Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chinese Youth Quads Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowhand
X2....I bought my son an E-ton mostly because of the parts availability.

s cesnick, I'd also strongly suggest that you start your girls off on something a little smaller than a 110, that's an awful lot of bike for kids that small. My 7 year old is just moving up to a 70 because though he knows the rules, he doesn't always remember to follow them. Still has more throttle than fear.....
Parts on these are not a problem at all. They have a small frame and you can control the speed to a crawl and adjust it up as their experience level comes up. Speed governer, deadman switch and a remote kill switch that these little quads come with make them pretty safe.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM

s cesnick, I'd also strongly suggest that you start your girls off on something a little smaller than a 110, that's an awful lot of bike for kids that small. My 7 year old is just moving up to a 70 because though he knows the rules, he doesn't always remember to follow them. Still has more throttle than fear.....
Well, my 5 yr. old is very big for her age, not fat just plain big and tall. I don't see where the size difference in the 70cc and 110cc is all that much. besides, you can throttle them down to a snails pace, which I plan to do.

I have looked at the 50cc and 70cc and they just seem to be a bit small.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by s cesnick
Well, my 5 yr. old is very big for her age, not fat just plain big and tall. I don't see where the size difference in the 70cc and 110cc is all that much. besides, you can throttle them down to a snails pace, which I plan to do.

I have looked at the 50cc and 70cc and they just seem to be a bit small.
Well, best of luck with that.....just two questions you need to ask yourself....

Can your 4 year old push the quad off the top of herself if it rolls over on top of her (I know, I've heard it before...they'll never ride it if I'm not watching them), and can you afford the ticket if a Ranger or other law officer sees one of your kids on a quad meant for kids 16 and older?

I know it sounds ridiculous for a machine that small, but many jurisdictions will slap you with a fat ticket for letting a child under 6 years old operate an ATV over 70cc. Same thing for letting a child under 12 operate anything over 90cc.....will your girls pass for 13?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 AM

Well, best of luck with that.....just two questions you need to ask yourself....

Can your 4 year old push the quad off the top of herself if it rolls over on top of her (I know, I've heard it before...they'll never ride it if I'm not watching them), and can you afford the ticket if a Ranger or other law officer sees one of your kids on a quad meant for kids 16 and older?

I know it sounds ridiculous for a machine that small, but many jurisdictions will slap you with a fat ticket for letting a child under 6 years old operate an ATV over 70cc. Same thing for letting a child under 12 operate anything over 90cc.....will your girls pass for 13?
I am not meaning to start anything at all...would actually like a better understanding of the laws, etc

I ride an ATV myself, but I am only 18..so no children for me. But I do know people that have their 2-5 year olds out riding around on little 3 wheelers, or quads which are over the "designated cc limit". They do not have them riding around the neighbour hood, only in their yards. So I guess my question is, can the parents be ticketed for allowing your 4 year old to be riding a 90cc quad on their own property?

And as for those little quads go, I think they are pretty good. There are quite a few fathers on the other forum I am on that have quads like that for their kids and they last them until their kids need a bigger quad. Some of the parents even get aftermarket parts for those quads and have them all modded out to go racing I say go for it, i'm sure you and your children will love it
Old 12-04-2007, 07:15 AM

This quad IS designed for small children. It has the remote start/stop, a teather switch and a throttle screw to limit speed all the way down to walking speed I don't really see a problem...

As far as the Park Ranger thing, I don't think that will be a problem either. I live on 76 acres on top of a mountain. We have the only farm on the mountain. My nearest neighbor is 3 miles away.

I appreciate your concern though. I have been riding since I was 8 yrs old and I totally understand where you are coming from. I know and have seen the consequences of not being safety minded when riding or letting kids ride. I have seen kids on quads that had no business riding such big machines. I'm talking about 8 yr. olds riding Honda Rubicons ( with no helmet I might ad ) The Parents just say, " Oh, its just a 4-wheeler, there shouldn't be any problems."

I think my girls will be just fine. They will be wearing ALL their riding gear ( helmet, chest protector, boots)

BTW< If anyone has a little girl and is thinking of buying one of these with the pink plastic you better hurry up and order it. ALOT of places are already out and some won't guarantee you will get a pink one. This site will guarantee it, and they have them in stock , for now www.usaatvs.com
Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a long responce to this but I will leave it alone for respect to the original poster. I will just say I am tired of paying through legislation for parents who make bad choices and create this bad legislation. I know my boys better than any politician and I know their riding abilities. Therefore I make the choices as to what machine is correct for them!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by DWK
I had a long responce to this but I will leave it alone for respect to the original poster. I will just say I am tired of paying through legislation for parents who make bad choices and create this bad legislation. I know my boys better than any politician and I know their riding abilities. Therefore I make the choices as to what machine is correct for them!!!!
Are you saying that this little quad, that is throttled down to 5mph, is a bad choice and I am going to sue if my girls get hurt ?

I have been riding since I was a small boy. I have been racing offroad on various dirt bikes for the past 23 years. I have been hurt many times on and off the track. I have never, ever even thought of slapping a law suit on anyone or any track owner. Even when the track owners wife pulled out on the track on her utility quad and I broad sided her at about 40 MPH. Could I have sued her? Most likely, but I know the risks of the sport and fully accept them.
I can assure you that IF my girls do somehow get hurt on this machine it will not be the machines fault. I don't see that happening at 5 mph though.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s cesnick
Are you saying that this little quad, that is throttled down to 5mph, is a bad choice and I am going to sue if my girls get hurt ?

I have been riding since I was a small boy. I have been racing offroad on various dirt bikes for the past 23 years. I have been hurt many times on and off the track. I have never, ever even thought of slapping a law suit on anyone or any track owner. Even when the track owners wife pulled out on the track on her utility quad and I broad sided her at about 40 MPH. Could I have sued her? Most likely, but I know the risks of the sport and fully accept them.
I can assure you that IF my girls do somehow get hurt on this machine it will not be the machines fault. I don't see that happening at 5 mph though.
Not at all, sorry it appeared that way. I am just the oppsite, which most don't seem to be. I usually end up defending my allowing them to ride the bikes they do, even though they both have been riding real quads on their own since 3 yrs old.
At this time both of my boys have and ride quads that are (according to manufactures) way to big for them. They started on the little 50cc quads and have ridden thousands of miles and progressed to much larger quads. They have enough seat time and the watchful eye of a paranoid dad to keep them as safe as possible on the quads they ride.
My oldest sone rides a lifted Kodiak 450 on Outlaws, snorkles, pipe, cam etc... He is fearce in a mud pit and usualy rides around most adluts stuck in the wost holes. It helps that he floats on it and therfore stays on top.
My youngest just moved up to a Arctic cat 250 4x4, lifted, Vampires, snorkles etc.... He is coming along in his mud riding skills.
Both boys quads were bought with frame size in mind so i was sure they could reach all of the controlls and correctly operate them. Not by manufactures guides.

We ride lots of parks and events and I have never even remotely considered a lawsuit or anything of that nature if something were to occur. I understand the inherant dangers with these things and assume the risk associated with them. If the park or area is too bad, they don't ride. And if they do ride its with all their gear. If they so much as move one inch without it, they lose the bike for a min of a month.
Last week i saw 3 kids, oldest was maybe 8 yrs old on a Brute Force 750. No helmets, no parents or adults in sight. I wanted to stop them and take the keys to hopefully prevent a tragic event before it occured but I knew I would end up in a fight for doing it, so I just said a prayer and drove away. (this is where bad legislation comes from)
BTW flame suit on: my boys are 8 and 11yrs old.
Anyways sorry for the long post and the misunderstanding.
I hope you get the little quad and spend some quality time with the kids on it. It has really been a great outlet for my family.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

I know the Kazuma is a pretty decent machine. I messed up and got the boy a Hensim 70cc. The atv is marginal quality, as to be expected for something so cheap. About 3 months ago, the axle lock nuts that hold the rotor assembly on the shaft came loose and a brake pad fell out. Ok, no big deal, he stopped when he heard the brakes squealing so the rotor was good. Called and they said to wait 2-3 weeks for arrival. Waited 4 weeks and called. They had no record of my order. Reordered and waited another 4 weeks. I called and got to the owner of the importer. He pulled the brakes off of a floor model and sent to me. Waited another 2 weeks and they were the wrong brakes. E-mailed pics of the pads to them because they said there was only 1 set of pads. Turns out they dont make the style of pads anymore. I just got it in April 07. Had to call after another week of no contact and they said they sent me the right set this time. It has been 1 1/2 weeks and no brakes.

Stay away from County Imports in California and Hensim products!!

Maybe in another 3 months I will have a barely used 70cc ATV for sale, if you have any you hate and would like to make angry