address and send them the payment once a month. It has worked, but, in my opinion, not a real good way to do business.

Can you tell me about USAA? Maybe I should transfer my truck loan.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:24 AM

My wifes new van is financed through USAA. We use them for everything we can. You really save a fortune.

As far as my truck, I have the title to that..
Old 01-28-2004, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
USAA is the heat! I use them for everything.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:36 AM

Question USAA

OK, I give up. What is USAA?

jr
Old 01-28-2004, 08:38 AM

If you are not an active duty member of the military or a retired military member, then you are not eligable for to belong to USAA.

It's sorta like the credit union / insurance company for military people. And no, it is in no way shape or form affiliated with the Federal Govt.

It is one of the few no kidding perks we vets get that actually works.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Chapter President

USAA, I believe stood for U.S. Auto Association. They do not go by that anymore. Simply, USAA. Eligibility is only for active, reserve, Nasty Guard (just kidding you Guard guys...you are great Americans too), and their dependents of the military. The company is great. I use them for as much as possible. Auto insurance, investments, VA home loans etc. I also believe they lobby Wasington for our pay increases (not positive, but I should know this ). They are very supportive and helpful, especially when one is getting or is deployed. God bless them .
Old 01-28-2004, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by mymaur
If you are not an active duty member of the military
Thanks for the information. At this point in life I am not active in much of anything. Well...at least now I am better informed.

jr
Old 01-28-2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Original Junior
USAA, I believe stood for U.S. Auto Association. They do not go by that anymore. Simply, USAA. Eligibility is only for active, reserve, Nasty Guard (just kidding you Guard guys...you are great Americans too), and their dependents of the military. The company is great. I use them for as much as possible. Auto insurance, investments, VA home loans etc. I also believe they lobby Wasington for our pay increases (not positive, but I should know this ). They are very supportive and helpful, especially when one is getting or is deployed. God bless them .
Oh yea, forgot about the guard and reserves.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM

yeah we always seem to get forgotten about. Unless there's a friggin war and then it's... oh yeah, never mind how we've been screwing you forever, go get in line to eat a bullet. Not that I'm bitter or anything
Old 01-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Chapter President

Bigern,
Smile. It's not that bad. Who else can say they had the opportunity to go to a 360 degree range and fire at moving targets Drive on Ranger!
Old 01-28-2004, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by bigern24
yeah we always seem to get forgotten about. Unless there's a friggin war and then it's... oh yeah, never mind how we've been screwing you forever, go get in line to eat a bullet. Not that I'm bitter or anything

Gee whiz bigern24, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been a USAA customer for 14 years but I'm switching shortly. I always thought their auto insurance couldn't be beat.....until I called Allstate and was quoted over $700 less than what USAA charges me for car and homeowners combined. I called USAA back to see if they would match it and they said "no" and had two questions for me to ask Allstate:
1. Do they have "replacement cost"? Yes, Allstate does.
2. Did the salesperson at Allstate forego their commission to offer a first-year good quote. No she didn't.

I have to admit USAA's customer service is usually top notch.

However, their home loan division is HORRIBLE!!!! I forget the name of their affiliate in New Jersey but they are THIEVES!!!!! They basically tried to steal $300 from me as part of their "low price guarantee". USAA was very unhelpful trying to get it back but they eventually did after a bunch of whining.

For those of you who are die-hard USAA customers....I took my head out of the sand and made one phone call to another insurance company just to see how they would compare and ended up saving a bunch of cash.

Quick Reply: Crappy customer service from chrysler credit