Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:33 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott HAPPY HAPPY - HAVE A GOOD-ONE BUDDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claude
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Pass the toothpicks. Get a Legg up on the world today.

Lary, its showtime!

Allturd phoo goo fore! Olive ewe.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all, grabbing my ph00 and heading for the yard to work. Lots to do out there.

Originally Posted by jhenson
Shorts, I definitely know how you're feeling. June 19th of last year "I" had to put down one of our dogs. By far the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
Justin, I'm with you there. In fact, I have never put down one of our pets. Not a one of the big "me man" ones of us in the house could do it. My sweet gentle loving wife is the one that had to do it. We can go hunting, put away a deer, gator, hog, pheasant, duck, goose - - you name it, and enjoy the thrill of the hunt knowing it is going on our table for food. Take out our pet - - no way, Jose. Mama had to do it. We hear about it every so often when we get to bragging a bit about "I did this, or I did that." Yeh, well you bunch of wimps can't even have the cat put to sleep.

OK, off to work - - refill ...............
Bob
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Morning all...
Shorts, it's still so close to losing Greta, that I truly feel your pain. I'm still expecting to see her when I turn around... They become such a part of us. Diane and I will be sending prayers.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Awhile back I inherited a rescue cat that could barely walk. It wasn't a good time to have a pet either. Traveling too much.
I kept avoiding the inevitable but as time went by the cat became more mobile and wasn't a problem in a vehicle like most cats.
Chunk lived well past her 9 lives.

Lary met Chunk in Vegas.

Anyone I've known that disliked cats accepted Chunk.

I still get this dream of her staring me in the face less then an inch away. That's what she did when if was food time.
Her LEGGS were in worse shape then mine or Lary's.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hello from the land of screwy weather not to be confused of barks sherewy weather yesterday snow didn't get out of the low 30s. Today it's already 47 heading to 60. Everyone's Gona have pnenoia before warm weather get her to stay.

I'm Gona clean out the coffee pot and make some fresh before this kills us pot kills us all. I know a little dirt don't hurt but when the pot starts giving orders and SMGs get worried it time to clean it
Old 03-31-2014, 09:48 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Oh and btw:
happy Buryhday to Scott, happy birthday to Scott,
Happy birthday oh bearded one ,
Happy Burthday to Scott!

I hear that for your birthday, Larry is gonna get ya a new brush so ya wont have to use yer toothbrush for cleaning the toliet anymore
Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Awhile back I inherited a rescue cat that could barely walk. It wasn't a good time to have a pet either. Traveling too much.
I kept avoiding the inevitable but as time went by the cat became more mobile and wasn't a problem in a vehicle like most cats.
Chunk lived well past her 9 lives.

Lary met Chunk in Vegas.

Anyone I've known that disliked cats accepted Chunk.

I still get this dream of her staring me in the face less then an inch away. That's what she did when if was food time.
Her LEGGS were in worse shape then mine or Lary's.
Chunk was a good cat, I would leave my motel room door open so I could keep an eye on her when she went outside Scotty's room...I was worried that with her being less mobile she was easy prey for a roaming dog so when I saw her I would go with her.

She would leave Scotty's room then come over to mine to visit for awhile, then head back to see what Scotty and his lovely wife were doing next door.... I think she was checking to see who had free handouts...naturally I never gave her anything
Old 03-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Happy Birthday Scott!

I gathered a bunch of folks from the break room to sing you a Happy Birthday song...hope you like it!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:52 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the heck was that!!!

Originally Posted by Shorts
Will you be this sad when I die?" I told him we'll see
That's exactly what happened to me and it was in the garage too! (we were storing some of the dogs stuff like he was just gone to college or something).
Seems like we have a different kind of love when it comes to Dogs (and for some, other critters too).
Guess it comes from them trusting us without question and not making fun of us when they see us naked.

Finally getting ready for a trip South. Better late than never.

Happy Birthday again to Scott. Why don't you and Heidi just celebrate on the same day. It would save some electricity.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Bark
What the heck was that!!!
Ummmmm good old fashioned harmony?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Happy Birthday Scott!

Bark, that's funny yall had the same conversation. I haven't put away Chester's stuff yet. DH suggested it a few times already but I'm not ready. Maybe after he's home I'll see how it feels.

Working on photos today. After I get them edited down I'll post some up. Yall won't believe how my big svelte Chester was once a rolie polie sausage

If you've got photos of a pet who's impacted your life, I'd love to see him or her. Tell me some stories.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the words of comfort.
I just wish we could offer more. I've never lost a kid, but I have a small idea what that may be like. I don't think there's anything anyone can say that eases the pain. Maybe there's some comfort in knowing other people understand. I certainly do. I tear up every time I think about this.

Originally Posted by old dog
Scott HAPPY HAPPY - HAVE A GOOD-ONE BUDDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Claude!

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Oh and btw:
happy Buryhday to Scott, happy birthday to Scott,
Happy birthday oh bearded one ,
Happy Burthday to Scott!

I hear that for your birthday, Larry is gonna get ya a new brush so ya wont have to use yer toothbrush for cleaning the toliet anymore
That's not necessary. I use yours. But thanks for the birthday wishes!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Happy Birthday Scott!

I gathered a bunch of folks from the break room to sing you a Happy Birthday song...hope you like it!
Aw shucks, ya shouldn't have. REALLY, you shouldn't have! I'm gonna have nightmares about singing fingers now.

Originally Posted by Bark
Happy Birthday again to Scott. Why don't you and Heidi just celebrate on the same day. It would save some electricity.
Thanks Bark! We would except I don't think the world is ready for that yet.

Happy Birthday Scott!
Thanks M!

If you've got photos of a pet who's impacted your life, I'd love to see him or her. Tell me some stories.
I would but I can't get thru your posts without getting a wet face. I think it has to do with the unconditional, unquestioning love they give us. The innocence. The faithfulness. They give so much and ask for nothing. How can you beat that?

Afternoon all. I got about 10 cords all decked and ready for the processor this afternoon. Only thing stopping me is the fact that there's about 3 feet of mud everywhere. The 'ol JCB with it's 18" tires doesn't like that. I don't think a skidder would like it either unless it had a full set of ring chains. Dunno if a regular 4X4 tractor would do any better but I'm betting not unless it too had a full set of chains. I'd like to get something besides the JCB to log with but can't justify a skidder because all it will do is skid logs. I could get a 4X4 tractor, and that would allow for other uses like brush hogging, but would that be any better than the JCB? Ring chains cost more than a full set of tires now too. When I was logging full time I had a nice Cat skidder. That thing would go thru 5' of mud and come out laughing, but I bet Michael would take a dim view of my spending $300,000 to get firewood! Decisions, decisions.!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa

Aw shucks, ya shouldn't have. REALLY, you shouldn't have! I'm gonna have nightmares about singing fingers now.
Ummmmm actually those are hands (fingers are under the hats)...

I considered giving you the finger for your birthday but being the polite, respectable individual I am...I opted for hands instead
Old 03-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Ummmmm actually those are hands (fingers are under the hats)...

I considered giving you the finger for your birthday but being the polite, respectable individual I am...I opted for hands instead
Remind me to never ask you for a hand again!

Quick Reply: The Chester Shorts Memorial Breakroom - 3/30 - 4/5