Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom*8-4to8-10* What a Party!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Spent a little time in the hospital last week... go back next Wednesday to have my shoulder rebuilt.
Frail little thing, ain'cha?

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
We all noticed your absence except for Chaikwa. He isn't playing nice lately, personally I think he is trying to pass a peach pit.
I'M not playing nice? How 'bout I change your password and don't tell you what the new one is? You can PM me to get it. Oh! That's right! That wouldn't work, would it? Sucha shame!

Mornin' rest of yiz.

Today is Thursday, August 8th.

1844 - After the killing of Joseph Smith, Bringham Young was chosen to lead the Mormons.

1876 - Thomas Edison received a patent for the mimeograph. The mimeograph was a "method of preparing autographic stencils for printing."

1899 - The refrigerator was patented by A.T. Marshall.

1911 - The number of representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives was established at 435. There was one member of Congress for every 211,877 residents.

1940 - The German Luftwaffe began a series of daylight air raids on Great Britain.

1945 - During World War II, the Soviet Union declared war on Japan.

1953 - The U.S. and South Korea initiated a mutual security pact.

1974 - U.S. President Nixon announced that he would resign the following day.

1978 - The U.S. launched Pioneer Venus II, which carried scientific probes to study the atmosphere of Venus.

1989 - The space shuttle Columbia took off from Cape Canaveral, FL. The trip was said to be a secret five-day military mission.

1990 - American forces began positioning in Saudia Arabia.

2000 - The submarine H.L. Hunley was raised from ocean bottom after 136 years. The sub had been lost during an attack on the U.S.S. Housatonic in 1864. The Hunley was the first submarine in history to sink a warship.

Today's thought:
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.

C0ffee and ph00 are ready.

Fuzzy fritters on the counter.

Say a prayer and have a few good thoughts for B0b & family today!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Frail little thing, ain'cha?

I'M not playing nice? How 'bout I change your password and don't tell you what the new one is? You can PM me to get it. Oh! That's right! That wouldn't work, would it? Sucha shame!
The Syphilis you got from the sheep is really starting to get to your head.. No one likes a mean fluffy critter
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin

Had some trouble with older siblings mollycoddling my last 2 boys. Hadn't learned to swim at 8 and 10. Told them I would teach them in 30 days, then take them out to deep water and throw them overboard. They sputtered a day or two, then got serious. When the promised day came they dove off the boat on their own.
I learned to swim in the same manner....Dad took me about 5 miles off shore and tossed me out of the boat

When it was all said and done the swim wasn't really all that bad......getting out of that burlap sack with those chains on and all the rocks added for ballast, made it tough going for a bit......but I made it home all 3 times
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning roomies.

Cindy! Why are you in the hospital? Is that the injury you got being tackled by Tball players?

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I learned to swim in the same manner....Dad took me about 5 miles off shore and tossed me out of the boat

When it was all said and done the swim wasn't really all that bad......getting out of that burlap sack with those chains on and all the rocks added for ballast, made it tough going for a bit......but I made it home all 3 times

Oh Shorts, you don't know how bad I wish I could do that! Guess I need to buy a boat just to make it legit when it rolls into the lake.
Trad, just say the GPS did it
Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning all - - warm and slushy day down this way - - OH yeh, forgot, it is August in Florida. Working in the lanai trying to wrap up the last little things. Still have the stoops to pour and paver, but most else is done.

Originally Posted by jhenson
Bob, hope you're family is fairing well.......especially your granddaughter!!!!! All the bad stuff has to come to end with that mess!

There is more bad news about stuff happening with infants here but I'm way too down to talk about it right now. I just don't understand how anyone could do anything to a child.......it's just downright implorable!!!!!!

God Bless all the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
We are on schedule with treatments and results. They seem happy with the results, but I sure shed a few everytime I see a picture of her - - that ain't my little girl. Sad. Things seem to have settle down in this new living quarters and getting to a regular pace. They at least have enough space to not crawl over each other trying to get to the john. ....................our daughter seems to have worked out her schedule out there - - she was frustrated at first, but seemed happier on the phone yesterday. The little one seems happy to have her there - - she is getting more attention now and Kim plays with her when the twins are asleep.

Oh are you not sharp today - - funny man. I got hit by a large surge (won't call it a wave) in Lake Michigan when I was 5 - - put me under and I came up sputtering, coughing a yelling. I had wandered out to my neck with no one around. I decided right then my next task was learn to swim. I was floating and swimming in my little inflatable pool within a week. Then dad took me back to the big water to try it out - - did great.

OK, back to work - - have a good one.

Bob
Old 08-08-2013, 12:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hola all and sundry. Sitting in the lounge at the Mexico City airport waiting for my flight flight to Toronto. Brought a book to read, but just going back a couple of pages here is more entertaining than any book. You guys and gals are a hoot with all the scrapes and shenanigans you get into.

Not going to be checking in here too often for many months because my truck is now back in hibernation and I will be back in China. Will touch base here once in a while just to see what is happening and to add to my edumakashun.

Gotta run, see y'all l8tr.

Ciau.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hola all and sundry. Sitting in the lounge at the Mexico City airport waiting for my flight flight to Toronto. Brought a book to read, but just going back a couple of pages here is more entertaining than any book. You guys and gals are a hoot with all the scrapes and shenanigans you get into.

Not going to be checking in here too often for many months because my truck is now back in hibernation and I will be back in China. Will touch base here once in a while just to see what is happening and to add to my edumakashun.

Gotta run, see y'all l8tr.

Ciau.

Hey Stan, hope you have a good flight. I know heading out isn't fun so you hang in there. Don't eat too many peanuts on the flight. Take care man
Old 08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, storms ran me out of the lanai before I finished the tasks for today. Wow, the lightning was cracking around here for a good half hour. I am used to it, but it even made me nervous. Come to Tampa Bay if you love lightning storms - - my kids go crazee in storms - - they love them. My older son took his wife, put our little 10' flat bottom boat in the water, got in it, tied up to our dock and were going nuts in the middle of a hurricane. They are both crazee. They finally sank it and had to swim to shore. The waves at the dock were at least 5'. The big boat was really getting with it - - the little boat was like a cork. Nuts - - that is what they are. The other two are just as bad. ................................

HEY - - GREAT NEWS. Go up to Prayer Requests and read my post. Absolutely amazing news from our son this afternoon - - we are singing the Hallelujah chorus around here. Wow.

OK, I will grab some ph00 and get out of here. Too wound up to sit much. Maybe go work some off on the treadmill - - yeh. See ya morry,

HappyBob
Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Come on down little brother! we can take turns showing them how to light up the dance floor! Leggs like ours is made for Dancing!

Afterwards we can go hide the Grooms car in the pool
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Both of you are on the list! I expect some major legg dance lessons!
I'm in! The pool.
I remember one time at a bachelor's party and the groom to be had too many wobbly pops. I accidentally tied him into a bus seat we bolted into my truck bed. Then we hit the highway for about an hour. Had to stop to clear the grasshoppers off the windshield. I never thought he was getting hit that bad til we looked at him. Welts from his chest up.

I still try to dance a good dance even if I tend to bump into folks a bit aggressively.
Put your right LEGG in put your right LEGG out now go clean your shoe.

Made it to Sedona yesterday. Over in Albuquerque tonight. North Platte NE tomorrow...maybe.
Hand calculated 70 mph 23.2 mpg. Don M did an awesome job on the sticks!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Made it to Sedona yesterday. Over in Albuquerque tonight. North Platte NE tomorrow...maybe.
Hand calculated 70 mph 23.2 mpg. Don M did an awesome job on the sticks!
Albequerque to North Platte- that'll about take you right by me. Just looked it up, going to North Platte, the interstates are shorter. Coming here, it's shorter to go on east to route 54 and come up that way. You going to head north up 83 from there? I shouldn't be working Saturday, if'n ya got a little time. I'm overdue for a trip to the Bailey Yards to watch the trains from the tower too.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
HEY - - GREAT NEWS. Absolutely amazing news from our son this afternoon - - we are singing the Hallelujah chorus around here.
That IS great news! Thanks to everyone for keeping them all in your thoughts and prayers! That stuff DOES work and you just proved it!

Morning!

It is Friday, August 9th.

1678 - American Indians sold the Bronx to Jonas Bronck for 400 beads.

1790 - The Columbia returned to Boston Harbor after a three-year voyage. It was the first ship to carry the American flag around the world.

1831 - The first steam locomotive began its first trip between Schenectady and Albany, NY.

1859 - The escalator was patented by Nathan Ames.

1892 - Thomas Edison received a patent for a two-way telegraph.

1910 - A.J. Fisher received a patent for the electric washing machine.

1944 - The Forest Service and Wartime Advertising Council created "Smokey the Bear."

1945 - The U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki. The bombing came three days after the bombing of Hiroshima. About 74,000 people were killed. Japan surrendered August 14.

1945 - The first network television broadcast occurred in Washington, DC. The program announced the bombing of Nagasaki, Japan.

1974 - U.S. President Richard Nixon formally resigned. Gerald R. Ford took his place, and became the 38th president of the U.S.

1985 - Arthur J. Walker, a retired Navy officer, was found guilty of seven counts of spying for the Soviet Union.

2001 - U.S. President George W. Bush announced he would support federal funding for limited medical research on embryonic stem cells.

2004 - Trump Hotel and Casion Resorts announced plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Today's thought:
We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.

Coffee & ph00 are ready!

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming for B0b, Ianna and their family. While it's nothing short of a miracle, she's still not outta the woods yet and has to undergo more procedures that no child should have to experience or endure.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 AM

Morning. Pour me...pour me...pour me another cup of coffee.

Bob, very good news. That's how to set off a Friday!

Chaikwa, any barbacoa tacos in here?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Shorts, you sound a bit like my sister. She was complaining the other morning that there was too much blood in her coffee stream. Totally confused me for a second and then she explained that means 'I need a coffee!!!!'
Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Shorts, you sound a bit like my sister. She was complaining the other morning that there was too much blood in her coffee stream. Totally confused me for a second and then she explained that means 'I need a coffee!!!!'
I like her style.

I was just thinking about you. Jus got home from grocery shopping. My drive route takes me to the corner where the snow cone stand is located. "Hmmm??", said I
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the good news Bob, I just read your post, and now I hear this "hallelujah" in my head

Not that it matters, I like that song, and it blends nicely with the other voices in my head

Vacation is over, so I´m back at Work but still not finished with my new cave, but it is getting done, and it will be great...
Have a great weekend.

Slev

Quick Reply: Breakroom*8-4to8-10* What a Party!