Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

computer illiterit-HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
computer illiterit-HELP

I feel like a blooming idiot. My daughters and I can not figure out how to load pictures off of a digital camera onto my computer and then send them out to a website like this or to individuals! If someone could give simple instructions to us it would be greatly appreciated. We got them from the camera to the computer but when we sent them to someone it said they were in a format they hadn't heard of and couldn't open. Man, I can run cranes and backhoes and almost any piece of equipment but this ####!! computer gives me a fit. Help a idiot can ya? Thanks Gary
Old 01-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Right click on one of your pics, then click on properties. It will tell you what file type they are. It could be the persons computer you sent it to is just not set up to accept that type of file.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Try to save your pictures to GIF or JPG format.
Most site's software will recognize it.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:44 PM

E-mail them to me and I'll host them on my site...

PM me if your interested, I'll tell you more...
Old 01-10-2005, 07:25 AM

For some reason they are loaded in what is called a mix. format. Our computer has windows xp. How can I change these pictures over to jpg format, will I have to load a new set of pictures? Where do I find this jpg format on my computer? Thanks for the offer willylover, I'd like to figure this out so we can use it. I might take you up later if I'm just to dumb to do it. Course the computer may not live through this if it makes me mad enough. Thanks Gary
Old 01-10-2005, 08:02 AM

Try this. Go to the file where your pic is. Right click on the name of your pic a window will open and you should see where it says Open With. Put your cursor on that then click on Microsoft Photo Editor. Your pic will open then go to where it says file in left corner and click on save as. A box will open and at the bottom will be a list of file types click on the arrow to open list. Click on JPEG file interchange format and save your pic.

Good Luck
Old 01-10-2005, 07:11 PM

Thanks all, my daughter finally figured out we had it loaded into the wrong part of the computer. Once she got it on the right spot it worked great. Again Thanks, Gary
Old 01-10-2005, 08:16 PM

98% of the time, a kid can figure out any computer problem!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:17 AM

Ya, I'm going to be screwed in a couple of years, I probably won't have any kids at home. I can't even turn this thing on part of the time. Give me something with a motor and I can handle it, give me something hooked to electic and I'm screwed!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:38 AM

that sounds like my dad a few years ago...

my old man could tear apart a computer all the way to each chip off the circuit boards and put it back together...but after it's together he wouldn't be able to tell if it works right....

when we got our 1st computer he came up to it...picked up the mouse and started clicking it tward the screen...."how does this thing work"....

since then I got him hooked on looking at things that he is into on the internet, now he's almost as bad as me when it comes to sitting on-line...

now if I could only teach him HTML code he could help me with my sites.....