Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

cattle prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 yr old heifer? would she not breed or something? 900 is crazy high for a heifer that old.

nope 3 of us tried to get her bred and it just didnt do so we knew it was time for her to go[QUOTE]2 yr old heifer? would she not breed or something? 900 is crazy high for a heifer that old
Old 11-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dr. Evil
They may not want our beef but they sure want our power, oil & gas, and water dont they? Pitiful......IMO.
Hehehe...
Yep, we're screwing you guys. And nothing personal, but we're proud of it! We're screwing you medicine companies too... Niener niener niener!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
Hehehe...
Yep, we're screwing you guys. And nothing personal, but we're proud of it! We're screwing you medicine companies too... Niener niener niener!!!

Ya, why am I not suprised??

There is NOTHING funny about it. People are losing farms and cattle operations that took GENERATONS to build. Ya thats FUNNY !!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Whos gettin screwed if your paying so much for medicine?
I know several folks in the USA that don't have a lot of money and need to fill alot of prescriptions...they found the savings they made off their meds allowed them to spend a little more in the USA plus they are feeling better getting their meds when needed, not when they have a pocket full of mortgage money for it.

Shut off the gas and the hydro folks.

neiner niener
Old 11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Hehehe...
Begle, you don't have a location listed.

Are you saying we Americans are screwing the Canadians, or you Canadians are screwing us Americans?

If it is Americans vs Canadians, then I for one am not proud.

phox
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned

It's so much fun to see people up North getting peeved at us. Call it an inferiority complex, if you will; we're so dependent on you guys, its blissful when we get ahead at something. (Yes, I'm being a total hypocrite here, but for a good cause.) And our beef is kicking your beef's butt, and our beef industry is getting better than yours. Ya'll can keep you diseased cows to your selves...

As for medicine, I thought America stopped allowing the importation of medicine? You see, if we do/did stop importation from Canada, your drug companies became weaker than our drug companies. And America becomes better than Canada. That makes me happy. (Once again, please don't base my future opinions upon my comments here as I'm being a hypocrite through my teeth here.)

So, in all, our industry is putting the hurt on Canada. I love that disregard for foreign companies.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 PM

Uh huh,

Well, Im out of this one.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:35 PM

Thanks Phox
Old 11-08-2004, 10:53 PM

I was thinkin about Begle!'s post about salin farm land.Down here the cotton farmers are salin it like crazy for huge amounts of money.

One farmer down here about 2 years back when Huntsville really started growin (Been the of the Fobles top ten list as the one the fastest growin cities in the US for the past 3 years) sold I think about 200 acres for 3 times it's value and sold some more of his same land, to the same subdivison company for 4 times it worth as just farm land.

He said one day he was out there in the early spring checkin everything and some people came up in a nice black SUV and started askin questions and they asked him if he wanted to sale it and he shot them a high crazy price and they said ok sign here.

The funny thing about it is now some of those people have knee high cottom 15 feet from there nice new swimmin pools.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:46 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
It's so much fun to see people up North getting peeved at us. Call it an inferiority complex, if you will; we're so dependent on you guys, its blissful when we get ahead at something. (Yes, I'm being a total hypocrite here, but for a good cause.) And our beef is kicking your beef's butt, and our beef industry is getting better than yours. Ya'll can keep you diseased cows to your selves...

As for medicine, I thought America stopped allowing the importation of medicine? You see, if we do/did stop importation from Canada, your drug companies became weaker than our drug companies. And America becomes better than Canada. That makes me happy. (Once again, please don't base my future opinions upon my comments here as I'm being a hypocrite through my teeth here.)

So, in all, our industry is putting the hurt on Canada. I love that disregard for foreign companies.

errm... Maybe you meant to say you are trying to be sarcastic or ironic? (just offering the benifit of the doubt here)

If you really meant what you wrote, your making a fool of yourself, stop it while your still ahead. We all like cheering for our "team" (or country in this case) but it takes a cold heart to gain pleasure from another man's suffering.....
Old 11-09-2004, 06:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRam
2 yr old heifer? would she not breed or something? 900 is crazy high for a heifer that old.

nope 3 of us tried to get her bred and it just didnt do so we knew it was time for her to go
2 yr old heifer? would she not breed or something? 900 is crazy high for a heifer that old
yeah. I know how that is. Im suprised she brought 900.

we bought 50 exposed hiefers the summer before last for 750/ piece. Only 1 didnt have a calf. We palpated her 2 weeks ago and she is bred. So she gets to stay.
Out of the 49 that calved, we lost 3 calves.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by westcoaster
errm... Maybe you meant to say you are trying to be sarcastic or ironic? (just offering the benifit of the doubt here)

If you really meant what you wrote, your making a fool of yourself, stop it while your still ahead. We all like cheering for our "team" (or country in this case) but it takes a cold heart to gain pleasure from another man's suffering.....
Ya thanks Westcoast for givin a benifit of doubt to this..

If not, well thats just sad..
Old 11-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Speaking of cattle prices.......
I just had to pay $6.95 for a 20 oz chunk of cow on a bun at a local eatery.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, doesn't that make sense...

Steak up here is still just about $10 a pound..Sheesh..

The only people getting fat around here are the packer plants..
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Originally posted by Lil Dog
The only people getting fat around here are the packer plants..
But Jason, remember what the gov't said when they looked into the packing plants. There was absolutely no gouging going on at all.

I really do look forward to a Canuck owned packing plant or two. All our current packing plants are foreign owned. It may not help much, but every little bit would help, especially when we're getting $550 for an 800 pound animal.

Rod

Quick Reply: cattle prices