Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Books: what's everybody been reading lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Books: what's everybody been reading lately ?

What have ya'll been reading lately, not counting magazines and such ?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Structural Analysis
Elementary Hydraulics
Principals of Geotechnical Engineering
Principles of Environmental Engineering and Design
PCA Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
Materials for Civil and Highway Engineers

Oh, and Moss, Mules and Mallards

Have a good one.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

One Ranger....its the only thing Ive read in the past year, and Ive read it twice. For me to be interested in a book, especially twice, its gotta be good. I dont even have the attention span to sit through a 2 hour movie, but managed to read it. 10 stars from me...
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ WOW, I can't compete with that. But I just finish (for the third time) Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor and Excecutive Orders. In fact I just picked up a first edition hard-back Hunt for Red October. I've collected every Jack Ryan novel (except for Red Strom Rising) including the John Clark spin offs. Same goes for W.E.B. Griffin. I have the whole Men at War set, Brotherhood of War and the complete Corps series. Well, I'm still trying to get the first two of the Corps series, Semper Fi and Call to Arms. I did find those two, but the guy wanted $129 per book. Oh well, I'll keep searching.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Mostly Military stuff. IMO, the premier book on US Military History(one of my textbooks); "The American Way of War" by R. Weigly. Also, The old Breed, The New American Militarism, anything and everything about the USMC.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:08 PM

The autobiography of Jenna Jameson. Man that chick was WILD !!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by jbjarko
Mostly Military stuff. IMO, the premier book on US Military History(one of my textbooks); "The American Way of War" by R. Weigly. Also, The old Breed, The New American Militarism, anything and everything about the USMC.
The Old Breed by Eugene Sledge is an excellent book. Have you read the Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose? Also an excellent book. In fact I read a book just last year about "Chesty Puller". Man, for the life of me I can't remember the author. I'll have to dig through collection to finf it when I get home.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Yah. I have read a couple books by Ambrose. Good stuff. Sledge is definitely a character. That book really puts the casual reader on the battlefield. Not for a weak stomach.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Ain't that the truth...............
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM

Stuff I read in the last year:

LOTS OF Louis L'Amour
Against All Odds~Biography of Chuck Norris
How to Restore Your Farmall Tractor
All of the Left Behind Series~twice!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Just brought home my second Vince Flynn (Transfer of Power) as I enjoyed Term Limits a lot.

And I severely DIG W.E.B. Griffin. My local library just got a bunch more and I brought home Secret Honor this time.

I have most of the Jack Ryan and John Clark stuff by Clancy, as well as all manner of war fiction by various authors!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
1985 Mercedes 300 CD owners manual and Haynes manual for same, The Time of the Buffalo, Locomotive Breakdowns and Their Remedies, Following the Equator.

That's the last 3 weeks.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM

1632 Ring of Fire series. Very cool, a town in West Virginia is suddenly transported through time to 1632 and space to Germany. I am really enjoying the premise and the way its playing out.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM

The Endless Knot trilogy. I recommend a lot!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just read grass beyond the mountains and this winter I will start the second and hopefully the third books of the series. If any one has heard of this series its based on true story some of the ways the learned how to pack is crazy and how they packed all the hay equipment in the author of these books is Richmond P Hobson. I have a book at work that I read when its slow called Packing In On Mules N Horses great stuff in there talking about some people who packed a grand piano in to a remote cabin with nay a scratch only rope burns from the lash ropes.

Quick Reply: Books: what's everybody been reading lately ?