Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

CNN suspends Novak after on-air swear

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Begle1
Well, in the case of Jackson's boobie, I wouldn't say that "as God made her" is exactly right on...
Who cares?... I liked it.

Britt

Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 PM

it wasn't his profanity that got him reprimended it was him getting up and walking off the set like a spoiled child because he didn't like being "challenged"
Old 08-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Herb....Carville does not "challange" or "debate", he harasses and pushes himself to the limelight. The only time he has ever been humbled or has shut up is when GW was re-elected.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
Sorry Herb....Carville does not "challange" or "debate", he harasses and pushes himself to the limelight. The only time he has ever been humbled or has shut up is when GW was re-elected.
he (we) were not humbled when GW was crowned king again we were struck with fear, hoping our country would be able to survive 4 more years of his "governing".
I see they are going to begin reissueing t bonds to help finance the interest on the nations depecit. Doubt that is going to tide us over until we get some responsable fiscal policy on board again, maybe if they raise fuel taxes another couple dollars a gal we will make it thru the next 3 years.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Chapter President

I know the economy is not great, but then it hasn't been in many years. I don't see anyone out there, in either party, that has a workable plan. Some of them sound good, but the bottom line still doesn't balance.....just like it was when GW took over. The wars in the Middle East hasn't helped, but in the end it will benefit future generations. If not financially, national security. Don't forget the unprovoked attack on 9-11. I'm not saying it won't happen again, but it's better to have the pigs running around Iraq then have them plotting over here. If we were not there, they would be here.

Personally, I'm better off financially now then I have been since the late sixties.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:39 PM

I know the economy is not great, but then it hasn't been in many years. I don't see anyone out there, in either party, that has a workable plan. Some of them sound good, but the bottom line still doesn't balance.....just like it was when GW took over. The wars in the Middle East hasn't helped, but in the end it will benefit future generations. If not financially, national security. Don't forget the unprovoked attack on 9-11. I'm not saying it won't happen again, but it's better to have the pigs running around Iraq then have them plotting over here. If we were not there, they would be here.

Personally, I'm better off financially now then I have been since the late sixties.
in once more then out all together before i get this string shut down

The economy ,IN FACT, was better during the Clinton administration than anytime in history. This country had a surplus GW pi------ away. Blaming the economy downturn on 9-11 is ludacrus. All the money we spent on spraying the middle east with weapons were weapons built and replaced by munition factories in this country. ie that money went into our economy it was not taken from our economy.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:47 PM

You don't think they're plotting over here now? It was eight years between the WTC bombing to when they took it out with air planes. They being Saudis who trained in Afghanistan and Venice Florida. Still not sure how Iraq plays into it all. I'm sure there were and are extremists all over the world who donated funds to the terrorists and all but a few applauded openly when the WTC came down. Makes me want to say S P F C H and D. Odd how the right wingers are the language police yet they accidently fire off a profanity now and then on TV or when they don't realize the press is recording. Jeb has also been recorded using dirty words.
Has Rush Limbaugh ever had a debate with Carville? That would be two self loving egotists pushing and harrassing themselves into the lime light. I'd even flip on the worthless tube to watch that fiasco!
I've only seen Carville one time. My inlaws watch that garbage and yell at the TV...
Old 08-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by herb

The economy ,IN FACT, was better during the Clinton administration than anytime in history. This country had a surplus GW pi------ away. Blaming the economy downturn on 9-11 is ludacrus. All the money we spent on spraying the middle east with weapons were weapons built and replaced by munition factories in this country. ie that money went into our economy it was not taken from our economy.
My economy was not better under slick *****........

I agree with you on the munitions, but what about the increased security by the Feds and local municipalities? How about the money being spent tryng to keep it from happen again? If it means cutting down on the odds of having another 9-11 or any other act of terriorism, and keep my family a little safer, they can have some more of my money.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Caught another one in the trap

Somebody spring Herb from that trap and put another stinky piece of cheese in it!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by herb

Sooooo. You think a surplus is a good thing? How is overtaxation a good thing? When a business has extra money, it can PRODUCE something with it. It can leverage capital and make a profit.

What can the Gov't do with a surplus? Fritter it away with prodigal managment? The gov't CONSUMES. The private sector PRODUCES.

As for the economy under Clinton, well that's just great. He was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time so he could attempt to claim credit for something he had nothing to do with.

If you examine the Clinton economic policies that led to economic prosperity, you will see they were moderate or conservative ideas (like tax reform) that he signed because he was not willing to veto something a conservative Congress sent him.

It's rather disappointing to see the prevalence of economic illiteracy in the people of our America as a whole.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by HOHN
Sooooo. You think a surplus is a good thing? How is overtaxation a good thing? When a business has extra money, it can PRODUCE something with it. It can leverage capital and make a profit.

What can the Gov't do with a surplus? Fritter it away with prodigal managment? The gov't CONSUMES. The private sector PRODUCES.

As for the economy under Clinton, well that's just great. He was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time so he could attempt to claim credit for something he had nothing to do with.

If you examine the Clinton economic policies that led to economic prosperity, you will see they were moderate or conservative ideas (like tax reform) that he signed because he was not willing to veto something a conservative Congress sent him.

It's rather disappointing to see the prevalence of economic illiteracy in the people of our America as a whole.
simply put, are you better off with money in the bank or a wallet full of high interest maxed out credit cards?
you have to have done something right to have gotton money saved in bank
Old 08-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by P.J
Stupid is about right. The really sad thing is that some folks actually walk around acting like they are better than the next guy. I look at it like this, when you stub your toe, you think" SOB!!, I atually SAY it!
Which is worse, I mean "God" can hear what you are thinking, right?
If GOD didn't want you to swear, then he wouldn't have invented Tourette's syndrome.
There is actually a place in the brain that is only for swear words.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Yup, look at all the $$$$ we as a nation saved by Clinton's hacking away at the US military, and intellegence gathering agencies.
Boy-O-Boy it sure made me feel warm and fuzzy knowing I had a couple of extra bucks in the bank on 9-11-01.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Yup, look at all the $$$$ we as a nation saved by Clinton's hacking away at the US military, and intellegence gathering agencies.
Boy-O-Boy it sure made me feel warm and fuzzy knowing I had a couple of extra bucks in the bank on 9-11-01.
Darn.....I wish I had said that.!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:43 AM

Darn.....I wish I had said that.!
good thing King George had been in office long enough to get all the armaments built we used in Iraq.

Quick Reply: CNN suspends Novak after on-air swear