Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chinese Youth Quads Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinese Youth Quads Any Suggestions?

Well, first off, I know I should be buying a name brand quad but for $500 i figure my 2 girls ( 4 and 5 yrs old) can learn how to ride first on this and then I will upgrade them to a "real" quad.

Anyhoo, I have been reserching these little jokers for about 2 months now and I think I am going to order the Hawk 110 DLX from here: http://www.budgetatvs.com/category.cfm?category=atvs

Has anyone had any dealings with this company or better yet, does anyone own a Hawk 110 DLX? is so, could you please give me the pros and cons... Thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 PM

I don't see any reason to not start with them. The cost of name brand ones is insane.

If you buy one keep us (me) posted. I too want to pick up some entry level quads for my boys and these look just right. Heck, a guy could buy 2 or 3 from the price of the name brands.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:18 PM

bought a used one a year ago with no problems other than teh carb needed fixed and tuned but there is a site to order a new one for $65.00 i'll look for it at home tomorrow and post it. but we are ready to sell it in 08 and it should bring close to what i paid for it.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by kinser5mfan
bought a used one a year ago with no problems other than teh carb needed fixed and tuned but there is a site to order a new one for $65.00 i'll look for it at home tomorrow and post it. but we are ready to sell it in 08 and it should bring close to what i paid for it.
Which one did you buy? As in what manufacturer?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Chapter President

My neighbor got one similar to that, about 550 shipped to his house. his kids have ridden the living crap out of it for two years now. Electric start and the works. At least for the price, you can see if it will be worth getting a better one for them in the future.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a 50cc for my 1st son,4yrs ago and since my 2nd boy had it and my daughter will take over soon.My boys beat the p**s outta this thing and it needs a little carb work but she will bet her share of use from it I'm sure.And it was about $1500 cheaper than a known brand.I'm sure when shes done with it there won't be much left for resale but I don't care.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM

http://www.rightwayatv.com/category.cfm?category=ATVs
I bought one for my daughter from here./\ The quality is not the same as Japanese, but they are not bad. My little girl loves hers and it is holding up well. I bought the regular hawk with 16" tires. The suspension doesn't have much travel. The will turn over in a real tight turn when going at a higher speed.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 AM

hope this link works i'm not good at it but you can basicly get anything for these easier and faster than going to the nearest yamaha dealer 42 miles away for warrior parts.

http://www.scootersworld.com/rm150atpart.html
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by s cesnick
Well, first off, I know I should be buying a name brand quad but for $500 i figure my 2 girls ( 4 and 5 yrs old) can learn how to ride first on this and then I will upgrade them to a "real" quad.

Anyhoo, I have been reserching these little jokers for about 2 months now and I think I am going to order the Hawk 110 DLX from here: http://www.budgetatvs.com/category.cfm?category=atvs

Has anyone had any dealings with this company or better yet, does anyone own a Hawk 110 DLX? is so, could you please give me the pros and cons... Thanks.
We bought one for a 5th birthday present. Very similar, but not sure it was a Hawk - bought it local. I will say that for the money it is a good starter quad. But, quality is a bit lacking as expected. Be sure to do a once over when you receive before the first ride. Make sure all bolts and screws are tight - sometimes they arent assembled very well. The battery on ours wont hold charge anymore.. so we will be getting a better battery. Our has already been wrecked into a house and flipped on the street and is still running well. Suspension doesnt travel much as someone else stated. Be careful riding this on pavement - I actually recommend not... very squirly and unsafe feeling. Overall - I would say go for it - good buy for the price and gets the kids familar with riding one.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Thanks for all the feedback and especially the link from Kelly15, That is the exact same quad as the one on the link I provided but for some reason that link also offers a 12 month warranty. SO, I will be ordering it from www.rightwayatv.com. Thanks for the tips...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by kelley15
http://www.rightwayatv.com/category.cfm?category=ATVs
I bought one for my daughter from here./\ The quality is not the same as Japanese, but they are not bad. My little girl loves hers and it is holding up well. I bought the regular hawk with 16" tires. The suspension doesn't have much travel. The will turn over in a real tight turn when going at a higher speed.
Way back when there first started being a controversy over ATV safety I was trained by SVIA as an ATV instructor . Kids really need to be trained on these things . Distributing your weight in turns and going up or down hills will prevent tipping . These things have a solid drive axle and should not be driven on pavement . Safety "experts " do more harm than good . In the 80's they banned production of ATV's designed for children under 12 . I did extensive research on injuries and serious injuries on the 50cc models that got banned were nonexistent except for collisions . Banning them just caused more injuries because younger kids just moved up to machines that were too large for them . http://www.atvsafety.org/
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM

RickG,

You are right. When I was a kid three wheelers were all the rage. I had a Honda 250R when I was 13 yrs. old. I raced it and understood the physics required to ride a three wheeler. That is when my modest racing career began and i have been racing every since. But, ALOT of people thought that since they had three wheels they were alot safer than dirt bikes. WRONG !! They quickly figured out this was not the case and the law suits quickly followed.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I own or have owned almost every name brand quad out there and my boys Kazuma 110 has held up better than most of mine. lol The boys have both since moved on to bigger bikes but zoom as they named it still fires right up and runs great.
The best advice I can give on these things is to research the parts avaiablity. Trust me on this, they all break sooner or later. I went with Kazuma because of this and have found parts at www.goscoot.com as well as Kazuma. com
Never really needed much in the way of parts though. They have crashed, sunk (before snorkles lol) ,flipped and just beat on this thing and it keeps on going.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Does anybody remember the 60 minutes show about the dangerous ATV's ? A family showed a 150cc an under 10 year old was on when he crashed - carrying full gas cans ! . A recent "USA Today" article mentioned injuries to a 2 year old ! . Proper training is required with any sport whether it is ATV riding , hunting , skiing , whatever . With proper training and responsible supervision ATV riding is no more dangerous than any other sport .
Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by DWK
The best advice I can give on these things is to research the parts avaiablity. Trust me on this, they all break sooner or later.
X2....I bought my son an E-ton mostly because of the parts availability.

s cesnick, I'd also strongly suggest that you start your girls off on something a little smaller than a 110, that's an awful lot of bike for kids that small. My 7 year old is just moving up to a 70 because though he knows the rules, he doesn't always remember to follow them. Still has more throttle than fear.....

Quick Reply: Chinese Youth Quads Any Suggestions?