Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

buy a truck and ship it to europe

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buy a truck and ship it to europe

Hi everyone,

My name is Justin from the Netherlands, I want to buy truck and ship it to holland.

Can you guys help me around? we drive Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche here.....so I don`t know if should buy a chevy, dodge, ford.....??

I have found a business in Texas that sells trucks to europe, please check it tell me if the prices are ok :

i really like this truck:

Dodge Ram Magnum V8 aut. 5.9 liter 4x4 2000
incl. transport $ 13,250

does that sound ok? I am really crushing my mind..should I buy a diesel? gas is really expensive around here...

here are more trucks for sale : http://www.tradewood.net/dodgeram.htm

enough questions.....thanks in advance for your help!

justin
Old 07-30-2003, 01:55 PM

Re:buy a truck and ship it to europe

Get the diesel you will get twice the mileage as the gasser and you can mod it to be way faster then most street vehicles over there!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:57 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Hello Justin. I would highly recommend the Dodge Ram, with the diesel engine. Honestly do not think you will find a better or more reliable truck anywhere. You did not say if you intended to buy a new or used truck. Which is it? There are probably quite a few companies that would be willing to ship to you. Keep us posted and I am sure somebody here can help you. In fact the company I bought my truck from will probably be happy to ship to you. They are the best dealer I have ever dealt with.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I would think you would have more service/maintenance options in Europe with the Cummins.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:19 PM

I would get a turbo diesel of course. You spend much less in fuel and repair (if maintained properly). This one on the same site looks like a good deal. Just from the picture it already has approximately US$3,000.00 in accessories.

45,000 miles is nothing on a Cummins equipped truck. You may want to find a local Cummins distributor and see if they will honor the 100,000 mile warranty. The warranty follows the truck.

These vehicles look as though they are in East Texas, and possibly in the Houston area. I poked around the website, but could not find an address, and the phone number looks like a cell area code. If you talk to them, and they are in the Houston area, let us know. One of us around here could go take a look at the vehicle and see if it is in top shape (or if it even exists).

Old 07-30-2003, 02:53 PM

Justin,

Due to the price you all pay for go-juice, I would highly recommend a diesel. Diesel is less, gets get better mileage and you'll have a better engine.

BeentoanddrivenaroundalloverEuropeDW
Old 07-30-2003, 02:59 PM

This is the adres :

18250 Atkinson Lane
Conore, TX 77384

I prefer diesel above GAS aswell, here in europe a lot of people have LPG GAS installations....that`s even more cheap than diesel...

But I want a truck that will last!

and the power? do gas trucks have more power?

could Mexstan give the dealer`s website? I want a secondhand truck, 1998-2001 will do just fine.

and what about this site: http://www.dodgetrucksteeringproblems.com/
is that a bunch of crap?

thnkx again guys!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:06 PM

Conroe is not very far from where I am. I could go up there after work and check one out if you are serious about buying one. I would highly recommend the diesel. Yes, diesels have more power per cubic inch than gasoline engines, and they last much longer.

Lately, I have been working in Poland and Deuchland. If I remember right, Diesel usually runs around 50 euro less per litre. Combine that with going twice as far on a litre of Diesel than petrol, and you have quite a healthy savings.

I suggest you send a private message to a member on this site named Alpine Ram. He lives in Austria, and can fill you in on the costs and benefits of running a full size US truck in Europe.

The steering problem is an easy and relatively inexpensive fix. Do a search on this site for "tracking bar" in the 2nd generation forum.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:33 PM

Great! I will buy the truck in a month or two, I will write down you email adres! and contact you when I am really ready to buy it...thank you so much for helping me out..

It`s kinda scary to buy a truck so far away from home

You all convinced me about the diesel, but why not recommend a chevy or ford? I saw the poll about dodge having the most reliable engine.....but what about the rest?

/j
Old 07-30-2003, 03:37 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Hi Justin, you have got an IM.

I would recommend the Dodge Diesel, and if you like I will try to help you.
Cummins Europe won't honour the 100k miles warranty, but if you maintain the truck properly you'll have fun for miles without end.

AlpineRAM
Old 07-30-2003, 03:39 PM

IM? what does that mean? :- and what is cummins exactly? have they got a website?

man...what a questions :
Old 07-30-2003, 03:47 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Justin, one reason I bought this truck was because where I live the cost of diesel runs about 25% less than gasoline. Then factor in the reliability, the warranty etc and it is a winner. Also some of the roads I drive on are not exactly kept in the best of repair, so again I have a winner that I believe wil keep me trucking and happy for years and not break the bank.
My dealer where I bought the truck is near San Antonio, Texas and their web site is www.ramtrucks4less.com. Tell them Stan from Mexico sent you.
Let me know if they can help you or not. PM me if necessary.
As some of the guys have already offered, someone can go and inspect any truck for you if you want them to. If you buy a used truck then I suggest that you take them up on their offer. I will help where I can also.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=jschlee link=board=10;threadid=17744;start=0#msg165965 date=1059597572]
IM? what does that mean? :-
[/quote]
IM = Instant Message.
Look at the top of the page and you will see:
Hey, jschlee, you have 1 messages, 1 are new
click on the underlined "messages" to take you to your IM box.
I noticed that the pop-up window that tells you about new mail is not currently working. Im sure Jack will have that fixed shortly.
and what is cummins exactly? have they got a website?
Cummins is the diesel engine that powers the Ram trucks.
Yes, you can find them on the web at
www.cummins.com

man...what a questions :
Thats what DTR is all about.
Good luck.
Rich.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:49 PM

Mexstan, did ramtrucks4less ship the truck for you? I can`t seem to find any images on that site..
Old 07-30-2003, 04:54 PM

They could have but I opted to pick it up at the dealership. It is "only" a 16 hour drive. If you want I can contact them and ask if they can ship overseas, but you will not receive the answer until tomorrow.

Quick Reply: buy a truck and ship it to europe