Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Would you treat me differently now that you know I'm not white???
yup
8.44%
nope
91.56%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derek840378
its ok, your not the only redneck asian. exhibit A, Jimmy **** Yang, WWE wrestler:

you're as welcome here as any of us
Oh man! That's great! I've never even heard of him before! Thanks for the feedback guys, I am now officially over being ****** off! I wish everyone was as open as you all. I usually don't let it get to me, I have pretty thick skin, I was just tired yesterday and a bit cranky to begin with! And as to IA James, are you a jarhead? Cause you know marines fall under the department of the navy, right? hahah!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
As a Native American, half the folks call me white( which is insulting in a way) and a few always seem to think that being indian means I am slow, stupid or "not as advanced".....
Insulted by being called white? Now I'm insulted that you are insulted!

I did not know that Native Americans are "advanced". Now I know!

You think it's tough being a Native Americain? Try being a green lizard!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see no reason

to treat anyone different because of color of skin, or stereotyping, That to me is something that should not be tolerated anywhere. Lemme ask u guys somethin

If u cut a darker skin human, and a white human, what color will they both bleed?

no reason to treat anyone differently unless they have given u a reason to treat them differently, I was always taught, treat people the way u want to be treated.. its something that i still live by...

Rick
Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by desertram800
Then I joined the Navy, I've served 6 and a half years and I'm still in.
Any man that joins the military service during a time of war has no color as far as I'm concerned, and no I don't mean clear.

Thank you for your service.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:19 PM

As a Native American, i have run into the " Hey Tonto " B.S. a few times...
A good come back would be; "You can address me as sir, if you find "your honor" too formal."

I have been chased, beaten, robbed, stabbed, hit by a car and drug for 2 1/2 blocks, called cracker, whitie, white ("N" word) honkey, (notice how we can't say the "N" word, but we can say honkey?) white trash, ect. Do I hold a grudge against their race? No, I just keep one eye on what is going on around me and who is around me.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geico266
You think it's tough being a Native Americain? Try being a green lizard!
Or even worse, a green lizard with a British accent.

phox
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM

As a Native American, i have run into the " Hey Tonto " B.S. a few times...
half the folks call me white( which is insulting in a way) and a few always seem to think that being indian means I am slow, stupid or "not as advanced".......

Having travelled a great deal and lived in 18 of the 48, I can just tell ya that there are ignorant people everywhere, and there are good people everywhere.....hopefully in teh long run they balance out.......
i can understand where you're coming from. i am about 1/4 Native American and whites tell me im not white enough and Native Americans tell me im not Native American enough. but im sure this is something that almost all mixed race people encounter
Old 01-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Im Canadian, we dont give a rats batoot what colour you are, as long as your not french Canadian hahahahahahahahahaha
Im joking if there are any frankaphones on here.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fiftygrit
Im Canadian, we dont give a rats batoot what colour you are, as long as your not french Canadian hahahahahahahahahaha
Even Canadians hate the French!

See that proves my point. We all "pre-judge" people cause of their nationality, race, type of truck they drive, which state they live in, how much money they got, whatever.

It's when you discriminate against those people that will get you in trouble. Pre-judging is perfectly legal, and smart!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Fiftygrit
Im joking if there are any frankaphones on here.
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

I get edit every once in a while, too. I'm Mexican and dress simply - blue jeans (Levi's, not Stranglers - my junk needs breathing room ) and T-shirts, usually with cars, truck, motorcycle, etc. on them, canvas Vans shoes, chain wallet, buzzed head and I usually need to shave. So I get looked down on every once in a while, usually by sales people (they think I'm broke) but I don't care. Half the time I don't even notice until my wife starts going off on them!

The street I live on is cool, it's like a mini United Nations. There are Mexican, Chinese, Phillapino, Indian, African American, African, and even some white people ! The block parties are awesome - all kinds of different food! And when you're fat like me that's a big deal!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:03 PM

haha ! sounds like I need to move to fontana!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 PM

what i cant believe is 9 people admitted they would treat you differently here on this site those people should be banned there is no need even for that kind of thinking on such a great board
Old 01-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
what i cant believe is 9 people admitted they would treat you differently here on this site those people should be banned there is no need even for that kind of thinking on such a great board
you cant ban them for their opinion no matter how different from the majority they may be
Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by desertram800
Cause you know marines fall under the department of the navy, right? hahah!
Yeah, the Women's department

Thanks for your service desertram800
~Rob
Old 01-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by derek840378
you cant ban them for their opinion no matter how different from the majority they may be

i know this but its just disheartening to know people still openly think this way about something so trivial

Quick Reply: A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???