Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom*8-4to8-10* What a Party!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:20 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakroom*8-4to8-10* What a Party!

Better than July 4th! The month of August is full of fun stuff like Sun burn, Jellyfish stings and Poison oak.
Also, there is still time to get a flaming marshmallow stuck to your back or a fishhook stuck in your eyebrow.
So enjoy yourselves, lean back in that plastic chair and whack your head on the bbq grill when it breaks.
And please,, Don't forget,, when you get ready to do something cool, remember to put your beer down and say Hey, Watch This!!!

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Off to get fitted for a tux, cya.
We noticed and just in case you missed it:
Originally Posted by Bark
Going to McDonalds is still a pretty big deal for ya isn't it.
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Newest thing in eastern New York Truckie turnout gear?
Its your own fault. What the heck do you need with a tux? (notice the emphasis on you).
If it was chaikwa we would assume it was because he found a new welder, others because they bought some new livestock but what the heck are you going to wear a tux for?

Originally Posted by j_martin
I fergot, we're DTronians, not truckers.
Its not that we are prudes, but we are very concerned with maintaining the proper decorum, propriety and other related crap.
(I love that we can say that word but not ****)

Originally Posted by Scotty
I have a rare mustang GT on my trailer;
Yikes! Hope they know how much that stresses you (We know you like old cars). Hope it goes well.

Originally Posted by jhenson
Yes.....you CAN work hard enough in college
The good news is that like an egg, once you fry your brain you can still---uh---crud. I don't remember where I was going with this.

Anyway, yet another week
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, can't believe it - - - another week in the hopper. Been home over a week now - - seems like longer, yet also shorter. Didn't get enough done - - too much on the mind, not working efficiently. Gotta do better.

(We know you like old cars). Hope it goes well.
Anyway, yet another week
Reading this makes me remember stuff. My Seattle son has our old TBird. He grew up in that baby and it carried a lot of memories. I had to sit and just reminisce for a while when I was transporting it into the new property. Had to remove a portion of a wall in this outbuilding to make a new home for it - - I tacked the wall back into place - - he can make a door there.

OK, off to breakfast, then off to class and church. Up and at'em gang - - go to church - - start the week right. Have a great one.

Bob
ps: Bark - - I note you did not make coffee, ph00 or leave any goodies. I will make coffee and ph00 but didn't bring goodies. Opening the outhouse - - uhhhh- - - I mean 'coffee" carries with it certain responsibilities. You must accept these when you do such. Yeh, yeh, yeh -- I know - - shut up, Bob. ......................................
Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I fergot, we're DTronians, not truckers.
We are refined, civilized ladies and gentlemen. Well, most of us are anyway.

Originally Posted by jhenson
....go ahead Scottkwa and speak your mind.
I am far too gentlemanly to even consider such a thing!

Ok, I'm back and awake so I will open a new breakroom.
And you didn't do the coffee??? I should take away your posting privileges for a week!

Morning all. Thanks for making the coffee Bob!

Today is Sunday, August 4th.

1753 - George Washington became a Master Mason.

1790 - The Revenue Cutter Service was formed. This U.S. naval task force was the beginning of the U.S. Coast Guard.

1914 - Britain declared war on Germany in World War I. The U.S. proclaimed its neutrality.

1922 - The death of Alexander Graham Bell, two days earlier, was recognized by AT&T and the Bell Systems by shutting down all of its switchboards and switching stations. The shutdown affected 13 million phones.

1944 - **** police raided a house in Amsterdam and arrested eight people. Anne Frank, a teenager at the time, was one of the people arrested. Her diary would be published after her death.

1954 - The uranium rush began in Saskatchewan, Canada.

1972 - Arthur Bremer was found guilty of shooting George Wallace, the governor of Alabama. Bremer was sentenced to 63 years in prison.

1977 - U.S. President Carter signed the measure that established the Department of Energy.

1987 - The Fairness Doctrine was rescinded by the Federal Communications Commission. The doctrine had required that radio and TV stations present controversial issues in a balanced fashion.

1987 - A new 22-cent U.S. stamp honoring noted author William Faulkner, went on sale in Oxford, MS. Faulkner had been fired as postmaster of that same post office in 1924.

1990 - The European Community imposed an embargo on oil from Iraq and Kuwait. This was done to protest the Iraqi invasion of the oil-rich Kuwait.

1997 - Teamsters began a 15-day strike against UPS (United Parcel Service). The strikers eventually won an increase in full-time positions and defeated a proposed reorganization of the company's pension plan.

2009 - North Korean leader Kim Jong-il pardoned two American journalists, who had been arrested and imprisoned for illegal entry earlier in the year.

Today's thought:
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

The coffee & ph00 were already made by B0b this morning. Say a prayer for him and his family, and say one for yourself so that you may survive B0b's coffee!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...Bye
enjoy the. week.
Headed for Colorado Springs today.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Better than July 4th! The month of August is full of fun stuff like Sun burn, Jellyfish stings and Poison oak.
Also, there is still time to get a flaming marshmallow stuck to your back or a fishhook stuck in your eyebrow.
So enjoy yourselves, lean back in that plastic chair and whack your head on the bbq grill when it breaks.
And please,, Don't forget,, when you get ready to do something cool, remember to put your beer down and say Hey, Watch This!!!

We noticed and just in case you missed it:
Its your own fault. What the heck do you need with a tux? (notice the emphasis on you).
If it was chaikwa we would assume it was because he found a new welder, others because they bought some new livestock but what the heck are you going to wear a tux for?

Its not that we are prudes, but we are very concerned with maintaining the proper decorum, propriety and other related crap.
(I love that we can say that word but not ****)

Yikes! Hope they know how much that stresses you (We know you like old cars). Hope it goes well.

The good news is that like an egg, once you fry your brain you can still---uh---crud. I don't remember where I was going with this.

Anyway, yet another week

McDonald's here has a strict dress code! . Got fitted for my daughters wedding. We had the jack and Jill last night, great time. It was packed, now I'm with my grand daughter looking up movie times for the smurfs. Glad I was a good boy last night.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all from Paradise. Another glorious day down here. Am I boring you? Yeah, I know, most days being so glorious does get boring. It did rain a bit early in the evening, but that makes everything look extra nice this morning.

Bark, thanks for opening the break room, but shame on you for not being considerate of the rest of us and making the coffee and ph00. Where are the goodies that everybody likes, especially on a lazy Sunday morning? Yeah Scott, go ahead and punish him!!!!!! Bet you did not even sweep out the breakroom or clean the toilets.

Was out with the truck yesterday for about a 200 km run and now see that there is a very small oil leak. Looks like P/S fluid because the steering mechanism and the front pumpkin is oily. Took a quick look from underneath, but could not see anything obvious. Not down on P/S fluid, so the leak is small. Just enough to make a mess. The fix is going to have to wait until the end of the year because I am presently getting ready to leave for the other side of the world again. Leave early Thursday morning and do not get back until some time in November or December.

BTW, talking of P/S, wonder how many of you use a P/S fluid filter? After I installed my 3rd P/S pump I also added a spin on oil filter. Been running this now for close to two years.

Not looking forward to my Thursday departure and that loooonnng trek. A 3 hour daybreak bus ride to the Mexico City airport, wait for the flight, then a 4.4 hour flight to Toronto, stay overnight, then the over 12 hour flight to Beijing, (about my 10th trip into Beijing) wait and hope my flight leaves on time, or at all, (it is the last flight of the day) then a 1.5 hour flight to the air pollution of Shenyang. Arrive "home"shortly before midnight. The only consolation is that this is my last trip to China. Never again!

L8tr.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:05 AM
DTR Mom

Good Morning Car-nivores!
mmmmmTbirds! Mustangs! and Olds442s oh my!

my brother had some nice muscle cars, a parade of practical cars from my dad and as a family, we owned all different styles of Gremlins. hehehe would love to have them all back now. biggest regret is I gave away a 68 Camaro convertible cause a boyfriend was too lazy to move it and it got towed. I deserve every whack. my favorite car was a triumph tr-6. bought it at a police auction out of the Niagara river. fixed it all up by my stupid self and drove it to Tennessee. tractor trailer lug nuts look awesome at 70mph.

yes, lazy day today. last night: 19 seconds at barrel racing- 16 seconds by a 8 year old on a pony. tough to be old. team penning went better but beat by real cowboys. 42 seconds to their 30 seconds. looked like a great party starting but I was whupped and did not drink enough water. got to sit on a bull's back for stock test. pure muscle and all business. you do not have to
get that animal in the right frame of mind for competition. they do actually get ticked off at people and will head right for that certain one. so glad I got that experience! talking with real cowboys was not too shabby either.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:09 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall. I feel like I should go change into my swimsuit and put on the flip flops. Can someone start the breakfast hotdogs please? I gotta go fill the kiddie pool for our furry friends in the group, and Jake and Chester.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM

The 11-87s have a great rep. I'm all about the shorter barreled lighter rifles. Us ladies need them a little downsized sometimes. I think an 18" shotgun barrel is just right.
I do better with a shorter pull. Or a really-long-eye-relief scope. When I have someone mount a scope for me I tell them mount it as far back as possible, and they still put it midway up where it can be mounted and it doesn't do me a whole lot of good.
You leave Bark alone!
He keeps telling you he's a dolt, not a big dumb critter.

Debating going up to where we knocked down all those trees over the winter and cutting some firewood there, or knocking down the trees out on the road bank so I can see north at the end of the driveway. Have some trees to cut right across the road, but not good for firewood. Don't know if it's poplar or cottonwood, but once it dries it can't be split, it's like hitting a piece of rotten wood with the axe.

I was offered all the wood I could haul, already cut and split, but it's a half hour west of Valentine. Four hour trip up there roughly. Need to get the front end rebuilt first. Don't know when that might be possible, found out I am on my own with that scale ticket yesterday.

Or I could go change the oil in the Amigo.

Or I could get some gas and work on getting the yard mowed.

Or I could just go back to bed.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:32 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

NE frmhnd: When in doubt,, Go back to Bed!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
- I note you did not make coffee,
Originally Posted by chaikwa
And you didn't do the coffee??? I should take away your posting privileges for a week!
Originally Posted by Mexstan
but shame on you for not being considerate of the rest of us and making the coffee
Hey! It was still the cocktail hour up here and I did clean up the dragon droppings. Besides, the sun was in my eyes and oh heck.... I should have at least got the pot ready.

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Got fitted for my daughters wedding. We had the jack and Jill last night, great time.
Neat stuff! Hope it goes stress free and fun.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
got to sit on a bull's back for stock test. pure muscle and all business.
I have never ridden. And never was that impressed until I got "roped" into helping hold one for release.
It was like hanging onto an explosion and I could feel the energy from that critter like electricity.
I would never do it and have a lot of respect for those that do.
However, I still do not care for bull fighting esp the muerte part and always root for the bull.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM

Just don't call a bull rider a cowboy. A cowboy is too smart to pull a dumb-ace stunt like that.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Howdy all..

BARK!! No coffee?? bad Bark Bad!!!, that's a slap with the rolled up newspaper if anything is...

Got an inch of rain since midnight, so still on down time for all teh outdoor projects, gee aint that too bad??

Got a Dr app. tomorrow, they're gonna scope me out and see if they can find my keys.. tempted to ask the Doc for a note for THE BOSS stating that they can confirm my head isn't up there as well...
Cant eat ANYTHING for the next 24 hrs, and the tummy is rumbling..
my metabolism is too high for this "fasting" stuff.. I WANT CAKE AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

OK off to whine to THE BOSS some more that they wont know if I have just one little piece of peach pie....will they???
Old 08-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Bark - so far your new breakroom hasn't been all that popular. Not a single post in almost 4 hours?!?!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Bark - so far your new breakroom hasn't been all that popular. Not a single post in almost 4 hours?!?!
NO coffee, no Phoo, no doughnuts.... of course no-ones coming in....

what dolt would start a breakroom off like that?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:45 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Chaikwa, how's Jake doing with his food?

Quick Reply: Breakroom*8-4to8-10* What a Party!