Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chrysler Bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

With Chrysler going BK, is BO going to honor my 7yr 70,000 mile warranty? It's a sad day when you have to think of FIAT making Dodge trucks. Fix it again tony, has never made anything except junk vehicles!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:24 PM

Don't be surprised to see a Dodge/Fiat Ram truck with the med. duty Fiat diesel engine.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by USMC64-70
With Chrysler going BK, is BO going to honor my 7yr 70,000 mile warranty? It's a sad day when you have to think of FIAT making Dodge trucks. Fix it again tony, has never made anything except junk vehicles!
From what I understand, your SOL. The government will only honor the warranties on vehicles purchased after the bankruptcy, or this year or something to that effect. That may have changed, or I misunderstood it. And Im not sure on what the line is for whats covered and whats not.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by dieselpwrRam
Don't be surprised to see a Dodge/Fiat Ram truck with the med. duty Fiat diesel engine.
I would be EXTREMELY surprised to see a Dodge with a Fiat diesel under the hood instead of the Cummins. They arent dumb. Most guys say they bought a Cummins, not a Dodge. They say theyd buy whatever the Cummins came in. Dodge knows they have the best engine out there under their hoods, and in my opinion the best truck to house it. I guarantee, since I seem to be outnumbered in my thinking of the quality of Dodge trucks, if there wasnt a Cummins under the hood, they would lose maybe 200% of sales (thats just a made up figure, but the Dodge truck sales would plummet. Just myself and others like me that bought a Dodge, which just so happened to come with a Cummins in it, would be buying, and we're far outnumbered)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07
I would be EXTREMELY surprised to see a Dodge with a Fiat diesel under the hood instead of the Cummins. They arent dumb. Most guys say they bought a Cummins, not a Dodge. They say theyd buy whatever the Cummins came in. Dodge knows they have the best engine out there under their hoods, and in my opinion the best truck to house it. I guarantee, since I seem to be outnumbered in my thinking of the quality of Dodge trucks, if there wasnt a Cummins under the hood, they would lose maybe 200% of sales (thats just a made up figure, but the Dodge truck sales would plummet. Just myself and others like me that bought a Dodge, which just so happened to come with a Cummins in it, would be buying, and we're far outnumbered)
Not to pick an argument here, but now that the government is calling the shots, all common sense will be thrown out the window.. anything us gun totin' rednecks like will probably be the first to go..
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 AM

america as we knew it just 10 years ago will never be the same.
sad