Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

BREAKROOM - Midnight Snack July 31-Aug 6

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Mad... I am not moving.
Well... better get a MRAP to drive around in...

Originally Posted by Polaraco
That's OK. We weren't appreciated when we came home. Soldiers did what they were told but the public treated us like it was all our fault. That was as bad as being there.

It's not until recent years I admitted to being there. When people asked me about this 14" scar in my answer was a car accident. Or a gaul blatter. . .

Nope. . . Count your blessings.
Brother, I can't say that I can relate to that, and my hat is off to you for enduring that, but I have been spit on and called some horrible names... I had a go with a Marines mother that called me some vile things... I think I was 26 or 27 at the time, a grown man and a Marine of 7 or 8 years... I had never heard such filth out of someone's mouth before, let alone a civilian woman. I can't imagine what you had to go through. Be proud of your service. I am.

Just got done watching Battle LA... that is a BAD movie. I might watch it again...

BEER!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Gonna be a long week
Hope you can keep up the faith with all that going on. I hope they are not in very much pain.

Originally Posted by madhat
Nope, none of that good stuff for you anymore... they have not had that since I've been in... I think that's WW2 stuff...
LoL! I dont know when they came out with MRE's but the only thing I ever saw were C-Rats and they had smokes in them. They were great unless you had to hike with them.
I still have my P-38 in my ear plugs case on my dog tag chain.

but I have been spit on and called some horrible names...
We seem to notice the loud rectum aperture's (thats DTR speak for misguided *** h***'s) more than we notice the quiet people who support the military personal.
I have an Aunt who was against Vietnam, the gulf war, Afghanistan, Iraq and every other conflict since WWII. Yet she spent over 40 years volunteering her time at the SF airport USO and other functions that help our servicemen. She appreciated every soldier who did what their country requested of them.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Coffee's ready... germans started rising up again so I took the liberty to sink a bismark..
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Eric. Wish there was something I could do to make it better...

Morning.

It's Tuesday, August 2nd.

On this day in 1776 - Members of the Continental Congress began adding their signatures to the Declaration of Independence.

1782 - George Washington invented the Honorary Badge of Distinction.

1791 - Samuel Briggs and his son Samuel Briggs, Jr. received a joint patent for their nail-making machine. They were the first father-son pair to receive a patent.

1858 - In Boston and New York City the first mailboxes were installed along streets.

1861 - The United States Congress passed the first income tax. The revenues were intended for the war effort against the South. The tax was never enacted.

1876 - "Wild Bill" Hickok was killed (shot from behind) while playing poker in Deadwood, SD. Jack McCall was later hanged for the shooting.

1922 - Alexander Graham Bell died.

1934 - German President Paul von Hindenburg died. His successor was Adolf Hitler.

1939 - Albert Einstein signed a letter to President Roosevelt urging the U.S. to have an atomic weapons research program.

1939 - U.S. President Roosevelt signed the Hatch Act. The act prohibited civil service employees from taking an active part in political campaigns.

1943 - The U.S. Navy patrol torpedo boat, PT-109, sank after being attacked by a Japanese destroyer. The boat was under the command of Lt. John F. Kennedy.

1945 - The Allied conference at Potsdam was concluded.

1964 - The Pentagon reported the first of two North Vietnamese attacks on U.S. destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin.

1974 - John Dean was sentenced to 1-4 years in prison for his involvement in the Watergate cover-up.

1983 - U.S. House of Representatives approved a law that designated the third Monday of January would be a federal holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The law was signed by President Reagon on November 2.

1990 - Iraq invaded the oil-rich country of Kuwait. Iraq claimed that Kuwait had driven down oil prices by exceeding production quotas set by OPEC.

1995 - China ordered the expulsion of two U.S. Air Force officers. The two were said to have been caught spying on military sights.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
DTR Mom

Gooooooood Morning D T Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

back from hell week and four day non stop visit to Cali forn i a.
North of madhat, no time for harassment. gonna be a homeless person there, gosh I love the fresh food and old vehicles.........

Scotty, Cincy, and all experiencing shocking things- yup, you have the support, use it and head into each next step to deal with the down side of life. Faith that things will go with dignity ..... never be reserved on holding hands. my "volunteer project" had successful cancer surgery, with dignity and was never left alone. flew in yesterday, heading over to run his dad up to switch family members, and to see the patient as promised. Faith, baby- makes things liveable.

gonna move rocks when I get back. japanese garden long overdue for me to relax in it. gonna borrow a game camera from a neighbor- hubby sat bolt upright (along with attack cat headed after it) at some animal scream and trying to enter the cat door. hehehehe, five deer in the yard when we were out in the hot tub before turning in for the night. don't drink or smoke but we sure have the 'wild life'
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall.

Cincy, I'm sorry to hear the news Hang in there.

Madhat and Polarco, still can't believe how some people treat and talk to those that answer the call. Heaven help the person I catch badmouthing DH for his service.

JWBE, good to hear from you. Going to CA is suppose to be a fun trip. You know, sun, sand, wine, wind through your hair good time. You were ripped off.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM

Mornin' all,

'OLD' IS WHEN...
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

Redleg thanks for fixin' the Read the trivia not going there with the thought for the day.

Cincy, Scotty,thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Wannabe always good to hear what you have been up to. I miss having a hot tub. Had one when we lived in Sedro-Woolly, Wa. On the deck, step out and hop in, so relaxing.

Our son is in the Army, they get a lot of respect now. Viet vets had a rough time there and when they got home. Sad.

Have a good day, if you break it, fix it, if you can't fix it, find someone who can.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by dssimecek
Mornin' all,

Our son is in the Army, they get a lot of respect now. Viet vets had a rough time there and when they got home. Sad.
I was always under the opinion that a combination of the influx of people (drafted) that didn't want to do the job and a higher ratio of leaders that had little prior training or combat experience, allowed less than professional activities go on so heavily and be publicized that that's all people would be made aware of. Put the hurt on for those that took pride in their job. Can't completely blame the public for reacting they way they did. Don't want to oversimplify, but I do they that was a major factor.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
gonna move rocks when I get back.
"Pushin' a rock, Pushin' a rock, Pushin' a rock!"

... if you break it, fix it, if you can't fix it, find someone who can.
Or don't break it in the first place!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Well... better get a MRAP to drive around in...
MMMMMMRAP MMM MMMRAP Now that could be fun. I was checking out the grader and the big loader last night in the lane...Thought about taking them for a tour. LOL

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Gooooooood Morning D T Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Scotty, Cincy, and all experiencing shocking things- yup, you have the support, use it and head into each next step to deal with the down side of life. Faith that things will go with dignity ..... never be reserved on holding hands. my "volunteer project" had successful cancer surgery, with dignity and was never left alone. flew in yesterday, heading over to run his dad up to switch family members, and to see the patient as promised. Faith, baby- makes things liveable.
Thanks! Reaching out does help. It was something never did a few yrs back.

Evening gang.. I got some bad news tonight. My aunt has less than 24 hours left before the liver cancer takes over. My uncle has also been diagnosed this week with throat, liver and lung cancer. He has less than 6 months. Gonna be a long week
Sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you Cincy.

Sincerely,
Scotty
Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Afternoon.

Hopefully everyone's day has been better.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Evening gang.. I got some bad news tonight. My aunt has less than 24 hours left before the liver cancer takes over. My uncle has also been diagnosed this week with throat, liver and lung cancer. He has less than 6 months. Gonna be a long week
Ugh. . . I can't say anything that hasn't been said. But they all and yall have my prayers and support. I make a good shoulder if needed. Just shoot up a flare.

Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning yall.

Madhat and Polarco, still can't believe how some people treat and talk to those that answer the call. Heaven help the person I catch badmouthing DH for his service.
I almost got arrested because a couple of local good ol' boys jumped me. I was in a bad mood that day and no special training, but they were hurtin when I was done. I got banged up pretty good, but still standing. One of the cops that showed up was a guy I met on the lines under fire a year earlier. Needless to say, I was lost in the process. He treated them like they were child molesters too. Watching that was gratification. At least we stick together.

Makes me warm a cozy knowing any enemy that attacks us is in deep dew. There's allot of us retired who are ready to dig in and repel. You guys are the best. Call us the gray haired army.

Except for Chikwa, he'll probably fall asleep. Needs his beauty rest
Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM

Afternooner all, Iced mocha's all around. Prop feet up and play computer games and sip the iced mocha.

Chore's around the house and in the yard take up some of the time today. It is HOT again today. 103 here. Wheeew.

Time to take the Dragon for a walk.
Reminder: Do not annoy, torment, molest, badger, harass, irk, tease or ruffle the Dragon. To him your are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Hat, it is almost beer thirty.

Polaraco tje gray haired army marches on hut hut hut.

Have a good un,
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Davey, it is... I'm on the left coast, so my beer:30 is later than yours...

I'm enjoying a cold one right now.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Polaraco tje gray haired army marches on hut hut hut.

Have a good un,
Only if Lary and Chaikwa leads the cadence

Leaft leaft left right leaft

Gee I just realized I can't remember any army ones.

Maybe MadHat would be kind enough to lead us in a even cadience

I just remember "this is a 30 Caliber gas operated, semi-automatic Rifle" Don't ask me my serial. . . I lost in on the plane ride back

Quick Reply: BREAKROOM - Midnight Snack July 31-Aug 6