Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Dodge Diesel website?
DieselRam.Com
1.91%
Turbo Diesel Register
14.01%
Diesel Truck Resource
84.08%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Controversial Poll?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second jfpointer on the classified ad deletion my truck sold in feb. and still shows up but with sold by it probably could use the webspace for other things

also pointer there is I think all the advertisers under the links page, is that all the advertisers? or are there more?
Old 05-14-2004, 10:30 PM

Hey jaconst, you know what they say, Great minds think alike
Old 05-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Chapter President

Personally I like this website b/c you don't charge for membership. The information and the people here are great and obviously very helpful. Even if you set up a membership fee I would pay it. I also have refered your website to other owners.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Chapter President

When I first got my CTD I found the TDR. They are nice people as far as I can tell but I just feel a little more like family around here. I love getting up on Sunday morning, grabbing my coffee and taking a look at the "water cooler" The Mod's run a tight ship and I appreciate that. At first I thought it was slightly prudish but I have come to enjoy it.

Jack, you may have even changed my life. I actually try to use more appropriate language in mixed company. Plus, I've learned lots about vB code!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:53 PM

First, Thanks! I have a 600+ HP truck thanks to the silly people here.

Second, I'd like to see a WiKi style tech info type section of the site where technical documents can be stored, edited and changed.

Third, I'd second the comment about the classifieds section. I'd like to see the most recent ads listed first and the SOLD! ads removed. I have 6 sold ads still listed and I sold that stuff in Feb.

All in all, keep it up!!

brandon.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:57 PM

Cool don't change anything...except

I really like this site as there aren't any popups ...yet.
Like the guys
info is great.

only thing I would like is a separate area for lift pump an VP44 discussion. Seems to be the weak point and nearly everyone has had a failure. Maybe it would be a deeper pond for the all the tears

keep up the good work

bentwings
Old 05-15-2004, 10:38 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: don't change anything...except

Originally posted by bentwings
[B]I really like this site as there aren't any popups ...yet.
Like the guys
info is great.
That will never happen.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I look at the others from time to time, but DTR is home base.

I can't say enough good things about this site. I knew I had a good truck, but it's a machine and it will have problems. I've found out about everything, good and bad, I can think of about my truck here. The help I've gotton from the folks has saved me hundred of dollars and put me on to mods that make it run better then I thought a diesel could. At least that much $$$ in things I've learned to do for myself, and from knowing what potential problems to look for and head off.

Shoot, if it tweren't for this place, I wouldn't have increased my vocabulary and knowledge base to know things like Lift Pump, VP 44, APPS and all those good things.

Help is only a keyboard away from good folks, good information, problem solving and new ideas. Heck, I've even learned to like a few Democrates around here.

There are a lot of good ideas on this poll, and I know Jack will do what he can to implement the one's he can.....including the spell cheecker.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack, you run a great site, thank you for your efforts, it is the only Dodge site I belong to, it's the only one I need.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
I am a fairly new guy- I have been logged on for some time though- once I got my 98 I became more active- because it is more -um- bombable? LOL- than the 93.

I go here for all my diesel truck questions- I am also a major poster and contributer on moparstyle and RCC and Dodgecoronet registry- so I am pretty much a huge mopar fan.

Since it is donation run, and that is the type of sites I frequent- I will probably stick with this one due to that and this one's relative size.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:49 AM

And yes Jack u can take it as well dish it .You sid ther are other sites out ther? No but I spend more time here I like the atmosphere and the people. But we need a spell chek see.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Have just read this topic for the first time. Been too busy lately to enjoy the site. Jack, I second all the good things everybody has said about this site. Excellent site!!!! You and the mods do a great job. Thank you. I used to check into some of the other sites once in a while but no longer bother due to the reasons stated by others. This is now the only diesel or truck site I check into. Wish I had more time to check all the posts, even the ones that do not apply to my truck. I think the "Other" forum with its sundry any many varied topics help to make this a type of family site. The technical side is excellent, but it is also nice to be able to have fun and poke fun at others.
You asked for things we would like to see in the future. Well, you asked, so put on my nit picking hat and went to town.

Things I would like to see:
- A way to indent the start to paragraphs. Right now if I indent them when it is posted the indent disappears.
- A bigger contrast in color on the bar at the right The dark blue on the blue background is just not visible when the room is bright or if there are any reflections on my screen. How about dark blue on a light grey background?
- A way to post copies of articles without the vB code modifying them drastically. ie the code presently changes the format, font size and type when pasting.
- A site 'how to' link for newbies on how to paste pictures, how to use the vB code and other stuff.
- A section or link that lists the topics that keep on recurring. ie Where is the plug for the block heater? What is the best spray in liner? Which oil and weight to use. Why do my lights dim after I start the engine on a cold morning?
- A "common trouble" link. ie fuel pump or lift pump problems and the fix(s). Paint problems.
- TSB listing by model and year
- When there are multiple pages would like to see a 'next' and 'previous' option in addition to the 'last' button. Also would like when I click on a multi-page topic that it automatically always goes to the last page or post.
- If a biodiesel section is added, would like to see a sub section on making your own bio.

Thanks again for this site. Thanks not only to Jack and the mods, but also to all you members. (Yup, even the weird ones)
Old 05-16-2004, 10:54 PM

I have only been visiting these forums for a couple of months now. I kept coming back to DTR because the people seemed to be more helpful and more knowledgeable though I did see some of the same names on all sites. I like the fact that so many of the people on this site profess to be Christians and I am sure that is why there is so little profanity here.

All the info on this site helped me make the decision about what vehicle to buy and I have been enjoying my new truck for almost 3 weeks now.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now don't get me wrong, I can cuss and cut up with the best of them. I just didn't think it was appropriate in a place like this where schoolkids are doing projects (we've had numerous teachers use this site for a number of different classes), familes with children, Dads and their sons who have mutual interest in trucks etc.
All the more reason to have the spell check installed. Makes the rest of us look like we actually paid attention when we went to skool....
Old 05-17-2004, 07:28 AM

My home base for first hand info & recommendations.
Friendly, Knowledgeable responses.
Thanks Jack and all moderators for a great site. DON'T CHANGE A THING.
Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Controversial Poll?