Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Would you treat me differently now that you know I'm not white???
yup
8.44%
nope
91.56%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desertram800
Well, I'm asian. I was adopted by a white family... My dad is, well, I guess you'd call him a redneck.... and I was kind of raised that way. I grew up liking muscle cars, trucks, fishing, guns and all the usual stuff....
its ok, your not the only redneck asian. exhibit A, Jimmy **** Yang, WWE wrestler:

you're as welcome here as any of us
Old 01-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very prejudiced............against ALL stupid people, I don't care what color they are or what they drive!

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. For a long time, racism was not a big news maker. Now, with the problem with illegals from south of the border and with anyone who looks like they might be muslim, it has again brought out the worst in people.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:54 AM

I guess I won't use the word prejudice since that means a pre-concieved opinion or notion but color has nothing to do with my opinion of a person. Their attitude and what comes out of their mouth and how they conduct themselves in the presence of others is what I go by. I don't care for Illegal Aliens either but the ones that come here legally or OK with me as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by desertram800
Please, before reading this, I don't mean for anyone to take offense or anything, I'm just sharing some experiences I've had and wanted to get some feedback from you. I've experienced a few negative experiences with the diesel crowd, and I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys here on DTR. Ok, mabye I should have titled this "A blemish on the Big Truck Crowd". The diesel truck crowd is primarily made up of what, white males, right? Well, I'm asian. I was adopted by a white family when I was like 8 months old, and raised in CA. My dad is, well, I guess you'd call him a redneck, he listens to country and wears cowboy boots, and grew up on a cattle ranch up in Oregon, and I was kind of raised that way. I grew up liking muscle cars, trucks, fishing, guns and all the usual stuff. Then I joined the Navy, I've served 6 and a half years and I'm still in. And people have the nerve to call me a foreigner, or an illegal alien, or "not american"??? I know that diesel trucks have a bad reputation for redneck hillbilly types, but do people really have to live up to their stereotypes? I'm stopped at a red light today, and an older ford diesel pulls up next to me, and the guys in it start yelling things like "Hey, what'd you do to the white guy you stole that from?" and "hey boy, don't you know that you're supposed to be driving a honda?" and "go home" and stuff like that. This is not the first time I've put up with this, and I hate to say it but it's usually someone in a big truck, usually diesel, and usually a dang ford. My question is to you fellow DTR members, would you think any differently of me if you knew I was asian? Or would you give me EDIT for it? Sorry for the whining and crying, it's just that EDIT like that can really ruin a day!

Not to be a jerk or nothin, but if I were to be driving a 64 impala through the Bronx or South Phoenix i'd expect people to say similar crap to me.

Theres only two things you can do

You already know the stereotype so either A) avoid it. or B) get used to it.

It surely aint changing and its not just across the white race its across every race, every where. Some are welcoming, some are not.

Now, go home.

... I kid.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 AM

i have a friend , charles. drive a 99 dodge diesel and a fj40 rock crawler. i call him my asia redneck buddie. you are not the only one that has this delimia. i have know charles for 4 or 5 years and he seems to get along just fine. may be it's a texas thing.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

Heck no man, I don't care who you are, or what you look like, or what you drive........as long as you are a nice person that's all that matters in my book!!

~Nick
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Who cares what a person's race is? Can't fix stupid, like someone else said. I will not like someone for their actions toward me, not the color of their skin. And I am a white hillbilly redneck hick that drives a big, loud 4x4 truck, I'm sweaty and chew tobacco, and drink beer out of the can. (along with some other white trash traits that I will not mention.)

Long as you have a Cummins, you're good with me!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 AM

I don't much care if you're Asian. I would, however, find it tough to not hold being a squid against you.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:02 PM

"Ignorance runneth amuck."

Don't let it get to ya, brother ... rise above it and be the better man. You and I both know they are no better than you ... and so does anyone else whose opinion really matters.

I expect to hear these same concerns come from my daughter (Cambodian) living in the Ozarks. The wife, her 3 big brothers and I will all be right by her side in dealing with them ... just as we are for all of our friends who aren't as "chronically caucasian" as we are .

You are ALWAYS welcome at my house !!

PISTOL
Old 01-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Have You Been Handcuffed For It Yet?

I'm sure some of the Gents of African decent might ask If You've been handcuffed for it yet. Probably not! (So quit whining. edit) Use it to show them how stupid they are. "Redneck No Pay for Laundry, I Repo His Truck." Give as good as You get man. "Me need 2nd turbo for my Supra Round Eye. Den I run your Gramma Down during Street Race. Just like Grand Theft Auto. Ahhawhaw. G.T.A. G.T.A. G.T.A." "I can see the sides of your head man, better get to mullets r us and polish up that Camaro Crash Helmet" Use your best drawal and tell him his "Yer sister wouldn't date Me until she saw my Dodge. Now she put's out like My Dodge on Propane. Yehaw, she is one Super Booty Momma. Yea man, She thinks My Tractor's Sexy" (you might want to buy a gun before you use that last one.)

By the way I work with a guy who was born in South Korea and raised up here in Canada. He says Aisan's can't drive worth crap. They can't see. He is near sighted big time. -10 diopter (that's bad, I used to be -3.75) Hint Hint (that's the only reason I chimed in here.) harharhar Just kidding.

Two things rise to the top Man, Cream and Turds, unfortunate we have to all exist at this level together for awhile. Eventually turds become water logged and sink, so the stink dosen't stay for long. Darwin takes care of them, usually during a family reunion when they are so drunk they hit on their cousin and light themselves on fire while syphoning gas from their truck to light the BBQ. Ask "Do Yer Parents Have To Be Cousins To Buy a Super Duty?" I could go for day's, but I think you get the point that there is always room for a non-imbred, non retard such as yourself. Now go to yer uncles store and get us some beer's. No I'm just kidding. I brought a bottle. Let's Git'er done.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by qmcdt
I'm sure some of the Gents of African decent might ask If You've been handcuffed for it yet. Probably not! (So quit whining. edit) Use it to show them how stupid they are. "Redneck No Pay for Laundry, I Repo His Truck." Give as good as You get man. "Me need 2nd turbo for my Supra Round Eye. Den I run your Gramma Down during Street Race. Just like Grand Theft Auto. Ahhawhaw. G.T.A. G.T.A. G.T.A." "I can see the sides of your head man, better get to mullets r us and polish up that Camaro Crash Helmet" Use your best drawal and tell him his "Yer sister wouldn't date Me until she saw my Dodge. Now she put's out like My Dodge on Propane. Yehaw, she is one Super Booty Momma. Yea man, She thinks My Tractor's Sexy" (you might want to buy a gun before you use that last one.)

By the way I work with a guy who was born in South Korea and raised up here in Canada. He says Aisan's can't drive worth crap. They can't see. He is near sighted big time. -10 diopter (that's bad, I used to be -3.75) Hint Hint (that's the only reason I chimed in here.) harharhar Just kidding.

Two things rise to the top Man, Cream and Turds, unfortunate we have to all exist at this level together for awhile. Eventually turds become water logged and sink, so the stink dosen't stay for long. Darwin takes care of them, usually during a family reunion when they are so drunk they hit on their cousin and light themselves on fire while syphoning gas from their truck to light the BBQ. Ask "Do Yer Parents Have To Be Cousins To Buy a Super Duty?" I could go for day's, but I think you get the point that there is always room for a non-imbred, non retard such as yourself. Now go to yer uncles store and get us some beer's. No I'm just kidding. I brought a bottle. Let's Git'er done.
.....wow....
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Well sometimes I act like I am racist and all that, but the truth is some of the best people I have met were black, mexican, or whatever, and some of the worst were white. I played college basketball and I was one of two white boys on a team of 18 players. My roomate was A black kid from the deep dark backwoods of Mississippi I coulden't even understand him for the first two weeks I knew him. He ended up hittin a guy who was about to blindside me with a beer bottle. We became very good freinds.

My point is there are good and bad people in every race.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like everyone until they give me a reason not to, and even then I get over it pretty quickly.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by qmcdt
He says Aisan's can't drive worth crap.
isnt that a transmission?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Hoss
I like everyone until they give me a reason not to, and even then I get over it pretty quickly.
I dislike everyone until they give me a reason not to. and it better be a good reason...

Quick Reply: A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???