Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Concealed Carry Holsters for Glock

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concealed Carry Holsters for Glock

I know there are quiet a few Glock owners here, so I was curious where the best place on the web to get a conceal cary holster is? I have a model 22, which I must admit is gonna be hard to conceal, but I thought I would look anyway.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM

good ol boy,

I sent you a PM, I wasnt' sure about posting links for gun related stuff on the site.

Mike
Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluedeviltorque
good ol boy,

I sent you a PM, I wasnt' sure about posting links for gun related stuff on the site.

Mike

Not a problem unless it is your website and you are promoting sales of your product by doing so
Old 12-07-2007, 02:36 PM

I just got a CTAC IWB holster and love it. I dont have a Glock but I carry a XD40 Service 4". It hides it quite nicely. The wife cant tell if I am wearing it most of the time.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^^ That is a nice holster ^^^^^^
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
^^^^^ That is a nice holster ^^^^^^

The one I have isnt quite like that. I only have three adjustment holes on either clip. And I use the C clips, it hooks below the belt and on top of but not very blatant so if my sweeter or shirt ride up its harder to tell I have something clipped to my belt. I thought about getting the v(Velcro) clips but I kinda like the ability to shift the pistol a little depending on sitting or walking.

What I really like about this holster is that should the need arise for me to be a bit more formal I can tuck a shirt into my pants and over the pistol and it looks normal.

Edit: also, I am not that big a dude. 5'9" and about 200lbs though most of the time people seam to think I am at about 180, or they are being nice and I hid a full size pistol no problem. Now to be fair I haven't tried in the summer yet.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
P.J
Banned

I have the old school Uncle Mikes shoulder holster. It is okay in some situations (like in the winter with layers and a coat on). Otherwise it just makes you look like Crocket (or Tubs I suppose, take your choice)

I can get it adjusted up nice and get it in and out okay, but it's just not practical for most carrying situations.
I have a bottom mount laser that prohibits me from carrying now, uh, that and the fact that I was denied a CCW with no explanation as to why?????
Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
I have the old school Uncle Mikes shoulder holster. It is okay in some situations (like in the winter with layers and a coat on). Otherwise it just makes you look like Crocket (or Tubs I suppose, take your choice)

I can get it adjusted up nice and get it in and out okay, but it's just not practical for most carrying situations.
I have a bottom mount laser that prohibits me from carrying now, uh, that and the fact that I was denied a CCW with no explanation as to why?????
California tried to do me that way years ago, I kept filing and they finally gave me one to get rid of me No kidding, some locales will deny hoping you just go away, a little persistance often pays off.

Your State has a provision for self employed persons that carry lots of cash...you may want to look into that scenario They will also issue if you have had people recently threaten your life, you need witnesses though.

Disclaimer; local laws may very, item may not be the same as pictured, batteries not included.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
that and the fact that I was denied a CCW with no explanation as to why?????
Maryland is VERY hard to get a CCW in. By the way if you go with the business owner operator you are only allowed to carry during normal operating hours.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by tmleadr03
Maryland is VERY hard to get a CCW in. By the way if you go with the business owner operator you are only allowed to carry during normal operating hours.
I originally used the "required by my job to enter known open air drug markets" reason, which is totally true and verifiable. I went through the ENTIRE process, pictures, prints, background check, face to face interview with a state trooper. No luck, they want you to either have 2 documented cases of you being assualted or your life being threatened, or carry large amounts of cash on a regular basis.

Both reasons are gay, I will never understand why money is more important than general personal safety? Incidentally, I had the need to carry $17K, $6K and other amounts in cash over the last year for business reasons.

I guess if I end up shot dead one day in the ghetto while doing an inspection my family can sue Governor O'Malley and the State Police for denying me a right I already have under the Constitution........
Old 12-07-2007, 05:04 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
California tried to do me that way years ago, I kept filing and they finally gave me one to get rid of me No kidding, some locales will deny hoping you just go away, a little persistance often pays off.
Cost me over $120 to apply last time.(2005) I was so discouraged after the whole process. Made me want to become some kind of mountain man, lock myself in a cabin with some AR-15's or something.

But, I got over that.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:29 PM

I use a "blackhawk" Serpa Holster, it's a Level II with adjustable retention. I like this version because you have access to the entire grip and can get high on the back strap when you draw. They have a web site, I purchased mine from work but we usually get them from Galls. It's a Law Enforcement site, but you don't need to be in that profession unless your purchasing certain items. If you choose to go with the belt loop set up it's adjustable. There are many company's out there, don't be affraid to stop in your local Sheriff/Police departments and ask some of them...UNLESS YOUR WANTED? are you
Old 12-07-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by justagoodolboy
I know there are quiet a few Glock owners here, so I was curious where the best place on the web to get a conceal cary holster is? I have a model 22, which I must admit is gonna be hard to conceal, but I thought I would look anyway.

Thanks in Advance.
I've had good luck with this place, reasonable prices too.

http://glockstore.com/
Old 12-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by justagoodolboy

Thanks in Advance.

IWB? OWB?

Highnoon Holsters make very nice holsters. I have one of their Slide Guard Lined and it is awesome. I own a Desantis, UBG Custom, CompTac, and a HBE Leatherworks custom.

There are lots of options and a bunch of custom holster makers out there.

I am not a fan of Kydex, they are functional but have no soul to me. The Comptac Paddle I have came with my M&P9c and I never use it.

Hub
Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM

I just keepmine under the seat.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Holsters for Glock