Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Breakroom (No Sheep, No Nuts, and alot of Flying Stuff!) 3.22.2009-3.28.09

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least yuo didn't abuse the alcohol like Hat. Unless he was using spilled beer as an excuse...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:55 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss
BOOOOOM!!!!
sound of trash can flying against the wall

Time to get up ladies. I'm going home so somebody needs to take the helm.
Don't forget to toss something to the dragon, donuts and the janitor. I already walked them.

See you Friday night.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
At least yuo didn't abuse the alcohol like Hat. Unless he was using spilled beer as an excuse...
Excuse for what? I licked it up...

Evenin, DTR.

Had to blow off some steam... played some pool with some of the guys at work here in the bks lounge, had a good time. Drinkin a beer or two, too...

How's things?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shortround checking in. I am not AWOL, just taking an extended liberty.
old dog, porch ain't going right now. Got about an inch of rain yesterday afternoon and more predicted for the rest of the week. Had to makea panic parts run for my son yesterday.He was at a job site trying to finish up and broke the drive chain on the tiller. Two feet of #16 metric, a new gasket, and a couple quarts of 90 weight and hewas back up and running. Got finished with laying all the sod before the rain started.
I'm running around this morning getting signed up with a new health care provider. When I retired, I went under Tricare. My old Dr. isn't a Tricare provider. The new one is the son of close friends and is only a couple of miles away, instead of having to drive 50 miles to the Air Base to have them refer me to another doctor that's however many miles in the opposite direction. That doesn't include the $3800 per year difference in cost and better coverage.
Had to get the wife a new seat for the scooter. Her hiney was only good for a hundred or so miles. She's got a Lazy Boy touring seat now. Sure cuts down on the noise I've been hearing behind me lately.
Enjoying retirement. Haven't missed the stress from the "basking in the light of their own self importance" management types one single bit. Lots of command moves taking place. Appears the only qualification is that you have a combat patch on the right shoulder. Performance and ability is secondary. Glad to be out of there.
Got to git. Breakfast is being served. Looks like a nice morning for a scooter ride.

keepingbothtiresonthegroundShortround out
Old 03-25-2009, 07:13 AM
REALLY old dog

Morning Ye`ll
I`m Back Was Here Learking And Then Went To Talk To My Cousn- -he Lives On Border Of Mexico & Cal. East Of Tijuana
Just Checking On The Drug Wars Down There.
Eavening Hat - Whats Up Over There >
Oh Crap Now Its Starting To Rain

Weather Has Warmed Up Its 48 Degrees Already- Overcast -but At Least Its Warmed Up.
Kaffee Stired With The Toilet Brush
Tae Brewed In Kailys Favorite Sock
Phoo-phoo -no Depenz Strainer
Donuts Drom Dunkins Dumpster (the Ones With The Pink Sprinkels Are For Top)
Claude
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Nothin much, Claude. do you sleep?

Just chillin, tyin one on. Got all the homework done, ready to go train...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning all you happy, shiny people!

Where is T-much? Altho he's round and too much, he hasn't been around too much.

Coffee's ok, donuts aren't quite crunchy enough.

chaikwa.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning... its gonna be a rough day here today. the sun come out, the sky is clear, and the rain is drying up... I figure everyone is gonna be out trying to figure out what happened.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Morning. I'm tired. Getting ready to head out. 0550 here. Ughhhh...again. Gotta go to work. Then school. Then I'm supposed to go to the bar. I doubt that will be happening.

Later

jb
Old 03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
REALLY old dog

WONDER IF HEIDI IS STILL WORKING ? GOV IN NY ST LAYED OFF 8,900 PEOPLE. (WONDER IF HEIDI GOT AFTER THE GOV. AND MADE HIM LAY OFF HIS MASURES)
Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mornin' all!

It's my friday! 12 hours to go and I'm Off for a week again. (except that 1 night of OT on friday ) Kids got fieldtrips this week and I really need to finish up the sheetrock work I've been putting off for a while now.

With my luck, this week off will be busier than my last one. I can't remember the last time I got more than 5 hours sleep......

Makin' more coffee.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by madhat
Nothin much, Claude. do you sleep?
I've often wondered that myself.. Claude is one dedicated breakroom attendant.

Morning DTR Just passin through busy at work today.. Guess I have to earn my pay for once.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Guess I have to earn my pay for once.
I hate it when they make me do that here.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
First day of physio went well, I broke one of their machines.
I asked the therapist what this one strange looking machine was for. He tells me its for the bi-ceps and it has cables and a stack of weights that you use a pin to pick your desired weight. It looked nothing like the machines I am familiar with. So after my session he and I decided to give it a try. First weight, was way too light and he says that was 90 pounds. So I moved the pin for the entire stack. He's telling me it will be too heavy...be careful. I grab ahold with my left arm and start to pull back on the handle and SNAP...cable snaps, weight stack hits the floor BOOM and the hinge-like part for the handle is broke off.

"Gee, sorry about that."

I think that cam-like piece lets folks think they are curling a lot more then they really are...nothing like free weights. Although 150lbs of stacked weight hitting the floor from about 8" off the ground did sound cool.

Scotty
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Scotty
First day of physio went well, I broke one of their machines.
I asked the therapist what this one strange looking machine was for. He tells me its for the bi-ceps and it has cables and a stack of weights that you use a pin to pick your desired weight. It looked nothing like the machines I am familiar with. So after my session he and I decided to give it a try. First weight, was way too light and he says that was 90 pounds. So I moved the pin for the entire stack. He's telling me it will be too heavy...be careful. I grab ahold with my left arm and start to pull back on the handle and SNAP...cable snaps, weight stack hits the floor BOOM and the hinge-like part for the handle is broke off.

"Gee, sorry about that."

I think that cam-like piece lets folks think they are curling a lot more then they really are...nothing like free weights. Although 150lbs of stacked weight hitting the floor from about 8" off the ground did sound cool.

Scotty
By looking at your picture in your avitar I'd say you've got some pretty good guns. I bet all that boxing is what led to the bad shoulder

Quick Reply: The Breakroom (No Sheep, No Nuts, and alot of Flying Stuff!) 3.22.2009-3.28.09