Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=Shorts;3231594][QUOTE=chaikwa;3231591]II was SO excited until I expanded the thumbnails and actually saw what this 'rack' is. I was thinking rack of ribs, not torture rack!
As for the muscle-y guy, I guess I could come sit of the bench so you could take a picture. I'll be down there the 1st week of May, so it won't inconvenience me in the least!

Oh yeah, just what you need!

Bring your sunscreen

Actually the bags under my eyes could use a little dab.
I put some of Bobby's prep H on the donuts. Now they're dinner buns.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Same pose, same hair style, same location, exactly six years to the day apart....

I think I may have gotten even better looking......

Posted this same thing on FB and when THE BOSS saw it, she started laughing so hard, she had tears running down her cheeks and couldnt breath...

wonder what that meant???
Well, as one ages we get shorter.
The safety glass pattern is the same as the stuff used when my Elder Twin had an emotional set back. Nobody told him he shouldn't pull his track pants down wherever and whenever but his doctor felt he needed a rest at the 'sanctuary' up on the hill.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well talking about docs finding something it took 4 different doctors 3 of them were podiatrist to find a Bone spur on the back of my left heel that's been causing all my problems.

It's only been brothering me sence last June. So now. I'm on the list of a surgical date to get it removed the hole in the tendon repaired and 8 to 10 weeks on chruthes.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Well, as one ages we get shorter.
The safety glass pattern is the same as the stuff used when my Elder Twin had an emotional set back. Nobody told him he shouldn't pull his track pants down wherever and whenever but his doctor felt he needed a rest at the 'sanctuary' up on the hill.
we call that 'prison'.....

shorts, get a pic of chiakwa for motivationthe chaotic laughter will help the healing

I'll tell the docs HI from fiverboboflowerboy...
Attached Thumbnails The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5-husky-scared.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I replaced the cat litter with pop rocks....... Now we wait .......

Edit: I know, there's something inherently wrong with me, but the doc say I'm not a danger to others......
Old 04-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What the hell do those doctors know anywho?... he swore I would not feel like carving anybody up with a chainsaw again....but I am sitting here now running a file through it and having all those old images running around in my head

Just have to keep repeating....serenity now.........serenity now.........serenity now.........serenity now.....
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Edit: I know, there's something inherently wrong with me, but the doc say I'm not a danger to others......
Obviously the doc hasn't seen your prison pho... uh, I mean, your recent photo.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Admin Team Leader

Nah.....I would only be concerned if you didn't have that big ear to ear smile on your face ...the ones you have to worry about are those that keep a stoic expression on their face.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Nah.....I would only be concerned if you didn't have that big ear to ear smile on your face ...the ones you have to worry about are those that keep a stoic expression on their face.
Wel, normally I'm not grinning like that. I was smiling so hard I think my cheeks cracked. I prefer to try and look a bit more serious, but Diane thought I should smile
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I put some of Bobby's prep H on the donuts. Now they're dinner buns.
What am I going to do with you? I tell you and tell you and you just keep ignoring me. Prep H is not for the donuts - - it is for chapped lips. .........

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Yeh, they all know me now. I have been living in the hospital so many friends are in there. Hope it is not contagious. ............

Just have to keep repeating....serenity now.........serenity now.........serenity now.........serenity now.....
Uhh, now Lary - - here, sit down - - take a deep breath - - ok let it out - - another one in - - deep - - - let it out. Say "everything is going to be fine." Keep repeating. The little white men in the coats will be there shortly - - you just stay calm. .............

Just came in from a day in the yard - - - wow my back hurts, my fingers hurt, my LEGG hurts - - love spring but not the work in the yard that goes with it. Maybe need to have some young squirt do it for me.

Need ph00 - - - need rest - - - need TLC - - - need that Prep H - - HEY LEGGS, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT??? BRING IT BACK.

OK, me gone,

TiredBob
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Bark - - I like the president thingy -
Took me awhile to notice the figure falling off the top "have a nice trip" (still cracks me up)

Originally Posted by Shorts
Come on Pup Pup, let's go to the park.
Dang it Shorts...you had to remind me.
Having a dog means never being bored or alone.

The safety glass pattern is the same as the stuff used when my Elder Twin had an emotional set back.
I knew it was security glass. Wonder how much it "costs" to get a picture taken in the slammer nowadays. Have to ask Chris I guess.

I don't know. The DTR member pics I have seen that have smiles on them belong to people with serious issues (Heidi is a good example).

Getting stuff ready to escape this place. Dang it, noticed rain with 80% precipitation in Seattle for Friday. Oh well, it will be in the 80's when I hit CA.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

need that Prep H - - HEY LEGGS, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT??? BRING IT BACK.

TiredBob
Bob, check the Executive washroom...we ran out of toothpaste and I saw Scotty take it that direction after lunch.....you know come to think of it, he has been walking around all puckered up like he bit into a sour lemon ever since
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Top's Younger Twin

What the hell do those doctors know anywho?... he swore I would not feel like carving anybody up with a chainsaw again....but I am sitting here now running a file through it and having all those old images running around in my head

At least one of us is always on the loose.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Bob, glad the dentist visit went well.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
we call that 'prison'.....

shorts, get a pic of chiakwa for motivationthe chaotic laughter will help the healing

That's great pic!

Originally Posted by Bark
Dang it Shorts...you had to remind me.
Having a dog means never being bored or alone.
That is for sure. Especially the alone part.
I've been doing work around the house and the work is good. But when that is done and it is time to come inside, I still feel the feeling that I'm going in to see him. And it hurts all over again remembering, and it feels all wrong that he's not here. Just came in from the garage and it hit. I'm feeling better, not so raw. But it doesn't go away.

Well progress on the weight machine. Smith is up and running, the lat & low row attachment are up. All that's left is the bench, leg attachment and get the plates stacked. So, almost ready for a workout
Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The little white men in the coats will be there shortly
'Little white men'? Something just sounds wrong with that!

Morning all.

It is Thursday, April 3rd.

1776 - George Washington received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Harvard College .

1829 - James Carrington patented the coffee mill.

1860 - The first Pony Express riders left St. Joseph, MO and Sacramento, CA. The trip across country took about 10 days. The Pony Express only lasted about a year and a half.

1865 - Union forces occupy Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia.

1882 - The American outlaw Jesse James was shot in the back and killed by Robert Ford for a $5,000 reward. There was later controversy over whether it was actually Jesse James that had been killed.

1910 - Alaska's Mt. McKinley, the highest mountain in North America was climbed.

1933 - First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt informed newspaper reporters that beer would be served at the White House. This followed the March 22 legislation that legalized "3.2" beer.

1936 - Richard Bruno Hauptmann was executed for the kidnapping and death of the son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh.

1942 - The Japanese began their all-out assault on the U.S. and Filipino troops at Bataan.

1946 - Lt. General Masaharu Homma, the Japanese commander responsible for the Bataan Death March, was executed in the Philippines.

1948 - U.S. President Harry Truman signed the Marshall Plan to revive war-torn Europe. It was $5 billion in aid for 16 countries.

1967 - The U.S. State Department said that Hanoi might be brainwashing American prisoners.

1968 - Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "mountaintop" speech just 24 hours before he was assassinated.

1968 - North Vietnam agreed to meet with U.S. representatives to set up preliminary peace talks.

1983 - It was reported that Vietnamese occupation forces had overrun a key insurgent base in western Cambodia.

1986 - The U.S. national debt hit $2 trillion.

1996 - Unabomber suspect Theodore Kaczynski was arrested. He pled guilty in January 1998 to five Unabomber attacks in exchange for a life sentence without chance for parole.

1998 - The Dow Jones industrial average climbed above 9,000 for the first time.

2000 - A U.S. federal judge ruled that Microsoft had violated U.S. antitrust laws by keeping "an oppressive thumb" on its competitors. Microsoft said that they would appeal the ruling.

2000 - The Nasdaq set a one-day record when it lost 349.15 points to close at 4,233.68.

2010 - The Wi-Fi version of the Apple iPad went on sale.

Today's thought:
Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

Quick Reply: The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5