Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cell Phones , What Kind ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cell Phones , What Kind ?

I've been using Cingular for about 10 years now. Now I'm having alot of trouble out of their service. I'm thinking of going to Nextel, is anybody using thie service and how do you like it.<br>Or any other good deals out there ?<br><br>Nextel has a deal this month $39.99 , 450 mins.- unlimited nights and weekends - unlimited 2 way - voice mail - caller id<br><br>Any input would be great<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 11-13-2002, 08:13 PM
DPG

Re:Cell Phones , What Kind ?

I just switched from Cellular One to AllTel. I have been happy with their service so far. Good rates, and the whole state and part of Wisconsin are &quot;home areas,&quot; with no roaming or long distance. My phone is 39.95 for 600 minutes, and my wife and daughter each have a phone on my service for 15.00 each per month. Nextel doesn't have much service in our area.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:14 PM

I was just gonna put in nextel! they have great service &amp; that's an awesome plan! <br>I would go with it!<br><br>DRecu!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:19 PM

I forgot in the same plan you get nationwide long distance.<br>And you can call from any where in the US noy just your home area like it is with my Cingular.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 11-13-2002, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been real satisfied with Nextel. I do pay more than the basic service but it does what I need. My package is 79.95 monthly. I have free incoming, free long distance, unlimited two way, free nights and weekends, caller ID, and basic internet. I only have 400 minutes but have never gone over it because of the other perks. It is nice getting the weather and news at any time from the internet.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Nextel through work, and the coverage is the real problem. Unless you're in or near a major city, forget it. It's not a real cell phone; in other words, there's no way to roam on someone else's network.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:35 PM

I use Verizon, the only place so far I don't have coverage is at the parking lot at the college my son attends in NC. Cost me $40 per month including all of the stupid little taxes that are included. 3500 mins/month
Old 11-13-2002, 10:12 PM

I have Sprint PCS. It seems to work ok but where I live the service is marginal. 300 mins. a month to anywhere for $29.99.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:08 AM

Another vote for Nextel. I've been using mine for almost a year now all over KY with no problems. I even have better signal at my house than I did with Cingular. There are some dead spots though, but you have to get off the interstate pretty far to notice. I actually used mine in Frankfort not to long ago.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:10 AM

I use Verizon Wireless. I have the East Coast One Rate Plan. I got a number where my kids live in NJ so when they call me in MA, it's a local call for them. Doesn't matter where I call or answer from with the plan. Works great.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:51 AM

I have had Alltel and now SprintPCS. All of the systems are getting better as more towers come online. Nextel is marginal outside of metropolitan areas but works well enough. Sprint was (is?) running a special - 300 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends for $30/month.<br><br>Because of where I work I get a 25% rate discount so it was cheaper for me to get two separate phones than add a second phone to my first plan. Now that the new phones are here I can finally get signal in my livingroom instead of having to stand outside in front yard to be able to talk.<br><br>Heck of a lot of choices to wade through......
Old 11-14-2002, 09:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

800 min...anytime anywhere...incoming and outgoing with voice mail, caller ID and call waiting. $100.00/mo canuk or about 60.00 USD...never had a problem with service areas either. Sometimes I think the actual phone can limit the service area.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 AM

Verizon....no problems with service or range
Old 11-14-2002, 09:28 AM

CellularOne here. Anywhere in the U.S., no roaming, no long distance. Only 200 minutes per month though , for $39.99 +tax. Employer pays for it, so can't complain. Wife has U.S. Cellular, 5 state calling area, 200 anytime minutes, 700 nights/weekends, for $29.95 +tax. Daughter has TracFone prepaid cellular service. Minutes are higher, but it's mainly for emergency use and you don't lose the minutes if you don't use them.<br><br>BTW, laws are being passed in many areas prohibiting cell phone use while driving, unless you use handsfree cell phone equipment. There is a new inexpensive handsfree adapter out that should be in Wal-Mart, Staples, Office Depot, and most other stores by now. I am attaching a pic.<br><br>CR

Quick Reply: Cell Phones , What Kind ?