Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Bought my truck back.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Bought my truck back.

It's a long story, but the guy I sold my truck to, could not keep it, so I have bought it back. Although he had it for a year, all he did with it was to take two long interstate trips. He never had a load in it and never towed anything.
Now I can go back to bombing it it the way I originally planned. Give me about six months, and the job should be almost complete.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome back into the fold. I hope fuel is cheaper there than up here.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexstan,
Not to change the subject,

I hear Mexico is turning into Columbia at this point with all the Narco/Cartel stuff going on.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thank you.
Just came back from a trip to Austin. Yikes, it hurts to fill up in Texas. Yup, diesel is considerably cheaper here in Paradise.
It is also a LOT cooler and dryer here. Man, I thought I was going to melt (or sweat to death) while I was up there.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back Stan!

John (DH)
Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Mexstan,
Not to change the subject,

I hear Mexico is turning into Columbia at this point with all the Narco/Cartel stuff going on.

Any thoughts on this?
Drugs are a bad scene anywhere, but so far have not seen anything like Columbia. The city in which I live is very much aware of the problems with drugs and is doing a lot to prevent the druggies coming in, especially from Mexico City. The only change I have noticed recently is that is is becoming more and more common to see a couple of cop cars stopping a car and pulling the car apart on the side of the road. Presume this to to find drugs.
A few of the border cities are another story and the druggies are killing one another. Good! The only bad thing is that in a couple of the border cities the runners are also targeting cops, reporters and lawers.
If the America's could find a way to stop their demand for drugs, there would no longer be a drug problem in Mexico.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Stan, glad to see you back in the Dodge again!

MikeyB
Old 05-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Amen!

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Drugs are a bad scene anywhere, but so far have not seen anything like Columbia. The city in which I live is very much aware of the problems with drugs and is doing a lot to prevent the druggies coming in, especially from Mexico City. The only change I have noticed recently is that is is becoming more and more common to see a couple of cop cars stopping a car and pulling the car apart on the side of the road. Presume this to to find drugs.
A few of the border cities are another story and the druggies are killing one another. Good! The only bad thing is that in a couple of the border cities the runners are also targeting cops, reporters and lawers.
If the America's could find a way to stop their demand for drugs, there would no longer be a drug problem in Mexico.
Good point on the appetite for drugs here. With the economy slowing it still doesn't seem to dent people's desire for that garbage. I work with a lady who returns to Chihuahua,her hometown twice a year. It's still nice there and the kids so far have resisted the drug temptation. Video games are another matter though.
Conversely,I rarely travel to Baja anymore due to the corrupt police and druggies gunning themselves down and taking innocents with them.I've got heaps of fond memories of empty waves and extremely resourcefull,friendly,people who went out of their way to help us with breakdowns,directions etc. I really miss it.