Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A couple Dodge vs Ford questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple Dodge vs Ford questions.

Hey i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but sorry if its not.

I gotta buddy who is a diehard ford fan and thinks dodges are a pos, lol...not too much of a buddy u might be thinkin. lol

he says that ford owns the right to cummins

dodge stole a body disign from ford

that the 7.3l was the best one made

and the new twin turbo one is goin to rock dodge out of this world

i think he is wrong about everything and i told him he was but i just need some proof.

i've been trying so hard to convince him that cummins is far better than a powerstroke... its so fustrating, lol

i've had my truck for a yr straight on 46" tires and it has not been in the shop once except for oil changes...everything is stock about the motor and tranny. i'm not super easy on it either...ive prolly put 20,000 miles on it too.

oh yeah go look in the new diesel power mag, and check out the diesel truck challenge...look at the spec list of all trucks...the only trucks that keep stock pistons and rods are the cummins.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

the 7.3 is a dang good motor...

But if he comes to terms and does his re-search he will realize that the ford is not king... They are all good but power, reliability and durability is why I bought mine... Not because the article in the magazine where it says dodge is outdated on they're interior!!! Heck my interior is "dirt" colored!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:17 PM

and if you go to the cummins web site they say it in bold in the qa section ford does not own an controling factor of cummins in anyway i do however like the front windows on the ferd and the ac units they have
Old 09-23-2007, 07:20 PM

IMO its a waste of time trying to convince your friends these things. They'll believe what they want to believe, regardless of if its true or not.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

He's a diehard Ford guy.Nothing wrong with that as far as being your buddy.2 each thier own.Ford has 3 different motors in the last 6 years and bagged the best(7.3)Ya know how usually the one who brags the most,has the least to brag about?Think about this:GM named thier Isuzu diesel a "duramax",Ford has named thier International diesel the "powerstroke"Dodge has'nt named thier diesel nothing, it's a CUMMINS.In 2-3 years thier all gonna be de-tuned ,thanks to epa.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 PM

I for one will never understand why I see so many fords on the road, albeit most of them broken, on the side of the road. There are a lot of Ford diesels on the road, and I have no reasonable understanding as to why. My only answer is because people buy based solely on looks nowadays. I bought my dodge because I loved the way it looked, and I knew it wouldn't leave me stranded. That being said, the 7.3 is a good motor. If I could find a 94-97 F350 crew cab PSD, I probably would have had that instead of my new dodge, but I am incredibly happy with the dodge.
Scott
Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Megadeth
IMO its a waste of time trying to convince your friends these things. They'll believe what they want to believe, regardless of if its true or not.
Couldn't agree more

Let your friend believe what he wants..the only man that has to like any given truck is the one making the payment anyway
Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM

X F-Series driver here. Never would own a Ford diesel though.
I have never had such a quality truck in the first year of ownership as my current truck.(Only one issue, two if you count not stop driving it). I'm not even talking of the engine as that is a no brainer.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

the 7.3 was a good motor but with that much displacement and 275hp i would hope it would be reliable. now drop the displacement to 6.0 and let ford mess with the fuel system to try to make it quiet and get 325hp and look what you get. anyone know how much hp the detune program on the 6.0 is it cant find that on the window sticker?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM

he says that ford owns the right to cummins
Patently false... Ford wished they had the rights to use Cummins in their pickups.
dodge stole a body disign from ford
You'd have a hard time proving that one. The original "big-rig" body style came out in 1994 model year... undoubtedly it had been in concept for several years prior. The first Fords to show up with the depressed fenders came out in what, 1998?? Looks like a case could be made that Ford copied Dodge....
that the 7.3l was the best one made
Probably the best diesel Ford has ever had... not the best diesel in a pickup... that goes to the 94-98 12 V Cummins...
and the new twin turbo one is goin to rock dodge out of this world
Yet to be seen. The twins on the 6.4 aren't anything to write home about. They certainly aren't there so that the 6.4 can crank out 650hp... the 6.4 seems to be having issues with the DPF as is the 6.7L Cummins.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Wink My Two Cents For What It's Worth

To answer a portion of the argument, just read my sig, truck #1 .

Let me get one leg out the door and I will now say this:

If Ford had of started out with the Cummins, way back in 1983, when they offered the only true Diesel-powered light trucks, and we-the-people were bailing Chrysler out of bankruptcy, would we all be on a Dodge forum site tonight ??

I have three Cummins powered Dodge trucks in my driveway tonight.

I would buy another one tomorrow in a heart-beat, providing the price was right.

If these trucks had any other engine in them, do any of you honestly think I would have even one ??

Be honest, now; all of us here are Cummins addicts and they just happen to come in a Dodge shell.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by #2 only
He's a diehard Ford guy.Nothing wrong with that as far as being your buddy.2 each thier own.Ford has 3 different motors in the last 6 years and bagged the best(7.3)Ya know how usually the one who brags the most,has the least to brag about?Think about this:GM named thier Isuzu diesel a "duramax",Ford has named thier International diesel the "powerstroke"Dodge has'nt named thier diesel nothing, it's a CUMMINS.In 2-3 years thier all gonna be de-tuned ,thanks to epa.
I was thinking if Dodge was going to give the Cummins a nickname how about the 5.9L Durastroke
The Best diesel that Ford used is the mighty 6.9L If you blow one of those motors you forgot to check the oil.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BearKiller
Be honest, now; all of us here are Cummins addicts and they just happen to come in a Dodge shell.
Im also a Dodge fanatic, so yea Id still be buyin Dodge
Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 AM

been driving dodge since 1961. not always the fastest but they all seemed to be running longer with less problems for me.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by BearKiller
If these trucks had any other engine in them, do any of you honestly think I would have even one ??

I had a Dodge before I had a Cummins... 1999 RCLB 4x4 with 5.9 Gasser, 3" lift on 33" Kelly Safari MSR's.

I'd buy another Dodge, even sans the Cummins, because I still think they're the best looking trucks around. But when I buy my next diesel truck, it will be a Cummins hands down.

Quick Reply: A couple Dodge vs Ford questions.