Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Christmas stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Christmas stuff

Wayyyy to early. I like Christmas, when it's over. If it wasn't so darn commercial, I would like it a lot more but people focus so much on the gifts that they forget the true meaning. I'm not surprised that they're decortating early, but not impressed either.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[MOVE]GEEZER ALERT ......GEEZER ALERT..........GEEZER ALERT[/MOVE]

I also remember when the Macey's Thanksgiving Parade signaled the start of the Christmas decorations in shops.

Dang....I must be gettin' old.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=10;threadid=5571;start=0#48788 date=1033778520]<br>I Hate Christmas.....<br>My wife is all ready for it, I'll take the day after myself.<br>[/quote]<br><br>hehehe. I'm happiest right around mid-Jan. when I finally get my bonus, and I can somewhat recover from the holiday nightmare.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:59 PM
Administrator

I take it you have a family similair to the Griswolds.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=Jack Thorpe link=board=10;threadid=5571;start=0#48792 date=1033778694]<br>
<br><br>hehehe. I'm happiest right around mid-Jan. when I finally get my bonus, and I can somewhat recover from the holiday nightmare.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You can say that again. : About mid January we get our bonus also. And this year it's getting me a new clutch, and fixing a few dents and dings in the old Dodge. <br><br>The Heck with Christmas, I'm giving Deer Summer Sausage like I did last year. Can't spend too much or the truck will have to suffer. ;D<br><br>Darrell
Old 10-05-2002, 10:06 AM

If I could go to sleep around oh say Dec 1 and wake up Jan 5 I would love christmas
Old 10-05-2002, 10:45 AM

I really don't look forward to it, but I really love to see the faces of the little ones as they are opening all those gifts from Santa, allmost makes it worthwhile, allmost.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:47 AM
Administrator

[quote author=chuck3 link=board=10;threadid=5571;start=0#48947 date=1033832748]<br> I really don't look forward to it, but I really love to see the faces of the little ones as they are opening all those gifts from Santa, allmost makes it worthwhile, allmost. <br>[/quote]<br><br>I agree with that. It is great seeing the look on their faces when opening those gifts. We try and curtail that a bit though, and we also try and teach the true meaning as much as possible by reading the bible to them etc. I think it helps them understand. The one thing I LOVE about my kids is that they love to give. That's pretty rare these days.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:52 AM

Isn't that the truth? Good for you Jack at least someone is trying. So many people just don't care anymore, I just dont understand it!
Old 10-05-2002, 11:55 AM

Our family has gotten away from the commercial aspect of Christmas. My wife and I usually make a small donation on our parents behalf, and a small ornament for the tree, usually a homemade one. Then we sign and date it, it's more special to us. Jack is right, I wish more people saw Christmas for what it is.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Myself and a few friends go downtown and give some badly needed clothing to some of the homeless folks. I also try and help with some of the local functions when I can.<br>I believe in order to keep anything, you gotta give it away too. <br><br>Not too long ago I was just too much of a bad a$$ drunk and took all I could get. Thank the guy upstairs that I had someone cross my path that I actually listened too. Otherwise there'd be no BOMB or Scotty Air or my constant reminders of how the George Foreman Grill is numero uno. <br><br>Ho Ho Ho is better then BAAAA BAAAA BAAAA LOL<br><br>As for family...uh sometimes its good...when they're gone. ;D<br>cept for my lil nieces.

Quick Reply: Christmas stuff