Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom for the Brave 8-7 to 8-13, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That's my face a lot of times here on the DTR.

Mornin again, folks. Done with the CFT, did good. Weigh in tomorrow and it's home free after that.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
That's what I'm talking about. Like the song says, I'm too sexy for my hair.
Your hair got embarrassed by your looks and left
Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Oops traumatized Blake. Lemme see here....

Oh I mean us wives got together and had pillow fights.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Lunch Munch time,
Brisket sammich, hot,baked potato 'tater salad, a waste not want not lunch.

I stand back on the side lines and cheer for the winner in the hair contest.
Also I was to the mop crop chop shop this morning. Hair and beard neatly trimmed for work next week. Too bad I didn't take pix.

That pix at the computer screen looks like me, when I look an my checking account.

Looks like the "ya but" war has started.

Scotty been messing with the ph00 pot again.

Have a good un and stay kewl.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, dolly is done. Man it's hot outside. I do all my welding and metalwork wearing a nomex flight suit so I don't catch myself on fire. My dri-fit workout gear really doesn't feel good until I get out of the suit.

Anyway, it's good. Also, I still need a chop saw.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Oh I mean us wives got together and had pillow fights.
Name:  1313007391213-1.png
Views: 11
Size:  11.1 KB
Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
DTR Mom

viral "love"?

blake, man, you better go back home.

shorts- esh! can honestly say i have not and never will do that.

have been in the barracks when the guys did though...
no seperate quarters then for females (ft drum ny tank hill for any old guys)
Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, this wasn't exactly the most productive day I've ever had. Was going to spend the day sawing logs... I got one done. First, the winch I use to turn the logs decided it didn't wanna operate anymore. Went and got a new one, had to make modifications to make it fit because I couldn't find one the same as what I had. Next, I found a mouse had made a nest in the throttle linkage assembly and wouldn't let me bring the engine up to speed. It didn't want to leave either! I ended up chasing the stoopid thing around the carriage and headrig until I finally soaked him with Brake Kleen than slammed him with a shovel after he staggered to the ground. Finally, after starting at 8AM, I actually started to saw around noon. Halfway thru sawing the first, (and what would turn out to be the last), log, the headrig decided it didn't wanna go up and down anymore. For some reason the motor that runs the whole mill isn't charging the battery anymore, so I threw a quick charge into the battery from the battery that runs the winch, (which was fully charged) and got the rest of the log done but by that point the battery was almost dead again and the headrig didn't want to raise. At this rate I might get thru my pile of logs by Christmas.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

KIlroy was here

The Scotch hit the spot
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dang, Scott... that sucks, man. I have days like that, quitting and starting over is not an option...

Decent day. Gonna relax for a few, then hit some chores.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madhat
Dang, Scott... that sucks, man. I have days like that, quitting and starting over is not an option...
Yep, and apparently the day ain't over...

Just opened a box of CPR/1st Aid training books that the UPS guy delivered about 20 minutes ago. They're the old curriculum, not the new that they just came out with this year. The idiots at the National Safety Council strike again! Thank God I don't teach that many of their classes for them because there's always some screw up like this and they always wait until the last minute to ship materials to us. I guess the Michigan DEQ will be learning an out-dated standard tomorrow.

I don't really care I guess, but I like to at least TRY to do a decent job, y'know?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Dang it Scott what a rough day.. I'll have a Jack n coke for ya

Evening gang. Cut the grass today
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well, this wasn't exactly the most productive day I've ever had. Was going to spend the day sawing logs... I got one done. First, the winch I use to turn the logs decided it didn't wanna operate anymore. Went and got a new one, had to make modifications to make it fit because I couldn't find one the same as what I had. Next, I found a mouse had made a nest in the throttle linkage assembly and wouldn't let me bring the engine up to speed. It didn't want to leave either! I ended up chasing the stoopid thing around the carriage and headrig until I finally soaked him with Brake Kleen than slammed him with a shovel after he staggered to the ground. Finally, after starting at 8AM, I actually started to saw around noon. Halfway thru sawing the first, (and what would turn out to be the last), log, the headrig decided it didn't wanna go up and down anymore. For some reason the motor that runs the whole mill isn't charging the battery anymore, so I threw a quick charge into the battery from the battery that runs the winch, (which was fully charged) and got the rest of the log done but by that point the battery was almost dead again and the headrig didn't want to raise. At this rate I might get thru my pile of logs by Christmas.

Ok. Im sorry but the thought of you chasing a mouse with a shovel wile the poor little fella jukes and jives for its life had me laughing loud enough to wake the neighbors this morning.

Look at the bright side, at least you didnt have to deal with any gubment idiots at all during that.....

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Yep, and apparently the day ain't over...

Just opened a box of CPR/1st Aid training books that the UPS guy delivered about 20 minutes ago. They're the old curriculum, not the new that they just came out with this year. The idiots at the National Safety Council strike again! Thank God I don't teach that many of their classes for them because there's always some screw up like this and they always wait until the last minute to ship materials to us. I guess the Michigan DEQ will be learning an out-dated standard tomorrow.

I don't really care I guess, but I like to at least TRY to do a decent job, y'know?
Oh wait, nevermind.

Morning Yall

Coffee is on. Put the rest of Scotts BrakeKleen in it. Mmmmm...... Tangy.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Polaraco
KIlroy was here

The Scotch hit the spot
Had a taste of Glenlivet myself last night. Sounds like the janitor is about ready to turn Amish.

Coffee's ready again. I'll be validating the backs of my eyelids this morning. If it appears that I'm napping, rest assured I am not, so just carry-on with your business.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Morning.

Today is Thursday, August 11th.

On this day in 1909 - The American ship Arapahoe became the first to ever use the SOS distress signal off the coast of Cape Hatteras, NC.

1934 - Alcatraz, in San Francisco Bay, received federal prisoners for the first time.

1942 - During World War II, Pierre Laval publicly announced "the hour of liberation for France is the hour when Germany wins the war."

1945 - The Allies informed Japan that they would determine Emperor Hirohito's future status after Japan's surrender.

1965 - Riots and looting took place in the Watts section of Los Angeles, CA. During the week that followed 34 people were killed. In addition, over 1,000 were injured, 3,000 were arrested and over $40 million in damage was done.

1975 - The U.S. vetoed the proposed admission of North and South Vietnam to the United Nations. The Security Counsel had already refused to consider South Korea's application.

1984 - U.S. President Ronald Reagan was preparing for his weekly radio broadcast when, during testing of the microphone, the President said of the Soviet Union, "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you that I just signed legislation that would outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

1992 - In Bloomington, MN, the Mall of America opened. It was the largest shopping mall in the United States.

1998 - British Petroleum became No. 3 among oil companies with the $49 billion purchase of Amoco. It was the largest foreign takeover of a U.S. company.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Time to go play at the DEQ.

Quick Reply: Breakroom for the Brave 8-7 to 8-13, 2011