Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Burned

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Sounds like a terroist attack to me. See what will come of that approach with the local LE.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you need to familiarize yourself with the Texas trespassing laws and the right to use deadly force.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM

The first thing the police said to me was the retaliation is a felony. Its just time for real people to start taking action against the people in the wrong and it will start to end. Every thing will be ok I'm just glad that it didnt injure my family or the family that lives next door to me. A truck can be replaced but life can not.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Retaliation on your part will only make sure your house is the next thing they burn to the ground.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. You have to weigh out your desire for vengance against the safety of not only yourself but the rest of your family. Up around here in the Metro NY area the gang thing (MS13, do a google on them)has been going on for quite a while and is growing everyday. I know it stinks, but unless you are prepared to go to WAR over it (literally) i would just leave it to the cops. Stinks about your rig, I hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:53 PM

So are you at liberty or do you care to tell us what might have prompted them to do this? I am wondering this also as to perhaps avoid a potential problem like that.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:37 PM

At a food joint in town these guys were harassing my girlfriend and I was pushed to the point where I took action and gave them the beat down that they needed. You have to take into mind that these guys have nothing unless they have weapons or all of their friends. Well they rounded up all of their buddies and ended up showing up at a friends house which was the wrong thing to do. Shotguns were fired over there heads and they left again. I guess they figured they werent going to get me by myself again and spread the word that when they found my house, my truck was going to take the beating for me and the next two nights I stayed up waiting. Well the one night that I went out of town to get this off my mind they had the chance and took it.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 PM

The police is brought up that MS13 and said that they tortured a man with a iron and then dropped him off in a parking lot to die. You guys have to take into mind that this town was never thought to come to this point and isnt prepared to start taking action against something this BIG!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 PM

In Ky arson on ur property gives you the right to use (deadly force) if I'm not mistaken the last time I took the carry/ conseal training

That way there won't be a retaliation or a (next time)

But thats probly a bad idea as I am prone to go to the extreme

just my .02c though
Old 08-16-2005, 11:37 PM

I see, understand. It seems you did nothing to provoke this. It is unfortunate that hard working people that want to do good and get ahead are stifled by the types you are encountering. They have nothing to loose as they probably have nothing unless it was given to them or they stole it. In any case they cannot appreciate how hard things are to come by and as a consequence do not have the ability to respect others efforts or possessions. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to do as Toby Keith and Willie Nelsons duo suggest in their song "Hang em from an Oak Tree". Wiskey for my men.........
Old 08-17-2005, 12:32 AM

I deal with Gang members on a regular basis.. I have found that alone they are spinless whimpering idiots... Give them a gun and they get a little braver... Put them in a group and they are just plain stupid and dangerous.. If one gets "disrespected" then they feel that all are disrespected, they get together and do bad things but never face to face (drive by's ect.).

Unfortunatley I don't think that this has ended.. Now that the police have been involved there will be pressure on this particular gang, Some will go to jail for anything they can hang on them untill they get the ones that torched your truck..

I guess what I am saying is Please please be careful!!!.. They know where you live now.

If they don't live in the neighborhood ask your local LE to do some patrol checks on your house and jam these knuckle heads if they see them in your neighborhood.

Here in Los Angeles it is an ongoing problem... and there are not enough officers to be everywhere all the time. It is unfortunate but Law enforcement is reactionary. I am sure the officers feel for you and family and want to get them as bad as you do.

Gerry
Old 08-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by gerry
I deal with Gang members on a regular basis.. I have found that alone they are spinless whimpering idiots... Give them a gun and they get a little braver... Put them in a group and they are just plain stupid and dangerous.. If one gets "disrespected" then they feel that all are disrespected, they get together and do bad things but never face to face (drive by's ect.).

Unfortunatley I don't think that this has ended.. Now that the police have been involved there will be pressure on this particular gang, Some will go to jail for anything they can hang on them untill they get the ones that torched your truck..

I guess what I am saying is Please please be careful!!!.. They know where you live now.

If they don't live in the neighborhood ask your local LE to do some patrol checks on your house and jam these knuckle heads if they see them in your neighborhood.

Here in Los Angeles it is an ongoing problem... and there are not enough officers to be everywhere all the time. It is unfortunate but Law enforcement is reactionary. I am sure the officers feel for you and family and want to get them as bad as you do.

Gerry
Hey, you are not too far from where I am.
Here in the San Gabriel Valley, the gang problem is only getting worse.
We are dealing with them at this time in our neighborhood.
Alot are moving from the west side on the way to the high desert and tearing up everything in between. Tagging is bad and they can't remove it fast enough.
When you deal with a gang, I hate to say this but it takes years because they go on for generations. I know too well.
Be carefull and watch your back side.
Jim
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 AM

This is one reason I moved out of NYC. I wanted my daughter to have a better chance in life than me

Sorry about your truck, please be safe.
Michael
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you at least have insurance that will pay for your losses. sorry to hear the bad news.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:24 AM

Arson is the toughest crime to prove. Vehicle arson is worse.

As caine would say: Be like a reed, bend in the wind. Like a shadow, silent and unseen. CCW.....
Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Re: Re: Burned

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Police Officers can not sit and watch your truck all night, they are too few and far between. The only thing that Law Enforcement can do is take the report after the fact. This is precisely why it is important you protect yourself and your property yourself.

That also means you AVOID situations that can lead to this type of retaliation. By not getting in fights with these individuals. Not sure what you did to make them so mad at you, but now you need to ask yourself if it was worth it.

Don't blame Law Enforcement for this, they can't be every where at once.

Sorry to hear your truck was torched, that is a real bummer.
No, they can't stop it from happening BUT they should catch the little POS that did it! The fire could have hurt someone if it were to spread. if they cannot protect your property even if it is just to punish the vandal, they need to find another job!