Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cowboys and Muslims

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cowboys and Muslims

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the passenger lounge in the Bozeman , Montana airport, while waiting for their respective flights..

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer, another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show and the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana State University from the Middle East ....
Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table, tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face, and lights a cigarette. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks, 'At one time here... my people were many... but sadly, now we are few.'

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, 'Once my people were few,' he sneers, 'and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?'

The cowboy removes his cigarette from his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a smooth drawl . . .

'I reckon that's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, But I do believe it's a-comin'.'
Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Good joke but then again I'm not sure if I like it... I'm a military guy and try to teach my kids a certain way, regardless of what I have seen or believe... But that was pretty good... My girls aren't reading anyway...
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by berok
I'm a military guy and try to teach my kids a certain way, regardless of what I have seen or believe...
That's the key right there; "TEACH them a certain way". They're going to see/hear/be subjected to all kinds of different view points regardless of what you show them or 'allow' them to have access to. What they believe and the actions they take is what's dependent on what you have taught them.

Oh, and thanks for your service Sir!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 AM

It's just my job but thank you for that.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by berok
Good joke but then again I'm not sure if I like it... I'm a military guy and try to teach my kids a certain way, regardless of what I have seen or believe... But that was pretty good... My girls aren't reading anyway...
You make a good point . There are some forums I wouldn't post it on . It's just a joke but would offend some . I wouldn't post it on Facebook . Many members there are Muslims .
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
You make a good point . There are some forums I wouldn't post it on . It's just a joke but would offend some . I wouldn't post it on Facebook . Many members there are Muslims .
Yes Sir, and that's all I was trying to get at.. I was not offended, however, I'm a tough Country skinned fella.....lol
Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 PM

Good joke. I think there is a "moral of the story" to this as well in that, many can only get pushed so far and then politically correct does not matter anymore.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronT
Good joke. I think there is a "moral of the story" to this as well in that, many can only get pushed so far and then politically correct does not matter anymore.
Yep, that would be it............
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I would post it on facebook. If they get offended, that is their right. They do not however have the right to allow their thin skin to silence you. At least not yet anyway. If we can't laugh at a good joke, what is the point?

Great Post. Gonna pass this one along!!!