Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin... Last day here on Parris Island. My time has come to an end... Lots of feelings. Good times.

Ma, you need some MRE's? I have some, lemme see how much it will cost to ship, a box is pretty heavy.

Bout to start making the final rounds. See ya'll later.

Oh, yeah, coffee's on.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by l jobb
Hat are you going to have to move or can you commute? Hard on the little hats if they have to change schools and friends. How many more miles if you can travel back and forth?
It's actually closer to the Air Station than Parris Island from where I live now. Same location. No movin.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
MADHATTER- please go with God's Grace and all of our DTR love and wishes!!
what is the term for equipment taken out of use? not decomissioned, it is stamped on army stuff.....
Thanks, ma. I'm gonna cry this afternoon. Hmmm... Wothless?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see Hat an' Chris back. Now maybe this place will get back to normal!

Chris, what MaWannabe said 'bout the willow. Dry it for 2 years an' possibly it'll burn!

No snow here. No ice either. Just kinda cool an'windy. I guess New England got hammered with about a foot of snow. More comin' for 'em this weekend with hurricane force wind too. Glad I'm 'here'!

I see that the coffee, tea an' pho0 are all on an' in sufficient quantities, so I'm off to clean stalls so I can replenish the coffee supply, um, I mean, so the hosses have a clean place to sleep!

chaikwa.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
here.

it's nice out. 59 this AM.

i took the scooter to work, mama rode the truck.
she ain't all about the "helmet hairdo" at work.

purty & sunny here. good day to leave PI with all your parts & stripes intact
Old 12-14-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin all

Weather and temps were nice when I woke up at 0630 only -5*C. Should warm up this afternoon so will have to fill up with washer fluid if I go anywhere. Going to get awfully sloppy.

Good to hear that you got all that wood off your house with minimal damage Chris. With a bucket truck those guys sure don't take long to reduce a tree to fire wood.

It is good to have them back maybe we'll get some decent coffee now... some new grounds at least and maybe a new filter/sock.clean?

Heidi good to hear that your tranny leak is fixable. Don't need the extra $$$$ going out if it can be helped. Especially at this time of year.

Wife has her Christmas party tonight. Didn't get an official invite but am assuming that I can go. Going to be kinda awkward if she asked someone else. Hmmmm what to do what to do. I'll take a chance and break out the suit and tie, polish the shoes.

Have to wrap and send presents to sis and bro in law in WA. Kind of late because we were waiting for one present to be finished. Hope it makes it there in time but knowing Canada Post it might make it there by spring.

Mark good to see that you wont have to move/relocate. Just carry on like you knew what your doing. j/k Good for the little hats too.

Need to get at it. Later...
Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 PM

Afternooner all,

Houston is a mild 60*F or so, partly cloudy, had enuff rain overnight to settle the dust.
Chaikwa, when is the breakroom ever been "normal?" Always good to have HAT and ChrisR in here.
Wife was up all night, making a pioneer dress for kidlett for school today. She promised she would make one. She is accountable and good for her word. So now she will have to tap into another drum of midnight oil. Got the little kidlett here on sick call. He went to Dr today.
When things get settled for HAT and he gets the Airstation shaped up, I would bet that he will be here again. Good that he don't have to pull out and move. Makes it easer on MommaHat and the Hatletts.

Ijobb put on the glad rags and party like a rock star. What happens under the mistletoe stays under the mistletoe at an office Christmas
party.

Just talked to wife. DHL missent the paychecks for the work crews and the office staff. They are now hotshotting them down from Austin. I said I would be down early to keep her company, but everyone will be waiting for the $$$$

04CDT wife should look at helmet hair as a status symbol.

Wannabe, good news on the tranny. Put your feet up by the fire, and relax.

Fronty, keep your feet warm and make the best of your time at home.

I have the truck today, as I bail one kidlett out of the think tank. Took it to a big chain tire shop to have the pressure in the tires checked. The man that did it said it is easer to pull of the outside dually to check the tires. 3 1/2 floor jack, air wrench and think he was right. Did not take long at all. Torqued the lugs to 150# Truck rides and steers better with the tires where they should be. Then filled with #2 LSD diesel fuel. Went home check the oil and tranny ok. Looked under the truck looks good, puke bottle MIA. Think I will extend the hose a wee bit.

Went to jazz_kt "need help" thread and voted again today so maybe their Grant regional medical center will win the MRI machine.

TGIF, to me means toes go in first.
Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I got a nice fire going in the fireplace, sniffling and blowing, and trying to convince myself that I dont feel as bad as I really do.

I know Im not the only one with a pita boss. I should just get over it and stop whining.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Evening, all...
04 came to my thing, pictures and vid later. I am really emotional, if that's how you spell it...

We had an after party, with one of my really good friends, he is like a brother to me. John was there too, it is amazing how you feel to have good friends that really care about you around you. I ain't got many, it's good to feel the love.

Ladies and gents, I left a legacy today. It will take years to match what happened today, and I am proud of it. Money cannot buy the feelings that I have.

Thanks, John, for being there.

See you guys in the am. Might go hunting, hope I get a deer. Or 2...

notahatanymore........
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

your thing???

did I miss something? you finially make it out of PI?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
your thing???

did I miss something? you finally make it out of PI?
yep, they kicked him to the curb today.

i got a old RMCM(SS) at work, did ~28 years or so.

i asked him, should i go see Mad, or not?

had an eye appointment (an wife was PO'ed)

RMCM said "you will never have this day again, and your buddy won't ever leave his first tour of PI again..go go! GO!!"

and I ripped down there.

good times, my brother, good times.
wish i had time to stop & see the kidhats.

got home, pushed bike in (180 miles today, almost out of gas)
washed face, hopped in truck, took mama down to little Philly cheese/Italian shop, sat outside on the veranda, had hot homemade lasanga and spaghetti in a bowl, held her hand, told her i loved her,
and thought "our God is an awesome God"
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
DTR Mom

Wink welll.....

on to new things Supermorton, new friends you haven't met yet too!

Fronty- here is the place to vent (men vent- weenys whine)and you never complain, so please- put it in capital letters if ya want, that is what we are here for- understanding that there are idiots who sign our paychecks...

Ijobb, our coast gets blasted now, watch out for your place come january winds are swirling.

husband wanted to be prepared for big storm sunday (calling for feet of snow, not just inches anymore) so forgets diesel fuel for tractor; gas for generator but boy did he buy ice cream, 4 half gallons of it! whew! sure glad we are now storm prepared.....
guess who gets to fill up tomorrow morning...

took out fridge and air conditioner thingy from boat; actually nice in there with the heater on. came out easier than expected and fridge model needs to go back (recall) and checking compressor on ac unit. sensor plugged.
wowo, little effort up front gets repaid with small fix. unbelievable week!

we have the best members here folks! just so nice to talk with a bunch of you, please have a great Christmas and happy new year! I wish all the easiest of times with a lot of happy endings!!
and hope my son gets a job ;^) hehehe
Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 AM

Haven't seen the night-shift make their rounds for a few hours so I figured I'd get up and check things out. Everything seems in place and quiet except for a few donuts arguing over in the corner. Knew better than to try and interfere with that.

Punched the Start button on the coffee makers for the rest of you. Scrambled eggs for me. More eggs in the fridge if you want some.

Heading out shortly to finish winterizing the travel trailer before the snow arrives this afternoon. Have a good one and be safe out there.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
Haven't seen the night-shift make their rounds for a few hours so I figured I'd get up and check things out. .
because we are wearing our snow cammies......
And dont worry about those two donuts.. they wont trouble anyone now....> shotgun<
been here since 2000 Friday evening.. after this shift I will have 46 hours OT for this pay period...I like the $$ but need some sleep badly...I've had 5 hours nap time over the last 2 1/2 dasy and i am starting to feel like a zombie..........I shouldnt be concious.... more quick!!!!

Snow storm is going good, some areas close by are reporting 7-9 inches so far... here on post we havent got over an inch yet...hope it all stays somewhere else...

hatingthecoldandtiredandcrankyandIhaveagunsodontge tbetweenmeandthecoffeepot..................CD
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
because we are wearing our snow cammies......
And dont worry about those two donuts.. they wont trouble anyone now....> shotgun<
been here since 2000 Friday evening.. after this shift I will have 46 hours OT for this pay period...I like the $$ but need some sleep badly...I've had 5 hours nap time over the last 2 1/2 dasy and i am starting to feel like a zombie..........I shouldnt be concious.... more quick!!!!

Snow storm is going good, some areas close by are reporting 7-9 inches so far... here on post we havent got over an inch yet...hope it all stays somewhere else...

hatingthecoldandtiredandcrankywithagun............ ......CD

So that's the shots I heard. I'm sure the janitor will enjoy cleaning up that mess when he comes in.

Glad to know that you're still on watch and didn't get lost in the snow storm. Keep that snow blower handy and try to stay warm.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Goodmorning!

First off,I hate to see Hat go,I want to thank you for trying to keep us in line.You be safe out there and pop in when you can!!!!Heck you ain't goin nowhere!

On another note.INCOMINGBaggies are flying everywhere,hitting landing strips across the USA,Even hitting the landing strip for our troops!!!!!! God bless all of our Soldiers!!!

Sac-o-seeds,coffee,skinny-quik,tea,and foo-foo all up ready and awaiting!
Cin's gotta run on a roll again today.See Ya. Enjoy your goodie and yummy baggies.

Quick Reply: Claude's S-O-S Coffee bar ~ 12/9/07--12/15/07