Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breast cancer awareness

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser

Hi ladies and gents. I just want to get a little message out about something my wife and I are in the midst of. My wife did the 3-day 60 mile walk here in Seattle last year and when she was done I was inspired by what she had done and what she had done it for (breast cancer) that I am doing it with here this year. We have created a web site that tells the story of our friend that has stage 4 breast cancer as well as those in memory who have not survived that we have known over the years. Our goal here is to raise $50000 for this cause this year and if we do my wife has vowed to dye her hair pink and that I will shave my head. Donations may be made at the site and this is a non-profit organization so if you feel the need to help alot of people with be truly grateful because as the site says we do this because we believe there is and will be a cure for this disease.

The web site is, and you will like this, www.hugsforjugs.com

p.s we now have 23 walkers on our team for this year compared to just my wife alone last year so we are making a difference.

Thank you
Travist
Old 05-03-2006, 04:18 PM

We are also holding a golf tourney the 20th of may for any-one in the northwestern washinfon area.

Travist
Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

this is something I participated in this winter. Tied up donor flies. If you know anybody recovering, this may be a bit of rehab. they'd enjoy.

http://www.castingforrecovery.org/