Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Would you treat me differently now that you know I'm not white???
yup
8.44%
nope
91.56%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting topic, gotta say, if we meet I'll buy you a coke (I don't drink so we need to keep it safe).
Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

Heck no.

Well, Desertram800, I'd classify those folks you ran into in the same category as the folks that just keyed ol' whats-his-names truck I just read about. I'm one to like everyone until they give me a reason not to. I can talk to any stranger reguardless of race or what-not for hours. It is those folks that are in the states ILLEGALLY that I have a problem with. Play by the rules, pay your taxes, and respect others like we all should do and we should get along just fine. I just hate supportin' those that don't play by the rules....but that is a political thread that could go on forever!

Don't mind them. Next time, just smoke their butts, and if you ain't bombed your truck yet, read this website for a few months and get something on your truck so you can make them eat thier words next time! They will have trouble yelling obscenities at you if they are looking at your tailgate.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM

This is actually really interesting hearing what everyone has to say, I didn't know that this was going to turn into a 5 page discussion, I feel like a rockstar!!! Yowza! I know that complaining about it doesn't help, and can actually sometimes be fueling the fire, but I was cranky like a little girl at the time and had to shed some tears to those who would listen! Hahah! Whatever you all believe, I respect your right to believe it, and don't hold any hard feelings for those 16, er...15 people. I know I'm guilty of sometimes judging people or stereotyping people too, so I can't hold a grudge, I just keep it to myself though!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM

Talking

Hey Brothers;
I mean you are all my brothers and sisters in the diesel truck arena!!!! After 20 plus years in the Navy, everyone is the same person and deserves the same treatment! We are all one here, but as i have learned that society doesn't always see it that way
Hope all of you all are well and staying warm. Right nippy here tonight in Va.
R/
Eric
Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Hey ENC! Good to see somebody else who knows what "haze grey and underway" means! I spent about two years out in the little creek/norfolk area. I loved VA beach and the damneck area!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NavyChief
Hey Brothers;
I mean you are all my brothers and sisters in the diesel truck arena!!!! After 20 plus years in the Navy, everyone is the same person and deserves the same treatment! We are all one here, but as i have learned that society doesn't always see it that way
Hope all of you all are well and staying warm. Right nippy here tonight in Va.
R/
Eric
Well, it might be "nippy" in VA, but I'm up here in Bath, ME waiting for the sunrise to visit BIW to upgrade some stuff on a Cruiser or two. It is 17F outside with wind chill at 3F. Us Okie's sure ain't used to this crap!

Originally Posted by desertram800
Hey ENC! Good to see somebody else who knows what "haze grey and underway" means! I spent about two years out in the little creek/norfolk area. I loved VA beach and the damneck area!
I knew when I saw your post that said you were in/around Port Hueneme, CA (that is Port "Wan-imi" for you non-navy affiliated types) you were in the Navy or something. And speaking of Damneck, I have to hang with of couple of yahoos from Damneck for the next two days. Maybe I can squeeze lunch out of them! Ya, right....DDG here we come....
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM

squeeze lunch out of a couple of navy guys??? More like they'll end up borrowing $20 till next payday!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM

desertram I have experienced the same behavior from other diesel owners, I spotted a nice 1st gen with stacks one afternoon so I figured I would pull up alongside a give him a thumbs up on a nice truck, well when he looked over a seen a blackguy driving a diesel he just looked the other way with a silly smirk on his face and tried to speed up, I also have gotten stupid commits from the local PD about my truck, like how come you dont have chrome rims, or brothers arent supposed to drive things like this the classic one however goes somethin like this, nice truck, is it yours, all I can say is laugh it off and just have some quick comebacks for em I can tell ya that I have meet a lot of the guys from the northeast section of DTR and these guys are great, very nice and will help you out at the drop of a dime, I also hang out with the TDR guys and really consider all of the coffee night guys great friends, so dont let stupidity bother ya, take care.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:53 PM

My grandpa always told me to ignore people like that whenever i ran into them because " those with the biggest mouths usually have the smallest minds" and i've seen time and time again that he was right
Old 01-11-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by strokerace
" those with the biggest mouths usually have the smallest minds"
That's a good one!!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 AM

.... tiny "winkies" too !!

PISTOL
Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 AM

Others have said it but I will add mine.

Thank you for your service, I retired 15 years ago with 20 in the Army. Though you serve in another branch we are all brothers and comrades in arms. I didn't know what prejudice was until I joined the service. I went to school with all the hyphenated Americans and had no problem with any of them except the ones with bad attitudes and the bullies of whatever color their skin was.

I believe you can tell that I believe that an American is an American regardless of their ancesteral roots. I associate with people that have the same interests as I do and not color. Needless to say in the Army I associated with all races, genders, and religions. Even in my current job I do the same. My former boss was of Japanese ancestery and a Baptist, one of my coworkers is of Thai ancestery and a Buddist. We still meet and go out for dinner with our wives/girlfriends.

My former boss also has one heck of a bunch of guns and we go shooting every so often because it is a common interest.

My coworker that is Thai is constantly approached by Hispanics and they start talking to him in Spanish. Needless to say he doesn't understand a word and that makes it really funny.

Hang in there and be who you are. Remember as others have said, those with the biggest mouths also have the smallest brains and other body parts.

By the way 1qckdodge, I wouldn't help you at the drop of a dime. It would take a quarter cause fuel is expensive here where I live.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:50 PM

it's not just the deisel crowd it's everywhere, over x-mas all my in-laws were at my house. as they start drinking and get anebreated they start using racial comments and it drives me up the wall. not one to ruin things for my wife i politly asked her to say something and please put an end to this.well she said something so things cooled off but they still were doing it. the next evening it started again and enough is enough! i had to say something cause my 6yr old girl asked " dad whats a N***** ?" and blood boiled, i was trying to keep my cool and wait till my wife got home to take care of things but i just couldn't. i went and sat at the table , and said " you know , in your house you can do or speak of anyone anyway you want to , but in my house we don't talk like this." i then went on to say ' and these poeple you call "N" and "Ch" and Pac , if it wasn't for these people , i wouldn't have a business , i wouldn't have a home and i also wouldn't be able to bail all of you uneducated,irresponsible ignorant red-neck wanna be's every time you get yourself in trouble " one of them started to open her mouth and sass me and i pointed at her and said" and you and your boyfriend are the worst!! you wouldn't even have a home cause i bailed you out 4k cause you didn't pay your mortgege! if it worn't for these people who are customers you would be living in a box some where so zip it" after that i said again ' we don't talk like this in my home, my wife already asked you to stop and now i'm telling you, and if you can't respect that your gonna leave" that did finally put and end to, but i was mr A-hole for a few days after that but i don't care cause i'm trying to install some morals for my kids , and wife when she found out was proud as punch of me and after she had a talk with all involved i recieved apologies from all offenders. (rant over) i employ about 45 people and the one who are always the most high maintanance, not showing for shifts, just causeing me greif are cacaisians. and oh yea i'm as white and north amaerican as anyone , there was a time and a place for this and that was a lonnggg time ago.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

dont act like a jack*** and i wont treat ya like one, dont matter what the color is.

for those speaking about being native american...i sometimes wish i had native american family, the culture and history is great, i love reading about it. all my time in Boy Scouts and The Order of the Arrow is kind of based on the native history. not a whole lot of nature, survival skills, stories, etc to learn from my great great grandparents who crossed the big river on a boat from europe.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:23 PM

SRT Chris, that certainly took some courage to do that, I definetly applaud your efforts to instil proper values and morals to your children!

Quick Reply: A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???