Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Christmas question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm here..... For now.... Trying to edit video... Doesnt look like its going to get done tonight.... I have been getting emails as recent as yesterday with pictures and have some other stuff I have to do with family and friends today....
Old 12-25-2005, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Fire and police get the glory while we do more to protect the public in one hour than they do all week".
Ok flame on.

He,he,he, my thoughts exactly. Very thankless job at times. spent a few 50+hour shifts in a 30 foot deep by 5 foot wide 110 degree tube in the ground fixing pumps so everyone could have a swell day at the beach. No brown trout on our beaches
Old 12-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by bigfoot
I’ve pulled my share of holiday shifts. I’ve got the duty this weekend (just like every weekend) so I could be called out anytime. The only good thing about having the duty is I’m also the superintendent so if something breaks down and can wait until after the holiday I have the option.

Just remember someone is always working at the water plants and the sewer plants, if we don’t do our job right somebody is going to die or at least get very sick. The way I look at it a doctor works on one patient at a time if you work in water / wastewater treatment you work on the whole population that you serve every day.
Fire and police get the glory while we do more to protect the public in one hour than they do all week.
Ok flame on.
Pretty good at stirring things... aren't ya.

Tryingtoimplysomethingdon
Old 12-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
Pretty good at stirring things... aren't ya.

Tryingtoimplysomethingdon
Somebody needs to. Not taking away from you high profile public servants but without us lowlife ditch workers, keeping the pipes fixed and the water running the FD and the PD would just be dead weight.
Now before I really tick some of you off, I know that you are wearing target on your chest and I know that it is a dangerous job. But we as utility workers face danger every day also try changing chlorine tanks out sometime or cutting roots out of a sewer line in a ditch that’s 10’ deep.
Yet for all of the work that we do, we see (on a good year) 3% while the PD and FD will see 4-5% because they are civil service and the rest of the city is not. Something is just not right with that picture. If the cost of living goes up for a fireman then it goes up for everyone else also. But city councils don’t seem to look at it that way.
The city of Dallas last year (or was it the year before) did not even give a raise to anyone but PD and FD.

OK, I’m done with my Christmas rant thanks for the use of the hall. Oh And I hope everyone has had a very good one .
Old 12-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Some of us (myself included) dont live with family, and dont live near any family.

1400 mile trip and i worked the 24th and work the 26th.. so sittin here online, and cleaning up after my pup.

Christmas dinner will consist of a bowl of Nalley chili, and Tillamook cheese.

Wash it down with some Shamrock Farms whole milk with some Nestle quick chocolate mixed in.

Doesnt get any better IMO.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:24 PM

I think we can all agree every job has its risks. But if everyone didnt do there part our streets would be full of crap and crime. Everyone doing there job is important from the truck driver, to a sewr worker or a cop or fireman. We all support famillies is one way or another.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Bob
Old 12-25-2005, 09:45 PM

Is this the Christmas Rant Thread??

Good

For at least the past 10 years, I cant get into the Christmas Spirit....I just dont care...Due to my parents divorce, my own marriage, moving away from family for a while, my job(s) and other stuff, the holidays are nothing more than a hassle to me ....

My wife made 2 stops yesterday on her own while I was at work...We made 4 stops together today.....Run run run run run run run...Cant please everyone, somebody gets left out, somebody else has their feelings hurt.... Geez

Not to mention the whole political correctness/commercialization that overcomes us during this season

Plus this year was made more difficult, as my Stepmother passed away this past October...Can't stand to see my Father cry.............

Whatever happened to eating dinner, going to bed, waking up to open presents, then vegging out for the rest of the day-at home or the grandparents house?? Guess I've just grown up....Not a kid anymore, married but no kids of my own....Maybe when I have some I'll enjoy it more....

I try, I really do. But like every year, I'm just glad it's over

Bah Humbug
Old 12-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Herrin it sounds like you need to start popping out some youngens so you can enjoy it through your children, kids make it that much more chaotic but its alot more enjoyable to watch them open the gifts.