Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenson
Morning fine folks. Dang connection issues AGAIN this morning. After a lengthy reply to a poster I hit the submit button only to have everything I just typed wiped out and the site locked up. Too mad to re-type it all right now.

Coffee is ready, multiple choices for pHoO, and Claude has his pot of hot water should he stop by this morning. I'll check back afterwhile and see how it's going. Hopefully this post will live!!!
When I get to writing a post that would be called a composition, I highlight the whole thing, copy it, and paste it into a note pad session. (notepad on my quick launch) That way if SHTF I can just restart, paste in, and do it again.

I've also found that when this site hangs on the popups, clicking the red X usually frees it, then clicking on the Green curly queue arrow retries.

Thanks for the coffee. Hope some's left later.

Feed the boiler check
Feed the step stove check
Feed the cook stove check (dang it's cold here)
Pay FleaBay check
Copy backup files check
Check DTR check
Back to bed zzzzzzzz
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Our flight from Seattle to Anchorage was delayed because they had to replace the first officer due to illness.
Did you forget that you DROVE down to Seattle?

Dang connection issues AGAIN this morning. After a lengthy reply to a poster I hit the submit button only to have everything I just typed wiped out and the site locked up. Too mad to re-type it all right now.
Really? Problems? HERE??? That happens every time I'm here, at least once per time. It gets old, don't it? But I'm still here and so are you, so I guess we'll accept it as normal and continue to return, eh? I'm sure that's what is being counted on too!
(3 tries to get this to post this mornin'!)

Morning all

Today is Thursday, January 24th, 2013, and on this date in history the following events took place:

1848 - James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in northern California. The discovery led to the gold rush of '49.

1908 - In England, the first Boy Scout troop was organized by Robert Baden-Powell.

1922 - Christian K. Nelson patented the Eskimo Pie.

1924 - The Russian city of St. Petersburg was renamed Leningrad. The name has since been changed back to St. Petersburg.

1935 - Krueger Brewing Company placed the first canned beer on sale in Richmond, VA.

1943 - U.S. President Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Churchill concluded a wartime conference in Casablanca, Morocco.

1965 - Winston Churchill died at the age of 90.

1972 - The U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws that denied welfare benefits to people who had resided in a state for less than a year.

1985 - Penny Harrington became the first woman police chief of a major city. She assumed the duties as head of the Portland, Oregon, force of 940 officers and staff.

1989 - Ted Bundy, the confessed serial killer, was put to death in Florida's electric chair for the 1978 kidnap-murder of 12-year-old Kimberly Leach.

1995 - The prosecution gave its opening statement at the O.J. Simpson murder trial.

2001 - In Colorado Springs, CO, Patrick Murphy Jr. and Donald Newbury were taken into custody after a 5-minute phone interview was granted with a TV station. They were the remaining fugitives of the "Texas 7."

2002 - The U.S. Congress began a hearing on the collapse of Enron Corp.

2002 - John Walker Lindh appeared in court for the first time concerning the charges that he conspired to kill Americans abroad and aided terrorist groups. Lindh had been taken into custody by U.S. Marines in Afghanistan.

2003 - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security began operations under Tom Ridge.

Think: Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning - - gotta grab a quick cup of hot ph00 - - man it is cold down here - - only 62 on the lanai - - was down to 42 last night - - snow is about 9" deep in the driveway - I think - - uhhhh, sorry, that isn't snow, it is the flower petals that blew off due to the cold last night. boo hoo

Yup. And also the people who drive way under the limit in no passing zones than when you get to a passing area they speed up to 70.
Well, Its almost time for a shot of this generic NyQuil and a bowl of soup. Or vice versa.
Well Duh - - why do you think we change our speed in the passing zone? The speed limit changes there cuz it is now two lanes. What?? Can't hear you! You say it doesn't change? Are you sure? Does in the other 56 states. There are 57 states - - right??? Hey, hope you are doing better - you are sounding more like yourself - - sorta crazee nice. ......

OK, off to work some more. Man I bit off something to chew. Hope the teeth hold up. More ph00.............

FreezingBob (guess I have orange juice in my veins)
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez.....I haven't missed much in here today have I? Just a fly-by to say "Howdy."

I'm out.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM

Geez.....I haven't missed much in here today have I? Just a fly-by to say "Howdy." I'm out.
You hit that nail on the head. Checked my deodorant - - it ain't me. Sure scarce for traffic. Heading in with the blonde.

Bob
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM

Yup. And also the people who drive way under the limit in no passing zones than when you get to a passing area they speed up to 70.
Try leaving McCook at 7AM. The people that haul their kids to the rest area to go to school in the next town over will do 50 in the 35 to catch and pass you, then do 45 in the 65 once they hit the edge of town.

Also seems a lot of people have a problem with getting passed by a first-gen.

Slow indeed.....kinda like last night......no action for 8 hrs!!!
8 hours? I wish I could get action that often!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Did you forget that you DROVE down to Seattle?
Thanks. I couldn't remember where I parked at.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Bark, sorry about the chlamydia....
And just for the record, I have never had sex with shellfish or mollusks.

GNight all.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Administrator

And just for the record, I have never had sex with shellfish or mollusks.
Chlamydia, not CLAMidia!

Mornin' all.

Today is Friday, January 25th, 2013, and on this day in 1890, the United Mine Workers of America was founded.

1915 - In New York, Alexander Graham Bell spoke to his assistant in San Francisco, inaugurating the first transcontinental telephone service.

1946 - The United Mine Workers rejoined the American Federation of Labor.

1959 - In the U.S., American Airlines had the first scheduled transcontinental flight of a Boeing 707.

1961 - John F. Kennedy presented the first live presidential news conference from Washington, DC. The event was carried on radio and television.

1971 - Charles Manson and three female members of his "family" were found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit murder and seven counts of murder in the first degree. They were all sentenced to death for the 1969 killings. The sentences were later commuted to life sentences.

1981 - The 52 Americans held hostage by Iran for 444 days arrived in the United States and were reunited with their families.

1993 - A gunman shot and killed two CIA employees outside the agencies headquarters in Virginia. Mir Aimal Kansi, a Pakistani national, was later convicted of the shootings.

1995 - The defense gave its opening statement in the O.J. Simpson trial.

1999 - In Louisville, KY, man received the first hand transplant in the United States.

2001 - A minor earthquake hit northeastern Ohio. The quake measured only 4.2 on the Richter Scale.

2010 - In Arlington, TX, the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame had its grand opening. (Is this to commemorate those Super Bowls?)

Today's thought: Luck pays the same as skill.

Coffee's on. Ph00 t00.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 AM

Mornin Scott - - think we are the only ones up. Grabbing a ph00 and heading out to conquer. Uhhhh, well, heading out. .............

Bob
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
DTR Mom

Happy Nooner DTR!!!

rolling through here, back from a clean run through Michigan and back, nasty pile up in T rad town...(ohio). good money to pay more taxes, ugh.
thought I was in Mississippi......it was twobelow here...lol

don't know how my construction friends do it....40 mph winds make it chilly. doing a warm project, painting the apartment custom blue for new renter. better than grinding weld on the dump box in the barn...

cat stalking the birds outside....winner winner chicken dinner.....
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
better than grinding weld on the dump box in the barn...
NO! There's NOTHING better than grinding or welding, even if it's in a cold barn. Well, grinding outside in a 20 MPH wind at twobelow might be better, but it's close!

Evening y'all!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Howdy all y'all, how has everyone's week been? I haven't gone back over this week's posts yet so I don't know what shenanigans everyone has been up to. On behalf of most Canadians, we are sorry that so many of you are experiencing what is normally our winter weather. DW and I have had a some really neat experiences this week. Apparently a family of moose (dad, mom and what looks like a 2 yr old baby) have taken up residence in our neighborhood. Our fields behind our house are on their daily travel route. Last Saturday they were about 1,000ft west of us. By their Wednesday trip the were grazing on the alfalfa plants that are above the snow behind our barn, that is only 200ft from our back deck. They are such amazing looking animals, even the baby is monstrous. I am hoping we can get some good pictures during the coming days. The telephoto lens on our camera is a fair size but I really wish I had one of those monstrous lenses you see advertised in National Geographic. This week was also my annual public speaking clinic at our local 4H club. What an awesome experience. There are a bunch of new members in the club this year but two brothers who look about 12 and 13 yrs old really caught my attention. They looked like they were going to have strokes when they found out that they were going to have to give impromptu speeches in a few minutes. The smiles on their faces when they were done their speeches and they realized they not only survived but did quite well was the high point of my week! Public speaking is such a valuable skill and so many adult are reduced to panic attacks at the mere thought of it.
DW is finally about back to normal after having a problematic molar extracted last Friday. She has been eating soft food for days. Tonight we are having hot chicken wings (like you get at Hooters), crudites and dip (ranch or blue cheese) for supper. That is one of my favorite Friday night suppers. I will check back in after we play a few games of pool.
I hope everyone is healthy, happy and safe.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
DTR Mom

wings with blue cheese dip and playing pool, not minding the wind and snow?

you must be from Buffalo, Ny....hah hah kidding rocky mountain moose man...

chawacky, you have a nice heated shop and one project. oh, forgot, you HATE painting.

color looks nice, still do cut-ins freehand. see more work to do for a 'feel right' good job.

tacos tonight, woo hoo hubby cooked meat and even got the mail!
I refuse to leave the house. assigned truck had heat stuck on iceberg.
bought a 12v hair dryer to keep me warm.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
tacos tonight, woo hoo hubby cooked meat and even got the mail!
I refuse to leave the house. assigned truck had heat stuck on iceberg.
bought a 12v hair dryer to keep me warm.
Wow, great minds running in the same gutter - - - uhhhh, channel. We had tacos tonight also - - every so often gotta reflect on our Mexico trips. 12v hair dryer???? Boy, must be really nice up there. Saw the pics of school buses sliding sideways on a road. Horrors. Sure nice down here.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM

I called DeWalt last week and told them I had a model DWxxxx 7 inch angle grinder, and needed the flange nut that holds the grinding wheel on the spindle, but didn't know the part number because I didn't have the book.

This sure ain't gonna hold no grinding wheel on. Name:  012513193021.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  31.7 KB

Quick Reply: Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26