Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Would you treat me differently now that you know I'm not white???
yup
8.44%
nope
91.56%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???

Please, before reading this, I don't mean for anyone to take offense or anything, I'm just sharing some experiences I've had and wanted to get some feedback from you. I've experienced a few negative experiences with the diesel crowd, and I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys here on DTR. Ok, mabye I should have titled this "A blemish on the Big Truck Crowd". The diesel truck crowd is primarily made up of what, white males, right? Well, I'm asian. I was adopted by a white family when I was like 8 months old, and raised in CA. My dad is, well, I guess you'd call him a redneck, he listens to country and wears cowboy boots, and grew up on a cattle ranch up in Oregon, and I was kind of raised that way. I grew up liking muscle cars, trucks, fishing, guns and all the usual stuff. Then I joined the Navy, I've served 6 and a half years and I'm still in. And people have the nerve to call me a foreigner, or an illegal alien, or "not american"??? I know that diesel trucks have a bad reputation for redneck hillbilly types, but do people really have to live up to their stereotypes? I'm stopped at a red light today, and an older ford diesel pulls up next to me, and the guys in it start yelling things like "Hey, what'd you do to the white guy you stole that from?" and "hey boy, don't you know that you're supposed to be driving a honda?" and "go home" and stuff like that. This is not the first time I've put up with this, and I hate to say it but it's usually someone in a big truck, usually diesel, and usually a dang ford. My question is to you fellow DTR members, would you think any differently of me if you knew I was asian? Or would you give me EDIT for it? Sorry for the whining and crying, it's just that EDIT like that can really ruin a day!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Im a military brat and been shot all around the US... Met all kinds of people, played sports with all kinds of people, have friends of all sorts as well.... I don't care about race, religion or whatever.... I hate that you or any american has to deal with that crap in this great country. Only people I don't like are the ignorant ones!! I have no patience for ignorance!!

ps if the previous doesn't make sense bear with me it's late!! Intentions were good!!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:40 AM

I have to agree with bnold...some people are just plain idiots! A lot of that goes on around here (college town) and I can't stand racism...No matter what race, religion or anything else, you are still human and that makes you one of the crowd! Plus, you are serving your country and that is something we are all proud of you for! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:40 AM

People are like trucks. They come in all styles and paint jobs. They are still trucks......and people are still people regardless of style or paint job.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Avenger
People are like trucks. They come in all styles and paint jobs. They are still trucks......and people are still people regardless of style or paint job.
hahah! I like that!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 AM

Thank you for your service to our great country.
I hope you get the continued patience you need to deal with these folks.
I hope these folks can one day be enlightened.
I hope you would receive support from every DTR member.

JS
Old 01-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Ron White says it best.
"Ya can't fix Stupid"

Some folks are just a waste of perfectly good carbon molecules.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:05 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huh,
I don't know why, but when I read the title of the thread and the first few lines I thought you were going to say you were black, which is totally unacceptable (just kidding, easy fellas!) I could use some stock line, like, some of my best friends are black, but.....their not, not for any particular reason, just the way it is. I'm so accepting of ALL people it makes my family sick, almost half of them look at me like I'm stupid when I defend ENTIRE races from their ridiculous notions and slurs.

People are dumb, the more they run off at the mouth, the more dumb they tend to make themselves look. I think there is a dying breed (generation?) out there that is still teaching the younger folks hatred, based on nothing more than the color of skin. What a shame to judge someone by there appearance, I have no time for people that generalize races or people of a certain religion. I deal with this with some people in my family quite regularly actually, it makes me laugh out loud most of the time, sometimes I get all out of shape and angry too though.
Ignore them, just like we have to tell children, if you ignore them maybe they'll just shut up and go away. Either that or learn some mixed martial arts submission moves, this way anytime some random loser gives you grief you can choke him out in front of all his friends. Over time, they leave you alone out of general fear of public embarrassment.

Probably easier just to ignore them.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:09 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh,

I don't think it is a blemish on any particular crowd of truck owners either, I think it is STILL a blemish on most of our society in America.

You would think that we are still back in the 50's sometimes, this goes for white and black, both at fault. For some reason we refuse to just admit differences, accept them and move on. Simple as that.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:22 AM

And to wind your truck up and whip em good would just make them feel like more of an idiot than they already are. Its not what you look like, its who you are that matters.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 AM

Met all kinds of people, played sports with all kinds of people, have friends of all sorts as well.... I don't care about race, religion or whatever.... I hate that you or any american has to deal with that crap in this great country. Only people I don't like are the ignorant ones!! I have no patience for ignorance
What he said.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 AM

To be blunt: "Who cares?"

Regardless of color or creed, it's the person that I'm interested in. If I don't like you, it is because I don't like YOU as a person. It has nothing to do with appearance or nationality, all the superficial things.

In the case of the guys giving you a hard time at the light, you'll never see them again, they're just worthless.

In my book, I already want to know you simply because I see we have similar interests. Like I said, it's the person that counts.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm old school I guess. I have a tendency to pre-judge people by my life experiences and the way I have been treated by others of different races & ethnicities. Ignorant? Prejudice? Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm just using the experiences I have had in life with people to make decisions about the people I'm dealing with now.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:29 AM

A-holes are A-holes regardless of skin, job or wealth. They are everywhere and we are surrounded.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:38 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a Native American, i have run into the " Hey Tonto " B.S. a few times...
half the folks call me white( which is insulting in a way) and a few always seem to think that being indian means I am slow, stupid or "not as advanced".......

Having travelled a great deal and lived in 18 of the 48, I can just tell ya that there are ignorant people everywhere, and there are good people everywhere.....hopefully in teh long run they balance out.......

Quick Reply: A blemish on the diesel truck crowd???