Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Brett Favre Traded To Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brett Favre Traded To Jets

the Brett Favre era in Green Bay ended today, as he was traded to the N.Y. Jets. at least he'll still be wearing green.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 AM

i'll bet he still ends up in purple
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
i'll bet he still ends up in purple
i don't think so. the Jets were in need of a QB bad, and i can't see them giving him up unless he retires (again) or gets carted off the field.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

You mean black and blue?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 AM

Brett is a tough old mississippi fella, still got a good few years left.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM

yeha but brett has said that he doens't want to play for the jets or tampa. so why would they want a QB that really doesn't want to be there.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 AM

He should have stayed in GB if he truly played just for the love of the game. He won't look right wearing any other color and he will not be remembered as fondly as if he had stuck with GB regardless of how his career ends..
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
He should have stayed in GB if he truly played just for the love of the game. He won't look right wearing any other color and he will not be remembered as fondly as if he had stuck with GB regardless of how his career ends..

I agree completely.

Tim
Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey....The guy is a Football Player and he wants to play Football, he doesn't want to sit on a bench and watch, he is too much of a competitor for that to happen.

I saw this happen with Joe Montanna at the end of his career, sad to see them spend their last couple years with a struggling team but at least they get to go out doing what they love....playing the game

In the end he will still be remembered as a Packer and he will always be green at heart no matter where he ends up
Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 PM

yeha but brett has said that he doens't want to play for the jets or tampa. so why would they want a QB that really doesn't want to be there.
Yeah but if the Jets trade him to the Vikings they have to give Green Bay THREE 1st round draft picks !!! So, I think GB covered their rear ends as far as Brett going to the Vikings...
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

I saw this happen with Joe Montanna at the end of his career, sad to see them spend their last couple years with a struggling team but at least they get to go out doing what they love....playing the game

Montana did make the playoffs with the Chiefs. I just don't see Favre taking the Jets anywhere close to the playoffs. ( unless he buys them all a ticket to get into the game)
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by s cesnick
Yeah but if the Jets trade him to the Vikings they have to give Green Bay THREE 1st round draft picks !!! So, I think GB covered their rear ends as far as Brett going to the Vikings...

yeah and i think that is total crap!!!! another team controlling a third party's intrest in a commodity (spl).....thats like me saying I'll sell you my truck but if you sell it to this person that I dont like then you owe me an extra 5,000 bux. You own the the truck you'd sell it to who ever you want right?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
I agree completely.

Tim
Well being a diehard Packer fan I completely disagree Ted Thompson EGO has completely got in the way of Favre ever playing in GB, he wanted to PLAY there not sit on the bench, the fact that they were making him compete for his job was the biggest slap in the face and while he'll be missed I dont blame in for wanting to get out.
And hear this if the Jets and/or Favre tear it up this year and Arron Rodgers does poor, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson will be tar and feather then hung off of Lambeau field, or at least fired
Old 08-07-2008, 01:09 PM

yeah and i think that is total crap!!!! another team controlling a third party's intrest in a commodity (spl).....thats like me saying I'll sell you my truck but if you sell it to this person that I dont like then you owe me an extra 5,000 bux. You own the the truck you'd sell it to who ever you want right?
AMEN to that!

The other funny thing about the whole deal with Favre, is that folks are acting like he is the first big sports star to "retire" and come back! What's up with all that?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Hintz
Well being a diehard Packer fan I completely disagree Ted Thompson EGO has completely got in the way of Favre ever playing in GB, he wanted to PLAY there not sit on the bench, the fact that they were making him compete for his job was the biggest slap in the face and while he'll be missed I dont blame in for wanting to get out.
And hear this if the Jets and/or Favre tear it up this year and Arron Rodgers does poor, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson will be tar and feather then hung off of Lambeau field, or at least fired
So true....... And you KNOW Brett is determined to show they made a mistake no matter where he ends up!.....Never know, he just might have the best season of his career, he has proven in the past that adversity makes him play better.

I am not a Packers fan, never have been...But the way Brett plays with 110% of his heart on every play, I can't help but admire him and what he has accomplished. He is FOOTBALL!

Quick Reply: Brett Favre Traded To Jets