Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Buick Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buick Tranny

Hope someone can help. The car is 2001 Buick Regal with 110,000 miles. The car itself works great. The tranny works fine (no slipping, goes into gear fine) until you drive it for more 20 - 30 minutes. Then it starts to shift very hard through every gear whether or not you are mashing the pedal. I did have the tranny flushed at 100K, fluid levels are fine. The shop did not find any problems the first time due to the fact that they did not drive it long enough. I need to take this car on 2500 trip at the end of July. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Cjthor
Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope this helps:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=395425
Old 07-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Thanks Clunk. That is just what is happening. I took it to the dealer last night. I wonder if the Wynn machine the Tires Plus idiots used was not add the proper amount of tranny fluid when they changed it. The last place I took it to said it was 1.5 quarts low. These things make me very angry. Hopefully the dealer will check all this also. At least to now I am properly informed about the problem. The car has been a great car so far even if the wife thinks that Buicks are for old people I would buy another in a herat beat. Thanks for your help.

Cjthor.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:40 PM

my friend has been using a two step formula sold at NAPA that cleans out the tranny, then you change and flush the fluid and add new with a conditioner, said he's had it help 11 of 12 so far, costs like $50 but would be worth it if it fixes your troubles.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CJThor,
I was offered a backflush on an auto.trans car I had and I asked if they could guarentee the entire filter would be flushed clean and they said no but it would be clean enough. I asked again if they could guarentee 1/2 of the filter could be flushed clean AND be aware that I'll pull the pan afterward and check and they said no but it would be clean enough. I asked how clean would the filter be after the flush and they said they didn't know but it would be clean enough.
I don't take mine for backflushes because the pressure on the backflush might be ok for the year the flush machine was built but it might not be ok for the year my trans was built. Also, the filter will not be completely cleaned and may even get damaged leaving a buncha junk in my trans.
Sorry for the rant ya'll.

I've got plenty of respect for Buicks...Buddy Ingersol really scared up the NHRA Pro Stock boys when he tried to get his turbo Regal approved. Too bad the big money won out.