Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

comments/suggestions Experience "Hearing Aids"

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
comments/suggestions Experience "Hearing Aids"

Well I may have permanently injured my right ear, & the left one seems it may also have been affected. The last couple months have been; Pardon Me, & what was that, responses..in addition, I had ESS sinus surgery sept 12to open sinus passages that were blocked for years..the Dr did the test Monday..I kind of thought my head was plugged from a head cold or sinus weather change (big change in weather) Are they difficult to live with or special restrictions? get one for "Inside the ear" or behind...thanks

so my question is; I'm looking for comments/suggestions about hearing aids,,your or someone you know experience good or bad. cost-where to buy. Links for Info..MFG ..& does Cummings MFG Co. make one..
Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought mine via the local Costco. They were about half the price quoted to me from my HMO (Kaiser)and I have been very satisfied with both the quality and service. If you apply for a Costco American Express card you get an additional discount. I didn't then and later wished I had.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I got my Phonak Audeo Q's through my health plan for nothing. They work amazing. I can hear pages being ruffled feet away and can hear the tv and conversations so much better.
If you have to purchase them,definitely Costco. The audiologist there will test for free and make a recommendation. She set me up with a pair and told me to wander around the store. I was eavesdropping on conversations left and right.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you need them get them makes life so much easier you don't guess at what people are saying. Only downside is the first few days the sound level will blow your mind because you didn't know what you were missing.

And don't wear them around any loud noise ie air compressors ask how I know
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow. What a timely thread. I have an appointment with Costco next week. My doc has wanted to shove them things in my ears for 6 months. Too busy and traveling. Now, needing to follow up on his tests and see what is out there. Glad to hear the positive results - - hate having to do it, but too many gun shots without protection, big loud engines with protection. DUH

Thanks again,
Bob
Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the response's and suggestions, they are encouraging and very helpful! I have to have an MRI done this week, to see if there is infection behind the ear, & what may show up before I go the H/Aid route.

With your response's, made it helpful to face this situation better. I've heard price ranges from $1,500.00 & up, & not uncommon to see $4000- $5,000.00. I wonder if the inner ear-canal one is better or the outside the ear...? thank you all very much..anyone else?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadDiesel
Thank you for the response's and suggestions, they are encouraging and very helpful! I have to have an MRI done this week, to see if there is infection behind the ear, & what may show up before I go the H/Aid route.

With your response's, made it helpful to face this situation better. I've heard price ranges from $1,500.00 & up, & not uncommon to see $4000- $5,000.00. I wonder if the inner ear-canal one is better or the outside the ear...? thank you all very much..anyone else?
The ear doctor and audiologist will make a recommendation for you.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Do any of you have the "loop" setup in a hearing aid? I am not sure what it does - - anyone that can elaborate please do so.