Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Coworker with an Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The holiday season seems to bring out the best in some folks and the worst in others.

Just be glad you both don't work for the Post Office..........
Old 12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys

If your talking about me, he's not my boss he's just a coworker. As for his family I don't know about that but I can only assume.(I know what *** u me stands for) I think I might have to buy him some happy pills

CRIS
Old 12-21-2004, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If he`s managment stick it to him with every little legality regarding work place issues you can,You`ll eventually drive him crazy. If he`s a coworker at the same level take him for a dip face first in the john. I find people like him are usually worthless mental midgets who are lacking in self confidence so bad thats why they talk smack, just trying to look good. I also find ignoring him to ne end will drive them crazy, nobody will listen to them and it kills them. Then theres always the "industrial accident". here you can be real creative
Old 12-21-2004, 11:20 PM

I have a vicious temper. I go into black rages. After I almost killed a guy in 1978, (he tried to run me off the road; I was on my Norton) I vowed to never let myself lose control again. So now I rant a bit, and blow off the steam before it explodes totally. I have a lot more patience now, but go off about once a week. Usually with no-one around. I am not proud of it, but it happens. Sometimes it isn't what happened last, but the 45 little things that went wrong before the one that tripped me off.

Having said that, the fact that he elected to come back at you later doesn't sound like what I do.

You not knocking his teeth down his throat is a good thing, but it should be made clear to him, in a civil manner, that you do not appreciate or intend to put up with his behavior. Let him know what the consequences will be. Not violent, but you will report his asinine behaviour to the appropriate people. Be sure you have witnesses and documentation.

As for his wife and family, maybe he hates work and blows up there so he doesn't blow up at them. Maybe he hates them and blows up at work because of that. Lotsa maybes.

Just don't let yourself get pulled into his cesspool. And the idea of no more favours, is a good plan. But let him know why. For every action, there is a reaction. Good luck.

Hope this helps, Rick
Old 12-22-2004, 11:26 AM

i think the biggest problem is that people won't hardly call some one out any more. 99% of folks get get one good slap and they will shut up on there stupid rants. it used to be when the cops showed up, they would ask a few people and if every one said he needed his rear end whopped, that was the end of it. heck i remember when no one ever thought of calling the cops.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Banned

Merry Christmas to all

Its great to have 3 days off for the holiday I've been working 6 days a week 10 hours a day so the time off is great. This also means that I don't have to put up with the coworkers crap. Its been good the last few days because he hasn't come out of his office too much. He was also talked to by my Bosses about his ATTITUDE. I'm over this but 2 other people are not over it at all. They plan on taking it all the way until something is done to prevent this of happening again.

Thanks for your input and if you want to vent this is the place to do it.

CRIS
Old 12-25-2004, 12:48 AM

Some people just have to short a fuse. I am a very laid back person. I am pretty thankful that i am, but sometimes i do wish i were a little more aggressive. For some reason i cant even really make myself go off that bad. The worst ill do is cuss a little if no one is around, and get really mad, but usually im calm enough to just take it easy, and not get to mad about stuff. People at school know me for bieng very laid back also, so they dont mind trying to pick on me, and see how far they can push me sometimes, which is what gets on my nerves more than anything. Since i am laid back, they think they need to try and take advantage of me for it, and this is where i wish i was agressive enough to tell them that this just aint happening, and that we'll take it out in the parking lot if they want to, but i cant make myself really do that for some stupid reason. Last year this boy i have known since 1st grade threw a dirt clod while we were out by the greenhouse in Ag. We were all shoveling dirt, and he wasnt aiming to hit me, but just exactly the time i raised up, and turned my head that clod busted me right in the mouth. I was pretty darn fired up this time, and i walked over to him after i spit a little of the dirt out of my mouth. All he could manage to get out was im sorry, and that he wasnt trying to hit me. He almost crapped his pants. I reckon he thought i was gonna pile drive him for it because the look on his face was priceless. He was scared to death, and i guess with good reason since im 17 years old and im a little over 6'2" inches tall, and right at 285lbs. I didnt do anything to him. I just went and washed out my mouth in the greenhouse. I DO think he learned his lesson though. Im decent friends with him, and just didnt feel the need to tear him apart, but im sure most would have unloaded on someone like that. Like i said. Im almost too laid back for my own good, but if omeone tries to push me to far i will definatley let them know about it. I just try my best to avoid people that I cant get along with, but i guess thats hard to do when you have to work with them.

Eric
Old 12-26-2004, 11:14 AM

I personally had this same thing happen to me. My foreman used to go off on everyone and everyone said they were going to kick his xxx, but no one ever did. Me when I say i'm going to do something I usually do. One day he went off on me in the middle of everyone and I said thats enough. I went over started with the finger in the chest thing then got in his face and then gave him alittle help backwards. Boy I never seen any cowar down so fast in my life, especially someone who walks around with an attitude like his. Since then he was the most politest guy I met. I don't go with this politically correct crap, you deserve an xxx kicking your going to get it. If more people would get there'd be a lot less attitude around in my opinion.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife sure isn't as bad as I thought!!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 PM

In local national electronics chain store today, manager went into back stock room where he proceeded to impress young female employee with his job woes, primarily a list of the "stupid, ignorant, rude" customers that he had coped with this day. Unfortunately his voice carried out through open door and 4 or 5 potential customers got red in face and walked out. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.