Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

clothes dryer gas or electric?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You bet... When I bought this house it was all electric. When the winter bills for heat got past $400 a month, I installed a gas system and slowly converted to gas where possible. Cut the electric bill to $80's and cost less than a hundred for winter gas bill.

In 1993 we had 16 inches of snow, no power for almost five days. Still had heat, hot water, cooking, and thanks to my ham radio emergency setup, the six golf cart batteries gave us some lights, tv, computer games for the kids, and the car stereo mounted on the bench. On the third day they started getting low so I shade treed an extension from the Geo and let it charge them up for a couple of hours. Always planned to build a 12v generator with a lawn mower motor, never got around to it. But never lost power since then.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember that snow in 93, I had propane for heat, water and stove, my brother hooked me up with a 5kw propane gen, we was snug as bugs in a rug, just a lot a dirty clothes because of the electric dryer, and 1 almost dead neighbor for shutting down my gen at 8:30 one night, said it was annoying him that's because he was freezing his rear end off We now have total electric and it stinks, that's why we have 2 5kw gas gens just in case, but I have seen a guy on e-bay that sells just the gen heads up to 20-30 kw, was thinking about getting one and a good diesel engine for power when needed. I've already to Kat, when we build our house this summer, it WILL have propane heat, water, and stove and at least a 10 kw gen. Where our land is, you can't get natural gas