Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cool Respit From Summer Heat Breakroom - May 24 - 30

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silent gratitude salute! all passed on vets accounted for!
curious look at the rest of yu, with decending sense of respect into callousness...finally becoming stoic.

unwrapping the snout of the dragon .....need a final bbq for this long weekend.

stay awesome Shortygirrrrrrl!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:25 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hi folks.

Yes, this is memorial day and even tho I am not an American, I thank the vets for their efforts that resulted in my freedom today.

Am presently in Harlingen, Tx. On the drive up yesterday (10.5 driving hours) the forecasts predicted quite a bit of rain, but surprisingly, not one drop. Lots of wind tho. Most of today has been cloudy, but quite a bit of blue sky too. Still very windy. Seems like there is lots of flooding and damage not that far from me.

Today happened to drive past a wrecking ward and noticed lot of Dodge trucks in it. Did a u-turn and went back to look for some of the plastic interior parts that I would like to replace. Must have looked at at least 50 Dodge 2500 and 3500 trucks of various recent years, but all the parts I need were damaged or missing. It amazed me about the severe structural damage on most of the trucks. On many of them can't imagine any survivors. I know that these trucks are tough, so to see the extent of the damage was surprising.

Tired tonight, so going to make it an early night. The next few days are going to be hectic.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings

Ok...I made phoo goo, coffee, tea, squashed a few limes like grapes for Stanadiannomore and raided the chicken coup for fresh eggs and drum sticks. Things got crazy in the coup.

Positives come from positive thinking, Faith and visualization.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast Scotty.....never had fried drumsticks with the feathers still on them but I suppose that took care of my daily fiber intake

I am positively visualizing myself on my boat fishing...I have faith that will happen sometime this summer though it may be awhile yet.....

Hanyday
Old 05-26-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I burned less than 15 gallons of fuel in the boat last year at 12 GPH. Ain't no way I'm going to let that happen again. Going fishin' this evening or tomorrow morning. Work can wait.

I'm so rusty that the HP boat almost got away from me on the hole shot Saturday. DW wound up in my lap, boat chine walkin' and tried to hook. Not pretty, but pretty scary.

Born to fish.
Forced to work.

Name:  t-stand.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  18.3 KB
Old 05-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by j_martin
I burned less than 15 gallons of fuel in the boat last year at 12 GPH. Ain't no way I'm going to let that happen again. Going fishin' this evening or tomorrow morning. Work can wait.

I'm so rusty that the HP boat almost got away from me on the hole shot Saturday. DW wound up in my lap, boat chine walkin' and tried to hook. Not pretty, but pretty scary.

Born to fish.
Forced to work.

That wheelie looks like fun!
Enjoy!
Raise the anchor. LoL
Old 05-26-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Gotta go into town today and deposit my welfare, I mean disability check. Think I'll hit up the sporting goods and gun shops while I'm there. Need some 1911 parts for the old super. Been wearing my coveralls while my gut mends. As they are orange, I keep getting strange looks. Especially from the cops. Guess I should of covered the DOC on the back. Ordered me some bibs to wear instead.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:52 AM
DTR Mom

yes, add me to the gee I wish I was fishing dock....

first 1000 miles already on the motorcycle, sunday ride with our son to PA for some eagle watching. this AM was a trip on a seasonal road that loggers wouldn't travel. test of faith. challenged this 40 year rider. worth it to fix an electrical problem for a former co worker.

so bad for the folks suffering such devastation from the floods/tornados.

the project gates have opened, so I have to set priorities.

Hello mikey!!!! all u readers POST! say Hi, or whatever ..glad to have ya in here!

all good things sent your way Scotty boo boo
Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A quick drop in, don't want to muddy up the floor. Rain was coming in sheets on the way home 20 in a 65 zone and that was probably pushing it. Everyone behaved for a change and mo excitement.

Got an email from State Personnel Cabinet today. Seems they want to look over regulations I address in our Position Descriptions. I sent them over 10 meg of reading. Kinda makes me wonder how well they reviewed everything last October when I reaccomplished the descriptions...Oh well, I guess that's what they pay me for.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ph00 is on, flavored today. Oh yeh, for you boring ones, I made plain old coffee too. BORING. .......................................

Busy day looking at houses for bro-in-law. Whole family will have moved down here once he does. Brought the blonde way down here to get away from them so they all come here. (Wonder what would happen if I took her to Alaska to live? HMMM, now that is a thought. Hmmm, on second thought, I might end up being a bachelor.....................)

Off and running - - bee gooood - - you too craze Canuck. ............
Old 05-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Howdy
Doo Dee
Its my birthday
Pass the whiskey
Look at my L E G G S ! !

Old 05-27-2015, 08:32 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jmartin I feel your pain! My '84 Ranger had soft spots in the front deck soooooo, I've cut it out and am in the process of reglasssing it, building an extended flipping deck and recarpeting. Had planned on being done by April 1st,g but I've had to let it sit as more pressing things popped up.
I've still got about 20-30 hrs work to do, and haven't even bothered to blow the winter dust off my rods yet this year.
So far this year I've replaced all the front/rear driveshaft ujoints, carrier bearing, front hubs and front axle ujoints on the Dodge, the rotors and two calipers on THE BOSS's Avalanche, and got my 1/4 acre garden in.
Still pending is the boat, a new chicken coop and run, and rebuilding a retaining wall that partially collapsed and is " patched" until I get around to it.....
Maybe I can go fishing next year

Here's the new deck and compartment lids, the trolling motor tray is where the soft spot was. Had to cut into the front live well to install it and the glass the live well back together around it gonna coat t the deck wood with resin then carpet
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-27-2015, 08:35 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy birthday scottie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:54 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by sherod
email from State Personnel Cabinet today. I sent them over 10 meg of reading. Kinda makes me wonder how well they reviewed everything .....

need crayons. they only pay attention for seven seconds. bang your head now, cause they will ask for the same exact information later. feel for ya.

Fiver, island homes are the lowest price ever. well you can tell him that....
dusting off the secret door to the spa for some down time for you.

no phoo, nor truck stop brew. hot orange tea, for me.

spinning roulette wheel of chores
Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 AM
DTR Mom

AWK! you snuck up on poor ol me, Chris!!!! love to the family!

yes, projects rule our lives now that the kids are grown.

Best Marilyn Monroe voice:

Happy Birth day to eweeeeeeew

Happy Birth day 2 ewwwwww

Hap py BIRTH DAIIIII Mr. No Neckkkkkkkkkk

Hap py Birth Day too yewwwwwwww!

Quick Reply: Cool Respit From Summer Heat Breakroom - May 24 - 30