Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is bound to strike a nerve...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:This is bound to strike a nerve...

If it's so normal, why do they keep trying to convince us it's normal? Then again, maybe they are not trying to convince US afterall. Maybe they are trying to convince and reassure themselves.<br><br>Hmmmmmmm<br><br><br>DW
Old 06-26-2003, 08:14 PM

We had to explain this to our kids due to the openess here in Key West. That kind of &quot;lifestyle&quot; is real flagrant (sp) around here. The kids all think it is and know that it isn't something that our family believes is normal. Definately an awkward conversation.<br><br><br> Keep it in the closet ... and off of our streets and TV's &gt;<br><br>Resistingtheurgetobreakoutthegayjoke sPISTOL<br><br>
Old 06-26-2003, 11:27 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Just keep it clean!<br><br>Some time ago I noticed my kids using a word in an unusual way, they would say &quot;that's gay&quot; in a derogatory sense.<br><br>Chris
Old 06-27-2003, 07:15 AM

That isn't an &quot;unusual&quot; way to use the word. It is actually pretty accurate ... weird, strange, freakin' off the beaten path, wouldn't catch a normal person doin that ... yeah, they have it right.<br><br>PISTOL
Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 AM

My kids have a nice clean word to describe that type of behavior...EEEWWWWW
Old 06-29-2003, 10:21 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I was just struck by how the language changes. 8) They do have it right! Inspite of living in Californica my kids are doing alright. Of course, they aren't in gov'ment schools - if they were we'd be getting called in weekly for political correctness infractions. We'd have to go to sensitivity training and &quot;can't we all just get along&quot; indoctrination taught by some femoid, libdyke. <br><br>From the part of Ca that voted Bush
Old 06-30-2003, 01:45 PM

It never ceases to amaze me what we're supposed to tolerate being shoved down out throats (no pun intended.) What's next ... bestiality? May God help us all!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:40 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Actually I do not understand all the fuzz that is made about hte choice of gender for partners. Personally I believe that everybody should go for what he or she thinks is best as long as the partner is content too. (And of legal age of course)<br>I do also believe that you can not change my orientation on this topic using TV shows or commercials. I am all right with people following any kind of orientation as long as they do not want to force it on me. (Even if it is actually my preference)<br>I grew up knowing lots of gay people ( by chance there was a kind of gay club in the vicinity), and found them being just average in any respect except their preference. No one of them ever tried to get me into his bed ever until I was well over 20 when 1 guy who was completely drunk asked me.... I said no and this was it. <br>Some of these guys still are my acquaintances.<br>I am married . I am not gay. So what ?<br><br>Just wondering why this is raising tempers that much ???<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-30-2003, 05:13 PM

My wife and I met in Austin and lived there for about 1 year do to the fact our company was located there, not by choice. One night on the local news was a 30 minute show dedicating the new &quot;Gay Arts&quot; library. 1 month later I moved the whole family to New Braunfels as I did not want my child growing up around that kind of garbage. I won't even conduct business in that town ,what a bunch of freaks.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with AlpineRam on this one. As an adult dealing with other adults, it's of no concern to me. All of the gays I've known or currently know, either male or female, are just regular people. I'm not the oldest guy on this board by a long shot, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, either, and I've never met anyone I would describe as being &quot;militantly&quot; gay, or who opened any sort of conversation with the fact that they were gay. <br><br>On the other hand, if we're mainly talking about kids and TV, I don't think the parents of young children need to be put in the position of having to deal with any sexual topics at the whim of the people doing the programming.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Geeeeze,(slapping forehead with hand).....now I remember why I watch so little TV.

Gimme the History channel any day........... ;D

Old 06-30-2003, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been called very homophobic once or twice. I just dont agree with any of it. However, its there world, they can do what they like. But, keep it AWAY from me. <br><br><br>BTW Gonz..Tulsa is getting very bad as well. I think #2 on the list behind Atlanta
Old 06-30-2003, 07:49 PM

I'm not gonna get drawn into this.......I'm not gonna get drawn into this.... Oh alright!....I'm with jfpointer on this. There is a considerable amount of gay and lesbian folks where I work. My company prides itself on the diversity of races, religions, and orientations of it's employees, and has health care for people who can prove their life partner is just that regardless of whether they are of the same gender or not. Our gay employees are valuable members of our company and their orientation may not make itself know unless it may happen to be brought up in a conversation or by an intoduction to a partner. We don't walk around with our sexual orientation stamped on our ID badges. The majority aren't gay by choice, it's as normal to them to be attracted to the same sex as being a hetro is to you and me. I have never been treated with anything less than professionalism by our gay population in the workplace and all that I've worked directly with are a good bunch of guys and ladies. Of couse there's flamboyance and militancy among the gay population. I thought that's how any group makes itself know and keeps it's issues at the forefront. Tolerance and acceptance, that's all they want. Gentlemen, take a look at your buddy, your co-worker, or even your son. According to researcher Alfred Kinsey, there's 13% chance he is or is going to be gay. Tolerance and freedom. Sound familiar?
Old 06-30-2003, 08:39 PM

I don't have problem with adults being gay. I feel that's their choice, this is America and God will judge them when they die. It's not for me to judge.

What I DO have a problem with is gay men and gay women trying to teach our children that it's ok for him to unnatural things. This pisses me off more than anything else in this country!! I feel that if children are so confused you should take them to get professional help. NOT baby them along, letting them think it's ok.

I've also noticed how much opinions change depending on which part of the country you're in.

Edited By Moderator

Quick Reply: This is bound to strike a nerve...