Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Buried my dog today

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm not too optimistic about this. I've been researching and he has the symptoms of the cancer but will wait until I get the biopsy results. Last night was rough (I've never cried over a dang dog before) but I couldn't restrain myself and I think the kids saw me...anyway, looks like the kids will be getting a new Boxer after the new year and hopefully they'll still have a good Christmas.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I did not want to read this thread because of what it means and how it hurts those of you that have suffered this loss.
I am very sorry to see that you could be seeing another close friend move on.

We went through this when I was a kid. After the first pet passed on it was only three months and all three were gone. It was like the other two were lonely and gave up. I was the only man at home at the time this all happened.

I send all my strength and prayers your way and my hat is off to your son that stood up so proud and strong for you.

Scotty
Old 12-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My deepest sympathy with with you and your family. I know how hard it is. I lost my best friend 5 yrs ago and I still get choked up talking or even thinking about him. I will pass along a piece of advice that the Vet I had told to me. When my Shepard was in rough shape and I kinda had the clue that it was time, but I really didn't want to accept it yet, he told me "He gave you ("X" amount) of good years as your friend but now you owe it to him to do the right thing". I hope this helps . . .

Rob