Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cell phones

I need a new phone, was wondering what everyone has and if they like it. All I want in a phone is a camera and blue tooth.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 PM

I will tell you what I don't like. A Nokia 6103, what a piece of crap. I allways loved my Nokia phones, but that one was junk. Three phones later I got a Nokia 6085, I still don't like it alot but it is better than the 6103.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:08 PM

I don't know much about specific phones, but I'm surprised you don't want a phone that gets good reception and sounds clear. Seems to be the trend these days that phones do more things but aren't very good at making calls.

For people that want good phones, look for a flip phone with a pull out antenna. Also the bigger ones seem to be easier to hold and usually are more durable and get better reception. Phones with a built-in antenna get the worst reception and often loose a call when you put it to your ear.

My dream phone: Big flip phone with pull out antenna and a black/white screen. Color screens require back lighting while black/white screens do not.

I've been very impressed with the Motorolla flip phones. I had one survive hitting the road at 100mph and also being submerged in a river.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like my Moto RAZR better than ahy phone I've ever had it gets better reception than any of my nokias ever did. Its got a camera I have never used and the Bluetooth works great I have a parrot handsfree kit. I have no complaints except for the initial price. If you get one give the extra $$ money for the insurance.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 PM

i have the krazor. blue tooth. speaker, mp3, one touch voice dial--handy while driving
Old 06-19-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
I like my Moto RAZR better than ahy phone I've ever had it gets better reception than any of my nokias ever did. Its got a camera I have never used and the Bluetooth works great I have a parrot handsfree kit. I have no complaints except for the initial price. If you get one give the extra $$ money for the insurance.
I liked the razor, I was looking at it before. They have discontined it at least here anyway and are coming put with the krazor. But I broke the antenna off and part of the phone so I dont know if I can wait till the krazor gets here. So looking at other phones. want one that sounds clear , good reception , camera and blue tooth.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 PM

ive had a couple samsung flip phones that work pretty good i never had the best luck with my motorola phones i had they would always seem to quit working good there batteries never seem to last long and the phone would always think it was still open after i flipped it shut.but the samsung ones eem to last alot better to me anyways
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lary was nice enough to get all of the DTR staff cell phones.
They work great....

... keeping our trucks from rolling down hill.

Rich.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

my buddy just got a helio and that thing is flippin sweet

brett
Old 06-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by doorguy
I liked the razor, I was looking at it before. They have discontined it at least here anyway and are coming put with the krazor. But I broke the antenna off and part of the phone so I dont know if I can wait till the krazor gets here. So looking at other phones. want one that sounds clear , good reception , camera and blue tooth.

Isnt that the way it goes I just figgured mine out and its already obsolete. After having the motorola product I think I would try to make it till you can get a KRAZR. Their are tons of good products I've just gotten partial to motorola we've ran moto 2way radios for years I dont know why I waited so long to try the phones.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

I just get whatever the free phone is. I have no use for all sorts of fancy features I don't need. As long as I can call people and they can call me, that's all I need.
The phone could have a rotary dial for all I care.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
Lary was nice enough to get all of the DTR staff cell phones.
They work great....

... keeping our trucks from rolling down hill.

Rich.

Nothing but the best for the DTR boys Its the little perks that make it all worth while.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 PM

All I can say is that the motorolla flip phone that I have does a lot more than I need it to (as do most of them). The phone seems to recieve a signal pretty good, even in the mountains and remote places, and after I dropped it in the irrigation ditch, I fished it out, promptly removed the battery and cover, hit it with the wifes hair dryer and let it air dry for a day, and when I put it back together....much to my surprise, it worked great.

I do not know about the text message send stuff, camera, email and web browser things, or the bluetooth that it has. I never use that stuff, I just need a phone to make a call, I have a camera, computer, stereo, ect. for all that other stuff.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:34 PM

I've had Nokia, Motorola, Audiovox and Samsung. Audiovox & Samsung have been the best! Quailty, reception, features. The wife and my oldest have the razor, samsung works, out performs them. My #2 (8 year old) has an Audiovox that is 4 years old and still going strong.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deezel Nate
I just get whatever the free phone is. I have no use for all sorts of fancy features I don't need. As long as I can call people and they can call me, that's all I need.
The phone could have a rotary dial for all I care.
I was that way untill I got my Treo in December. I love that flippin thing.

Quick Reply: Cell phones