Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom for the Brave 8-7 to 8-13, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mornin' All!

I'm at work again or still is probably a better definition. I think I've had more OT than straight time in the last couple of days if thats even possible. Sleep is apparently optional. The good news is that just about everyone I worked with for the last few day has re-certified without issue. The couple of them that didn't aren't far off. Not too bad considering the department hasn't spent/allotted ANY time or $$$ for training the last few years.......

Oh well, I just need some coffee to get going.

Like several others in here, summer is definitely over. The State fair started on Friday so it'll start raining anytime now, then snow......
Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Devil you. . . You don't want to be on vacation with us. You wanna watch? Pretty boring. .. .

I've already done my Canuck Stint this year. My little French Pigme is an American for another year. I am working on going that way though. I have another friend living in Calgary. He owes me money
Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Mornin' all,

Good news, some of the people that visit the break room, drink the coffee and ph00 eat the donuts, and play with the Dragon have gone on to live nearly normal lives. Not sure what happened to the rest of them.

All you hit the road, get out of towners have fun filled safe trips. FO gets some neat expense paid vacations.

Packing in the rain from camping, not fun. Done that a few times. This is camping, sleeping under the wings in sleeping bags with huff and puff thin air mattresses with 4 small kids. This is in remote locations. Had fun tho. No internet or cell phones in them days.

IMHO it would be fun to meet anyone from here on vacation. Or for coffee or whatever.

Ofcmarc, OT make big bucks in your spare time. You got your re-certified done yet?

Scotty, just send some rain down this way, keep the hail. Take care of yourself.

Polaraco enjoy your well deserved vacation. Take your wife out on dates.

Lunch much time. Blogdog sammich and ,tater salad. Made extra, left on the counter. Made fresh ph00 used to make iced mocha and in fridg. Pitcher of sweet tea on counter also.

Cincy, that is on going information you reported.

ShortR have a good trip to Ft Hood. Be safe there.

Read the trivia of the day. and THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Lots of reason for the helmets. Keep the head warm, keep their hair out there eyes, keep there ears from flapping in the wind. And they look kewl.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Late howdy to all.
Had b-day party/picnic for the 1 yr old grand-daughter yesterday.
Daughter and S-I-L headed back home (3 hr drive) about an hour ago.

Time to relax, clean up and figure out what's happening this week.

3 year Union contract with the Company expired Sat @ midnight.
Company is 'offering' to cut pensions, cut retiree health care, increase manditory overtime, and increase out of pocket expenses for employee and family health care.

Union said "thanks.....but no thanks."

USA based Verizon Communications has announced a 2.8 percent rise in its second-quarter revenues of US$27.5 billion compared to a year ago. Last year's results included revenues from operations that have since been divested.
We are currently on strike.
We're not asking for more, just trying to keep a slice of the pie that we helped create.

Got a 'cushion' set aside.
Hope it's not loooooooooong unpaid vacation.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
3 year Union contract with the Company expired Sat @ midnight.
We are currently on strike.
So I guess the on-going dispute we have with them because some brain trust decided to close our account and now we can no longer pay the bill on-line and must go to a Verizon service center, (which is in New England), and the unpaid balance continues to accrue interest, will not be resolved anytime in the near future, will it?

I just read an article that stated Verizon had the biggest, fastest networks with the most satisfied customers of any other telephony company in North America. I haven't seen that side of them yet.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
Bought another truck to replace Clifford (the 01 model that DIL totaled). Got an '07 SLT Big Horn 3500 four door long bed. 5.9 w/6 speed. Local truck. 70K miles. Well maintained. ~80% highway miles pulling a 2 horse trailer. Anything I need to know and or look out for on the 3rd (?) generation?
Bruce!! Good to see you, man.

No, the 07's were pretty nice. It's not a mega cab? Man, you got a nice truck, but that would have made it nicer. I think the only real issues with the 07 were ball joints and steering issues, and the AC's like every other dodge. You may not have any problems at all. Is it 2wd or 4 wd? Just go to a dealer and have them bring up the maintenance history. DO NOT let them do the park reverse honk recall if they have not done it yet, or the J-35 recall. The J-35 is still out for debate, but it alleged ruins fuel mileage pretty bad. I don't think it affected the 07's, but I'm just saying it to be sure.

Originally Posted by Scotty
After being at work for a few hours I was informed that my co workers wife's Ford Edge was almost wrecked by the hail we got. Then I am told that the plows had to come out to clear the highways and there was over 24" of quarter to baseball sized hail on the ground in many areas.
Why... in... the... do you live there? There are much better places to live!

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Like several others in here, summer is definitely over. The State fair started on Friday so it'll start raining anytime now, then snow......
Yeah... uh, no. Summer is just getting... 'warmed up' in Yuma. 97* at 0815 today. Luckily, I'm still in so cal...

Originally Posted by dssimecek
IMHO it would be fun to meet anyone from here on vacation. Or for coffee or whatever.
I have met a lot of people from the forum, but heed this advice: get to know them a little better on a personal level before you bring them to your house and everything... I've met some great people here, but I've also met a few wacko's. Everything seems fine on the forum, but then they look like chaikwa, smell like chaikwa, and act like chaikwa... you just can't have that.

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Got a 'cushion' set aside.
Hope it's not loooooooooong unpaid vacation.
Hey, buddy... I saw that in the news the other day. Good luck. I might need it soon, too... the cushion, I mean.

Afternooner, all. Sorry I skipped out last week, got busy.

Duty last night, cleaning the room now and getting ready for next week. Only one full week left, then we grad on Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madhat
Everything seems fine on the forum, but then they look like chaikwa, smell like chaikwa, and act like chaikwa... you just can't have that.
SMELL like me? Just where have you had your nose?

I might need it soon, too... the cushion, I mean.
Yeah, you're gonna need a cushion awright. To SIT on right after I get done whoopin' your !

Dang whipper-snappers!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I only pick on my friends...
Old 08-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Administrator

I'm honored that you'd place me in that category!

I'm still gonna whup you.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

I see someone took the lid off the jar
Old 08-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I'm honored that you'd place me in that category!

I'm still gonna whup you.
You better back a lunch, hairy.

Originally Posted by Polaraco
I see someone took the lid off the jar
I see someone broke the glass on the old army dog's case and let him out...
Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Administrator

You better back a lunch, hairy.
Sorry, I can't afford to feed you too!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Adaminak
Yatzee! Outside Pole.
Beanie! Inside Hole.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Yeah, they get paid appropriately for the cost of living.
Interesting stuff. Wonder if health care and stuff applies if you arent a citizen.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I just read an article that stated Verizon had the biggest, fastest networks with the most satisfied customers of any other telephony company in North America. I haven't seen that side of them yet.
Ive been happy with them but I dont have text or data and my acct is out of CA since they dont have a plan for my area.

I've met some great people here, but I've also met a few wacko's.
Did I mention that we will probably be coming through Yuma again on our way to Quartzsite this Feb? We have a rendezvous with the Mother Ship.
`
Old 08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
We have a rendezvous with the Mother Ship.
They aren't sending that old broke down piece of garbage from Yorb again are they? Just once I'd like to get on one of their ships that will do at least warp 8!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Bark
Interesting stuff. Wonder if health care and stuff applies if you arent a citizen.
I think it does to a point.
I know a scotsman that has lived there and is married to a Norweigian lady and I he is fully covered.
If its just your family moving to Norway as long term residence. It seems like I read somewhere that Norway requires you to have like $50,000 deposited in a Norway bank. This is to prevent norway from being like the UK where everyone from eastern europe moves there long enough to get treatment or have a kid. The $50K is there to cover major medical instead of draining the system the citizens have built.

Quick Reply: Breakroom for the Brave 8-7 to 8-13, 2011