Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Pistol, is the coal fired power plant still in service down there in Washington State? Did the power plant get flooded? Your weather is looking good for now. Cool, partly cloudy.
Yes ... that is where I am working. Place has been here since 1973 I think. No flooding at the plant this time, but they had a few guys that stayed there since they couldn't get to their home. Some of the crew was off yesterday helping folks clean out the mud from their homes. Sure is sad to see the mountains of personal things sitting outside all the homes. Some lost all !!

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Pistol, I'm heading out to Mountain View Sunday or Monday to visit a buddy for a day or two. If you're going to be home pm me a number and I'll buy you a cup while I'm there.
I wish I could say that I would be there .... doesn't look like it's gonna happen though. I sent my cell # ...just in case .

Have a great day !!!
PISTOL
Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Time for the 2nd cuppa

Gave wife wake up call, her body is still on Texas time, so she was awake.
Got a kidlette home, struck down by internal disorders. Kaff, kaff,.
Pistol, it is so sad to see the losses that floods can cause. It affects everyone.
How long you going to be in western WA? When that plant was built is was the latest and greatest for coal fired power.
5erBob, the job jar of 2do list will never be empty. Some one always sneaks in and adds to it. Your right, be glad us sexy seniors can still do things.

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Hat, the Marines are part of the Navy? Never knew that. What does the Navy use Marines for, ballast?
Seriously tho, what's this extension all about? Extending your time on PI? I hope you get what you want buddy.
Yeah, the mens department... really tho, they are. I was trying to extend, but they are not letting me. I am going to the Air Station on the 17th.
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Ah yes, Japan ... my knees are still tore up from crawling down the pier in Okinawa after a good night of liberty !! We'll be sure to let the boys on the gators know that you are on your way ... I'm sure they will whup up something special in the chow line for ya !! In all fairness ... we always had a good bunch of grunts riding the Mt. Vernon, especially the Gunny's. Rarely any problems with any of them. I just hated going on their side of the ship to do any work ... it seems that every last one of them forgot to pack deodorant for the entire cruise .
No better friend, no worse enemy. Thanks for the heads up...
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Hat , ya got me confused.. are you on the Light Duty list pending your wrist, extending on PI or PCs to Japan??????
if its the PCS option, i know a safe place to leave teh truck while your gone.....
Yeah, but I can PCA no problem, the Air Station is right down the road. I have not been officially put on light duty, but when I get that cast on...
HAT some things are never easy, and there is always the naging doubt, "did I make the right choice?"
Not worried about this, and it's not my choice anymore... I'm all about it. Time to leave.
Originally Posted by 04ctd
Okay, Hat, whats up? lay out the options, and Pistol and I will guide your career down the tubes....
No thanks.... You can come down and eat with me one afternoon, I found an all you can eay oyster place the other day....
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Maybe if you were Rip van Winkle.
Still not long enough!

Checkin out... not gonna be around much... Catch ya'll in a bit...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ChrisR, how does the dually handle on ice? Haven't ever had ours on ice.
Read about that storm. Brutal stuff, that ice storm.
The dually doesn't so much as handle on ice, as it is a game of "aim it in the right direction, hope it don't slide sideways too much and nothing jumps out in front of ya"....
actually it hasn't done too bad, but I have over half ton of weight in the bed..havent slid much untill I got home this morning, then I slid all the way down the drive....

Well, I am glad that the worst of it went west of me last night, but we have another front coming, they are saying up to another inch of ice. there is about a half inch on everything now... it stayed right at the freezing mark until around 0700 this morning and started dropping.. lost power around 0300 this am, just came back up..
Got home and found this across the driveway.. and a few more down on top of the fences.. been out with the chainsaw already and got them cleared away enough for now..get the rest when it thaws!

BTW that tree had no split in it when i left the house last night! teh branch that is broken is about 18 inches round where it broke....TreeDR, where are you???need a bid....
Attached Thumbnails Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07-ice-storm4.jpg   Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07-ice-storm2.jpg   Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07-ice-storm3.jpg  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Mornin all

Davey hope your doing all right with all the responsibilities with the Mrs gone. The accent on your cough. Kaff Kaff sounds like your from Boston. Or have your been hanging around the janitor to long. Accent wore
off on ya

Heidi nice pics. Are the ATV's hard to steer with the tracks on? I know they say they will go anywhere with them on but is it only in a straight line?

Bob glad your still enjoying some good weather down where you are. It's chilly here but the sun is shining so shouldn't complain. Roads have improved in the region from what was on the news last night.

Chris no wonder you were slipping around. Can't get traction on glare ice like that. It's going to take a long time to replace a tree that big. Kinda sad to see it get torn apart like that. What kind of tree was it?

Have a good day. Do a random act of kindness it's good for the soul...

Later
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

GUNNA HAVE TO KEEP A CLOSE LEASE ON IJOBB-OR HE`LL HAVE YA-SAING-KAFFEE-TAE-&_PHOO-PHOO-WHAT WILL 5ER SAY
WELL I CAN SEE WHERE THIS HOLE THING COULD TURN IN TO A MESS-WITH CABBIN-FEVER-AND ALL GOING AROUND !

CLAUDE-SITTING HERE ON THIS SAC-O-SEEDS
Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon... just got back from chow... took the wife out. I'm scammin a little while I'm checkin out. Had oysters, a beer (or two...) and a BBQ sammich that was not too bad...
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

HEY HAT, THE GUYS WITH THE THREAD ON TV`S MIGHT BE A LITTLE -UP-SETTY - DROPPED IN AND TOLD THEM ABOUT MY 2,5 DIAGONAL -RADIO SHACK HAND HELD - DON`T THINK IT IS GOING TO FIT WITH THEIR 51- 55- &60 IN PLAZMAS-HE-HE-HE
WHAT YOU THINK ?
CLAUDE-SITTING HERE ON THIS SAC-O-SEEDS-PLENTY OF COFFEE-FOO-FOO- &TEA ,STILL ON THE BURNER
Old 12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Afternoon goodie launch!!!What you will find in the baggies are peanut butter and chocolate no bake cookies.YUM-YUM!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Fly by post>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

quick note then off to something else....

GOOD to see ya CIN!! hope all is settled down a bit for ya!!

Davey- hobo cherry pies are simply cherry pie filling in between two slices of white bread then put two steel plates around it and bury it in coals. ready in about a minute, perfect pie like golden brown crust...mmmmmm I made about thirty of them, looked a drunken assembly line with eager helpers, some did not make it past one big fella (Indian) so we made him run for water.
then everyone got a pie, that wanted one.

we were told the tribe members were cooking breakfast for us. we found out we were wrong at 4:45AM when we all got a big boot in the sleeping bag to get up. they took us out fishing for our breakfast. if you didn't catch one, you went hungry. lots of yelling -I got ONE! wonder how any fish remained.
came back about 7AM with 41 fish, bass, northern, perch, and who knows what else. big tray of hot water for the first cooking, all bones out, then into second tray of butter, lemongrass and a bit of maple syrup and into a bowl of cornmeal. (their assembly line was waaaay better than our pie line). I know I could never repeat that meal, but BOY WAS THAT GOOD! filling too!

Claude, tracked vehicles steer ok, just not like a racing sports car. you have to do it like you would play pool, figure the simplest angle from where you are, to where you want to go. This one will go up a rock wall about seven foot high. yeah, I watched! wasn't dumb enough to do it ...

front end of belgians, the men are six feet tall if that helps..easy to drive boys, they were. they liked my voice he said. Dasher and Dancer were the names.
did five cords of wood this morning, son took the dump truck when I went to go load up BUT THAT WAS OKAY!!! He applied for a factory job in the next town. the miracle of whereIlive street......
Scott CHAIKWA- oh my goodness that tractor has more power now then when new....never took it out of idle and it split some nasty big stuff without a bog. THANK YOU for the stainless bit....
Old 12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

53 emails today,
20 minute phone call to my boss who is "stuck" in Norway till Friday.
still at home.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:32 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Frosty How Bad Is The Ice Where Your At ?
Man Wish I Was Closer -chris Needs Some Help !
Claude
Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
Claude
~80 here last few days, claude!!

want me to send some heat up your way to defrost the place?

been running AC at work & in car.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
REALLY old dog

You See The Pict Of Tree On Chris`s House
Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by old dog
Claude
the trays are full.

Im far enough south and east that I missed out on all the nasty stuff.

Quick Reply: Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07