Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Brett Favre Traded To Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this mean that they'll finally shut up about him? I couldn't wait for this controversy to end so that maybe they will stop having a Brett Favre moment every other moment on ESPN.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
yeah and i think that is total crap!!!! another team controlling a third party's intrest in a commodity (spl).....thats like me saying I'll sell you my truck but if you sell it to this person that I dont like then you owe me an extra 5,000 bux. You own the the truck you'd sell it to who ever you want right?
Actually, it's more like you selling your drag car to someone out of state with the stipulation that they can't re-sell it to anyone who competes at your local track. It's called controlling the competition.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
Actually, it's more like you selling your drag car to someone out of state with the stipulation that they can't re-sell it to anyone who competes at your local track. It's called controlling the competition.
still bs....if its sold you no longer own rights to it and it can get sold again to whom ever the NEW owner(s) feel
Old 08-07-2008, 05:59 PM

If I have to sit through another Bret Favre farewell tribute it will be one tooooo many. He is/was a great player but that stuff got old last season.

Mike
Old 08-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hintz
Well being a diehard Packer fan I completely disagree Ted Thompson EGO has completely got in the way of Favre ever playing in GB, he wanted to PLAY there not sit on the bench, the fact that they were making him compete for his job was the biggest slap in the face and while he'll be missed I dont blame in for wanting to get out.
And hear this if the Jets and/or Favre tear it up this year and Arron Rodgers does poor, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson will be tar and feather then hung off of Lambeau field, or at least fired
I love my Packers. I love my boy Farve. But trading him was the right thing for them to do.

First, while Brett is still likely one of the 5 or 6 best QBs in the league, he's on the end of his career and the Packers need to invest in Rogers and get him some experience to mature.

Brett has jerked around the Packers by retiring and unretiring. The Packers can't sit still like deer in the headlights and wait for BF to decide whether or not he's playing another year.

The Packers were right to make BF compete for his job again after announcing he was retiring. Do you get to "unretire" from being a CEO and just walk back into your own job?

Seeing BG in a Jets uniform will make my eyes go crazy, just as it does to look back at his first year pics in a Falcons uniform. He's a Packer in character no matter what jersey he wears because he represents the rugged determination, class, and love of the game associated with the greatest of the previous Packer teams of yore.

I wish him well and will always admire him, but he's not entitled to be NEXT year's qb based on what he did years ago-- even last year.

JMO
Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still bs....if its sold you no longer own rights to it and it can get sold again to whom ever the NEW owner(s) feel
I understand what you're saying but as long as it's yours to sell, you can set the sale terms. If the buyer doesn't like the terms, they can buy elsewhere. Non-compete clauses in business sales are another example. If the buyer agreed to the sale terms, it apparently wasn't an issue to them.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:07 AM

i think he came back thinking about redemption for last year's NFC championship game interception in OT, but if he's lying on his back in Foxborough in December, with the Pats up by 20 late in the game, he may reconsider his decision.
i hope he does well with the Jets, but don't forget they were 4-12 last year, and didn't seem like they were on the verge of turning it around.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
i think he came back thinking about redemption for last year's NFC championship game interception in OT, but if he's lying on his back in Foxborough in December, with the Pats up by 20 late in the game, he may reconsider his decision.
i hope he does well with the Jets, but don't forget they were 4-12 last year, and didn't seem like they were on the verge of turning it around.
I was at that game, and you could hear a collective "Don't throw that ball, Brett" from the crowd when we was winding up.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by rbuchana
I was at that game, and you could hear a collective "Don't throw that ball, Brett" from the crowd when we was winding up.
I was at the game to w/ a frozen beer in hand, but thinking the exact opposite he had him open just a bad pass
Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz
I was at the game to w/ a frozen beer in hand, but thinking the exact opposite he had him open just a bad pass
Everybody around me saw it coming. Must have been the angle or point of view.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Well I was watching it on TV and said the same thing before he let it go, that it was a mistake to throw that ball. Brett has some incredible passing records but the only way to get them is to take chances throwing the ball.

Sometimes he seems to force the issue a bit but I think he is so competitive that he believes beyond a doubt he can make the throw........He has proven that point many times in his career only to also pay the price as he did in that game.

All in all I think I would prefer to have a Quarterback that isn't afraid to take the shot
Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The Packers often lived by the Favre, but they also died by it (him) occasionally.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well I was watching it on TV and said the same thing before he let it go, that it was a mistake to throw that ball.
it was not a mistake. had he not thrown that ball, chipmonk, family of chipmonk, and friends of chipmonk might have been deprived of the greatest ending to a football season in our lives. the Giants not only won their third Super Bowl, but ended the almost perfect season of the Pats.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:47 PM

chipmonk.....that had to be one of the saddist superbowls i have ever watched. I hated seeing that whiny brat Manning win at all let alone a superbowl. good game but having Eli win it made me sick
Old 08-09-2008, 05:35 PM

chipmonk.....that had to be one of the saddist superbowls i have ever watched. I hated seeing that whiny brat Manning win at all let alone a superbowl. good game but having Eli win it made me sick
bring it on- having my Giants beating the Cowboys in the playoffs (after losing to them twice in the regular season), then putting an end to the near-perfect season of the poooooooor, pooooooooor Pats to win the Super Bowl in what might have been the best football game i've ever seen, has made me immune to any and all Giants/Manning bashing.

Quick Reply: Brett Favre Traded To Jets