Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Thanks for the kudus - - I work at it hard.
Yes you DO! Congrats!

My flowers are blooming everywhere - - Bouganvillea is almost solid purple, gardenias are blooming (daughter holds her nose and runs for the door when she comes over - - has to pass by three big bushes), Ixora all blooming - - pretty.Orchids are still enjoying the indoors tonight - - back out tomorrow except a couple that are blooming so pretty.
I have made a decision; you're always telling us how beautiful these things are, so you now have to post a few pictures of them. You just got a superior report from your doctor, so we know you're not some sickly old phart and we know it won't be stressing your heart to get your butt out there and do it. So, DO IT! please?Show us the blooms Bob! Show us the lanny or whatever you call it. Just don't show us your leggs!

Evening all.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scot, you finally back from downtown Jackson? How bad could that have been.....after all, you did get paid right? Now you can pay that crazy high fuel oil bill!!!! Can't believe that crude is that high!! Makes one wonder what's next in line to shoot up in price.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Show us the lanny or whatever you call it.
Pretty sure he call's it the lanai.......

He'll probably let that slide this one time.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I'm hoping to be able to do 1 1/2 to 2 cords an hour after I build my processor.

The wood boilers are supposed to be a little better than 50% efficient, and I have an unlimited supply of free wood, so in theory, this thing should pay for itself and the cost of the processor build in no more than 5 years.
Highest I've ever accomplished was about 70%. That was a 35 HP 3 pass boiler with power draft and power burn and a bunch of electronics. Needed to be maintained (punched down) daily or it'd plug up.

That baby did put out the heat, though, and consumed all the scrap wood from the water bed factory it was heating and then some.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jhenson
Scot, you finally back from downtown Jackson? How bad could that have been.....after all, you did get paid right? Now you can pay that crazy high fuel oil bill!!!!
Yeah, I'm back. 6 days of getting up at 0330 and not getting home until 1800 and all the money will be used for OIL!

I wouldn't count on it!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM

I'm startin' to believe the new "American Dream" is getting paid to pay someone else! Home ownership ain't all it's cracked up to be anymore.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I wouldn't count on it!
You're right - - now boy, get it right. It is a LANAI - - LANAI - - GOT IT?????.....................Yeh I know, you just call it a screen porch. DUH, how dull.

I have made a decision; you're always telling us how beautiful these things are, so you now have to post a few pictures of them. You just got a superior report from your doctor, so we know you're not some sickly old phart and we know it won't be stressing your heart to get your butt out there and do it. So, DO IT! please?Show us the blooms Bob! Show us the lanny or whatever you call it. Just don't show us your leggs!
Try pic #1 in my album - - one of my orchids sitting in the lanai. Man, what more could you ever want? I will show you new pics of the lanai when I get it done - - that is IF I ever get it done. Sure coming together slow. Soon, baby, soon - - can't wait. Parts for the grille are due tomorrow. Man is good and heavy stainless ever expensive. LEGGS??? No way, Jose. One is almost twice as large as the other - - - don't know when that is going to correct - - it has been 2-1/2 months all ready and still all swollen.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Administrator

I'm startin' to believe the new "American Dream" is getting paid to pay someone else! Home ownership ain't all it's cracked up to be anymore.
Care to elaborate on that so the rest of us know what you're talking about?

Try pic #1 in my album - - one of my orchids sitting in the lanai. Man, what more could you ever want? I will show you new pics of the lanai when I get it done - -
No, no, no! I show pictures of all MY projects in progress, you do the same! Get off the PORCH!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Care to elaborate on that so the rest of us know what you're talking about?
Pretty sure it's self explanatory! We all get paid just to pay someone else so we can live on a day to day basis.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Pretty sure it's self explanatory! We all get paid just to pay someone else so we can live on a day to day basis.
Well why didn't you just SAY that?!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM

Well why didn't you just SAY that?!
I reckon I just did!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Bark
Thanks Rick.
I have had mornings that made me question if those around me are going to survive. Today its the moron on the cell phone weaving around the road in front of me.
drivers dont frustrate me that much.... I get annoyed at the Arkansans that wanna drive on your bumper thru town, blow past you at the first opportunity do then keep it under 55 when the speed limit is 65.
Yup! Having one right now as a matter of fact. I've been fighting with this site for half an hour just trying to get to the 'Other' Forum and when I get here I find an embedded Ford Commercial. Amazing how they can do that crap but not give any thought as to why the site may be slow!
I spent a day pretty much off the web. Im feeling better today.
Im out to do anything else.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Don't buy a farm..
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Evening!

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Could this be the diesel sniffer version of the people of Walmart?

It's the flu. It's everywhere.
Yeah, I shouldnt be complaining. At least I feel good enough to whine about it. Our flight from Seattle to Anchorage was delayed because they had to replace the first officer due to illness.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
then keep it under 55 when the speed limit is 65.
Yup. And also the people who drive way under the limit in no passing zones than when you get to a passing area they speed up to 70.

Well, Its almost time for a shot of this generic NyQuil and a bowl of soup. Or vice versa.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 AM

Morning fine folks. Dang connection issues AGAIN this morning. After a lengthy reply to a poster I hit the submit button only to have everything I just typed wiped out and the site locked up. Too mad to re-type it all right now.

Coffee is ready, multiple choices for pHoO, and Claude has his pot of hot water should he stop by this morning. I'll check back afterwhile and see how it's going. Hopefully this post will live!!!

Quick Reply: Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26