Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakup Woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks man...ya'll have been a big help...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I'll talk about kindness
Justice, faith and kindness
I want you to listen carefully
Kindness and faith, are the foundation
Without them, we can't become good people
And with justice, we know we can lead a good life
First of all, you have to practice honesty
Keep your temper, never lose control of yourself
Be patient, if you learn to do these things, you can master anything
Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 PM

Good way to see it. I've controlled it, no matter how many times I wanted to call her and tell her whats on my mind. I'm just gonna be a better man about it and push forward. The thing is i don't want her misconstruing the truth to others like she has. I guess I just have to let it go.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let her do all the talking she wants and run her mouth. You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time. Her actions and words will speak volumes as to whose the guilty party. If someone is dumb enough to fall for her story and not come to get your side, you don't want them as friends anyway. Anyone worth having around will get your take on it before passing judgement.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM

Look at the bright side, you're only 22 and have your whole life in front of you. Don't dwell on the past or worry about the future. Be happy with what you have and live in the day. That's how you grow and move on.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by rip 112
No I haven't. Where's it located?
Its up near Saedrift, Ill get the exact mile maker for you. It is named after a guy who was great friends of my friends in Houston. It was named after him after he passed away. BTW, do you like to hunt and or fish? If so I have a great website with some of the best people you will ever meet. It is not only hunting and fishing though. We have get togethers and BBQ cook offs all summer long. Its 99% just Texans in there and has over 30,000 members now, I have been a member since there were less than 5,000 and met some awesome people. It is owned by a a friend in Houston.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112

With the pit, it stayed at my house because she lives in Austin. Its my pit now. I know she won't turn her back on me...

Rick
Definition of Mans best friend. ^^^^^^^

Reminds me of a joke i heard, might have even been on DTR.
Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for two hours. Then when you open the truck you'll see who is loyal and happy to see you.

Good luck, stay off the booze for awhile. Get in contact with some old buddies you haven't talked to for awhile cause you were too busy doing what she wanted. Enjoy the freedom, plan the trip you always had wanted to make. And sooner or later you will find another little fishy, maybe the right one this time.

To get better and to progress one has to make a few mistakes, and learn.

Here's yours, now get out there and look at the future and not be lost in the past.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by CowboyDave
Its up near Saedrift, Ill get the exact mile maker for you. It is named after a guy who was great friends of my friends in Houston. It was named after him after he passed away. BTW, do you like to hunt and or fish? If so I have a great website with some of the best people you will ever meet. It is not only hunting and fishing though. We have get togethers and BBQ cook offs all summer long. Its 99% just Texans in there and has over 30,000 members now, I have been a member since there were less than 5,000 and met some awesome people. It is owned by a a friend in Houston.
Man, that would be awesome. Don't get to fish or hunt as much as I used to, but looks like I'll have plenty of time!!! I love to bbq and I like get-togethers with great Texas hospitality!

I just got back from a little road trip with an old friend that happens to be a girl, a beautiful girl. She explained it to me from the female side, i understand a little more about it now, and its easier to accept now. This is the time that I find out who my true friends are. Seems like we might be spending alot more time together, but nothing serious for now...I want a clear conscious before I make any rash decisions.

Here is my best friend. As I've said before, she won't turn her back on me. She is always happy to see me and loves me because I provide for her. Not the best pic, but it is very sentimental to me, hence the avatar.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM

hey rip, just readin all this and sorry to hear about your luck but as stated by man other it will get better... what helped me in my last break up which seems very similar to yours and wasnt that long ago was to think about all the bad things, surround your self with good people and have your mind on other things... luckily i was living at my cousins and just took off on his 4 wheeler when ever i wanted and went riding which helped keep her off my mind. seein as how you have many a toys maybe you should try the same. hope i was able to help, you need to talk to someone send me a pm and ill give ya my info, like i said went through a very similar thing not to long ago... later on bro, josh

p.s. dont go to the bottle for help your just as empty as it is when its gone.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 AM

Crazy thing man, we are almost the same age an the ex an i split ways almost 2 months ago...i think..hahaha Lots of good advice here man so try it all! Only thing that has been getting me over it is the fact that she had the nerve to call me a cheater but come to find out i was cheated on! Just do what you love to do like everyone is saying! Only time will heal, and staying busy makes time go by fast! Keep your head up cause all the hot chics out there cant check ya out when your looking at the ground! Laters
Old 03-26-2008, 12:29 AM

I'm not much of a drinker when I'm not happy, guess that's a blessing, when I'm unhappy I have a problem of staying alone and letting it run through my head all day long. The toys help and hurt. I taught her how to handle the yfz and she was almost attached to the grizzly. But I stop and think about how she threw that away along with alot of other things she won't get from anyone else. Its getting better all the time....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:39 AM

yea we had the same thing i bought her a quad and showed her how to ride it. Sold it sat. and guess what.....i bought stuff for my truck that she loved and will never get to drive again! An i drive my mustang alot more cause she loved that thing too...cant drive that any more either...hahaha
Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 AM
alwaysonDTR

time for an upgrade
Old 03-26-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
What really helped me in my breakups was to wait a bit- let it go through my head- get really angry/sorry/worried and then go out and lift some weights, go running until I thought my chest would explode or chop wood until I had blisters.
Everything to put the pent up emotions to some constructive use, and especially taking care not to endanger anybody. (Like taking some bottle and cruising around..)

You will meet a lot of interesting folks from now on- because you have the time and the open mind, no worries about how she'd feel when you meet a pretty girl, and much more time for your truck

AlpineRAM
Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 AM

Someone once told me the best way to heal a broken heart is to find new love to fill the void. In the meantime? Keep busy and spend some time and money with your truck! Better yet, start doing some things you weren't able to do while you were with her. Finish up those odd jobs, spend time with family, visit some buddies you haven't seen in awhile.

Before you laugh, I went through the same thing. 5.5 years with my highschool sweet heart and for the last year things were REAL bad. Around the same time we were having issues my buddy and his girlfriend were also having issues. Somehow, though, it was my buddies girlfriend who I talked to and compared stories with most.

Well, I wasn't looking for love but I'm sure you can guess who's home sleeping right now...

Love works in mysterious ways and you just gotta have faith.

-Shawn

Quick Reply: Breakup Woes