Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Shorts, best offer all day! Too many years of fixing jets, waterskiing, fishing, yada yada....

1/2 Norski, so my summer colors are red, peeling, or fish belly white. Now for the past 3 years or so, Melanoma has been cropping up. This is the third time. Funny side of it, I used to ear mark my calves when I was younger with a notch in the top of the right ear. I got the exact same thing for the first surgery. City slicker of a doctor didn't see the humor in it when I said "wow, karma's a b....."
Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!

Operation ! I can handle it
I spent years as a meat cutter
OH & I SPENT LAST NIGNT AT THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!

CLAUDE
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has been stuck in my head all day! then its playing on the radio when I get in the truck to head home....

Good message, great musician and it resounds for some reason today...

Heres one of my favorite memories of Greta:

Name:  IMG_9749.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  49.9 KB
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Same pose, same hair style, same location, exactly six years to the day apart....

I think I may have gotten even better looking......

Posted this same thing on FB and when THE BOSS saw it, she started laughing so hard, she had tears running down her cheeks and couldnt breath...

wonder what that meant???
Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Sherod, Docs have no sense of humor

Bark, potatoes? lol

This afternoon our new half rack/smith machine was delivered. 1300lbs of parts. This evening we got the frame put together. A couple more evenings and we ought to be up an running. Still haven't found the box that contains the muscley guy yet.
Attached Thumbnails The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5-smith-boxes.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Evening all (Hey Claude),
Chrisreyn
The second pic looks like you are behind security glass.
A few years back my Dad, Mom and her Sister were in Jamaica. They took a tour that included a trip to Marley's house.
They didn't know who Bob Marley was but enjoyed the tour. They had tipped the tour guide and he gave my Moms Sister a few joints.
For old folks fun, they showed other people at their hotel the joints up until a policeman informed them that Marijuana is not legal in Jamaica.

Short: 1300lbs. That's a lot. Can your floor hold it?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:57 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Saw this on another site:

Air Force General: "Mr. President, we've just invented an invisibility cloak for Air Force One."

Obama: "No kidding?"

General: "That's right, sir. Will you be going along on its maiden flight?"

Obama: "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

General: "Have a good trip, sir..."

Name:  AirForceOne1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  54.0 KB

Not bashing Obama its just that he is president at the moment. Really, could have been anyone.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all, coffee, ph00 and hot tea are ready for your consumption. No sprinkles though, didn't have time - - could put some fertilizer or mulch on the counter instead - - - uuuhhhh, no, don't think so.

Bark - - I like the president thingy - - hopefully that plane would then make him invisible and unable to speak. Yeh, that would help a lot.

OK, breaky and out in the yard to plant some more, prune, fertilize, pull weeds, put down mulch, get sore, scrape my arms all up - - it's so much fun. Looks nice when done, though.

Ph00......................................

Have a gudurn,
Bob
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Posted this same thing on FB and when THE BOSS saw it, she started laughing so hard, she had tears running down her cheeks and couldnt breath... wonder what that meant???
It means that picture made her reflect back on her life and it made her realize how hopeless you are, and really, what more could anyone do but laugh at the situation. Crying might be more appropriate, but it wouldn't make her feel any better. And it's quite possible that she's starting to go slightly insane, and laughter in the face of hopelessness is the hallmark of insanity. Hide the guns and get rid of all sharp objects!

Originally Posted by Shorts
This afternoon our new half rack/smith machine was delivered.
I was SO excited until I expanded the thumbnails and actually saw what this 'rack' is. I was thinking rack of ribs, not torture rack!
As for the muscle-y guy, I guess I could come sit on the bench so you could take a picture. I'll be down there the 1st week of May, so it won't inconvenience me in the least!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, breaky and out in the yard to plant some more prunes...
Oh yeah, just what you need!

Morning all.

It is Wednesday, April 2nd.

1513 - Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon sighted Florida. The next day he went ashore. The day after that, old people started retiring there!

1865 - Confederate President Davis and most of his Cabinet fled the Confederate capital of Richmond, VA.

1877 - The first Egg Roll was held on the grounds of the White House in Washington, DC.

1889 - Charles Hall patented aluminum.

1910 - Karl Harris perfected the process for the artificial synthesis of rubber.

1917 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson presented a declaration of war against Germany to the U.S. Congress.

1932 - A $50,000 ransom was paid for the infant son of Charles and Anna Lindbergh. He child was not returned and was found dead the next month.

1935 - Sir Watson-Watt was granted a patent for RADAR.

1944 - The Soviet Union announced that its troops had crossed the Prut River and entered Romania.

1951 - U.S. General Dwight Eisenhower assumed command of all allied forces in the Western Mediterranean area and Europe.

1958 - The National Advisory Council on Aeronautics was renamed NASA.

1963 - Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King began the first non-violent campaign in Birmingham, AL.

1966 - South Vietnamese troops joined in demonstrations at Hue and Da Nang for an end to military rule.

1986 - On a TWA airliner flying from Rome to Athens a bomb exploded under a seat killing four Americans.

1987 - The speed limit on U.S. interstate highways was increased to 65 miles per hour in limited areas.

1992 - Mob boss John Gotti was convicted in New York of murder and racketeering. He was later sentenced to life in prison.

1996 - Lech Walesa resumed his old job as an electrician at the Gdansk shipyard. He was the former Solidarity union leader who became Poland's first post-war democratic president.

Today's thought:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I can tell B0b made the c0ffee this morning, it smells like preparation H.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 AM

Morning.

Bark, we're setting it up in the garage. If the poured floor in there don't hold it, we are in trouble We layed down some rubber tiles tiles. Should make it feel nice and cushy when pumping iron.

Come on Pup Pup, let's go to the park.
Attached Thumbnails The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5-1whidbey-chester-23wks-down.jpg   The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5-1whidbey-fieldtrip8.jpg   The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5-chester-dp-w-truck.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Come on Pup Pup, let's go to the park.
What a handsome boy! He's making the girl dogs swoon up at the bridge, you know that, right?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=chaikwa;3231591]II was SO excited until I expanded the thumbnails and actually saw what this 'rack' is. I was thinking rack of ribs, not torture rack!
As for the muscle-y guy, I guess I could come sit of the bench so you could take a picture. I'll be down there the 1st week of May, so it won't inconvenience me in the least!

Oh yeah, just what you need!
[quote]

Bring your sunscreen

I can tell B0b made the c0ffee this morning, it smells like preparation H.
Actually the bags under my eyes could use a little dab.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
What a handsome boy! He's making the girl dogs swoon up at the bridge, you know that, right?

Oh I can see his moves now I hope the girls aren't being to hard on him, he's a good boy with a kind heart.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM

Aw, my tomato plants are doing pretty poor. But the zucchinis are doing great, if I can figure out what inset is laying eggs and making all these holes in the leaves The upside is I'll be pollinating them soon. Males flowers are all over the place. Waiting for the ladies to show up.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn

Heres one of my favorite memories of Greta:

Aw Chris, that is beautiful. I sure hope that's one you have that print framed real big in the living room for everybody to see.

Quick Reply: The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5