Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Broke my hand, can't install VP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Broke my hand, can't install VP!

So I had my VP ready to go, finals are over, got a little rowdy, now I fractured a bone in my hand...gotta get a cast I am thinking I just have to pay to get it installed. Kind of bummed out, might need pins in it... Anyway, have to pay labor now
Old 12-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good timing!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 AM

Sorry Scott I know how you feel. I'm 7 or 8 weeks out from breaking my left wrist. I was planting birds off an ATV for a quail championship in Southern Iowa and hit a hole with the ATV doing about 25(never even saw the hole) handle bar jacked back and broke my left wrist, brought the atv to a dead stop and flipped my butt over the handle bars. That was at 8 in the morning on a wed. I had to stay and help out till thur. afternoon and then drive all the way back to Ohio to be back at work on Friday. Drove my truck pulling a three horse bumper pull trailer all the way back through a really bad series of storms that were lighting up the sky, sparking tornados, and had 30-50pmh cross winds. It really wasnt fun trying to keep the truck on the road with one hand !! Got back at about 5am dropped the trailer, ran into the house changed showed and back out the door to work. I finally made it into the docs on Sat morning and at that point they soft casted it and told me 4-5 weeks.

Everything is healed up now but when I brace my left hand against something to say try and jump up into the bed of the truck it will give out on me. My wife's got me squeezing a stress ball 24/7 trying to build the strength back up and loosen up the ligaments. The really crappy thing was I had a bunch of stuff sitting in the garage waiting for me to install on the truck and couldn't get any of it in.

yeah if you weren't in CO and a bit closer to OH, I'd try and come out and give ya a hand.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM

That sucks!
If you were closer (nothing is close in Wyoming!) and I wasn't so busy selling christmas trees I would do it for you!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Thanks guys, just got back from doctor (Inow type with only my left hand and i am not left handed, maybe now i am) Thought it wasn't bad, apparently I'm lucky I don't need pins, but lots of little pieces of metacarpal inthere. Got a cast, that was quite a surprise, covers from mid arm to finger tips, i think i can still hold the shifter, reverse my be hard...well....ATS is next door and only wanted 440 for the labor. On the bright side I picked the neon green cast, she wouldn't let me do red and green stripe
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sorry about the hand, strong young guy like you will be back up and swinging in no time

ATS will take cood care of you good people and while you are there tell them Lary say's Hi!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Roger that! Wilco
Old 12-14-2007, 11:51 PM

If you have any friends left maybe they will help with you directing. haha