Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cingular phones

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cingular phones

Whats a good cingular phone-prefer motorola. Ive had good luck in past. 2 v551s, had a slvr a year before sound quit. Bought another one and sound is real quiet on it. Im looking at the krzr, anybody have one/advice on it? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 PM

I have a Razr and I really don't see why they are so special..it's bigger than my old phone and it's so flimsy im afraid im going to break it all the time...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the SLVR and love it. it has IPOD funciton built in
Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

I have never actually had a Motorolla phone, always Nokias untill I got the Treo I currently have. I haven't had a volume issue with any of them. I have a friend with a KRZR, he is really happy with it.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM

I have a razr and its been a piece of junk to me well 2 pieces of junk(im on my second one) there not hardy at all and when its cold out i cant talk on my phone as when it gets cold the screen shuts off and i have to pull the battery to get it back.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM

i have an LG. its a flip phone with a 640x 480 camera. i like it pretty good. i dropped it into a 2000 gallon water tank one time. it sat in there for a good 20 mins before i was able to fish it out. i got it out and there was water in all the screens. 10 hours later i took it apart and dried it all out, charged it over night, and it works good as new! my sony ericson.....if you LOOKED at it the worng way it would break.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by steerjock
I have a razr and its been a piece of junk to me well 2 pieces of junk(im on my second one) there not hardy at all and when its cold out i cant talk on my phone as when it gets cold the screen shuts off and i have to pull the battery to get it back.
Glad im not the only one having problems! I'm also tired of cingular... I have had more and more dropped calls from them then any other provider I have used...
Old 03-22-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Being that this is what I do (RF Engineer) and I don't work for Cingular the best phones for GSM are the Sony/Ericsson and Nokia period. Motorola's are not that durable.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Chapter President

but didn't you hear.....

Its not cingular anymore....Now's its Att again. (I bet we have to buy new phones again!)

Anyway,

He has the sliver and likes it. and his gf has the krazr or whatever it is. SHe likes it.

I have the razr and it sucks....well atleast the battery does I have a whole 5-10 min talk time battery. I ordered a new one so we'll see.

I thought, and have always been told, that nokia was the best with att and cingular as far as picking up a signal...Though I could be wrong....been know to be wrong before!

Let us know what you get, and how you like it.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:24 PM

I have a LG CG 300. It took almost 2 weeks to get the battery to last more than a day. It's good for a few days now and about 1 1/2 hours talking. Cold weather...it takes 2-3 calles to stay connected. I'm not real happy with it. The camera is lousey at best. The menu buttons are too small and awfull. Way too many key strokes to get to contacts. Impossible to read the keypad at night. And another $25 dedicated 12v charger which has a poor lighter connector.
Service....when I finally got through it was ok.

Not recommended.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Ya Ive heard good and bad-mainly bad-of razr. I like the SLVr but the speaker getting quiet is making me mad. I had a sony for a month, sold it to my bro, and it broke a month later. Nokias are great, but they dont have one i like right now. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't like the idea of a phone with a hinge on it....

I love cingular though, it works great almost everywhere i need it. I can even pick up a signal at home, which my previous phone couldn't do out here in the back of the valley.

My phone is a nokia 6010, bought it on ebay and then took it in to cingular and had them set it up.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Chapter President

Ok, I work at a Cingular/Att dealer, so lets see if i can answer those questions

Originally Posted by rbrettctd
Whats a good cingular phone-prefer motorola. Ive had good luck in past. 2 v551s, had a slvr a year before sound quit. Bought another one and sound is real quiet on it. Im looking at the krzr, anybody have one/advice on it? Thanks.
The KRZR is overpriced for what it does, the V3xx (new version) is our most popular phone right now. No problems with the new version (V3XX)

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
i have the SLVR and love it. it has IPOD funciton built in
SLVR was one of our worst phones, too many problems and overpriced compared to Sony Ericcson W810i

Originally Posted by steerjock
1-800-801-1101 = Warranty Exchange Number/Insurance

Originally Posted by ratat98
Glad im not the only one having problems! I'm also tired of cingular... I have had more and more dropped calls from them then any other provider I have used...
I guess that may be dependent on your area but overall Cingular/ATT has really good reception

Originally Posted by CODODGE2500MAN
Its not cingular anymore....Now's its Att again. (I bet we have to buy new phones again!)
Thats right and no you don't have to get new phones becasue of it.

Now my opinion comes from selling Verizon, Sprint and Cingular.

HTHs guys
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM

THanks haloman. i get my phones off ebay right now (since they dont last long enough, too many drops). Can I claim insurance with it?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Chapter President

If they are "Cingular" (not unlocked) branded phones and you have insurance already you can go into a store and have change your IMEI number on your account so your insurance will carry over.

Quick Reply: Cingular phones