Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Big easter breakroom - 4/20 - 26

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings long haired short haired and harried folk of the breakroom. I found cinnabuns scattered all about in the parking lot and a tray in the trees. I wonder how that happened?

Have a great day folks.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flying monkeys took the cinnabuns?

This is why we don't have nice things
Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

I'm biting back a " who has to get hair buts " comment
Lol

Wonderful spring day here today, sunny and warm, the storms aren't supposed to roll in till late Saturday. Forecast right now is thT theyre gonna be doozies

The BOSS has decided she doesn't need me to take her to Denver after all, so I may still try and make it over to KC on Sunday , need a new battery charger for the bass boat, mine died sometime over the winter and took my bstteries with it
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Flying monkeys took the cinnabuns?

This is why we don't have nice things
funny

Morning all!! checking in on all the good guys here (shorts included)

still cold here so enjoy your sunshine
Old 04-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning all y'all,
I am feelign very grumpy this morning so I will keep my post short so I don't use any words that get me banned.

Environment Canada just issued a special weather advisory for a heavy snowfall over the weekend. Enough already, it is almost May!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM

JWBM, done and done Been in "the garden" all morning transferring soil and spending some quality time with the squash and ta-maters. This season's "harvest" will probably end up more like appetizers.

Chris, hope the weather shows some mercy.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
JWBM, done and done Been in "the garden" all morning transferring soil and spending some quality time with the squash and ta-maters. This season's "harvest" will probably end up more like appetizers.

Chris, hope the weather shows some mercy.
Original plans were to try and get my garden planted this weekend, but its not gonna happen. Putting in tomaters, bell and banana peppers, zucinni, squash, green beans, egg plant, cantaloupe and watermelon. May try putting in some sweet corn too, but I've had poor results with corn the last few years, get thst black kernel mold every time

Show mercy???? Is that like showing my legs???
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM

Chris sounds like a good garden. How big a spread do you usually do? When grandpa mostly retired he still plowed and planted about a half acre worth of garden. Make two passes with his tractor and park it. Then sit on the porch, smoke his Kite roll-your-own cig and watch

I don't know about showing legs. The crew around here has shown they can't handle the responsibility of a legg show.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM

This year I'm not going quite as large a garden, I've tilled about 125' by 75' plot but the melons, and rassberrys/black berrys and asparagus have their own separate plots. The drought years have decimated my strawberry beds but I didn't get new ones in the ground this year as I was hoping to.
Also doesn't look like it's gonna be a good year for peaches or pears
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I never put anything out around here till after the 10th of May to many chances cold weather will wipe it out and I just end up replanting everything.
The snow a week or so ago got my peaches so I don't have to worrie about picking any of those.

I don't know if it will help corn but I put captain fungicide on my tomatoes so they won't blight it might help corn. Might be worth a try.

Raining here today
Old 04-25-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by railroaderone
I never put anything out around here till after the 10th of May to many chances cold weather will wipe it out and I just end up replanting everything.
The snow a week or so ago got my peaches so I don't have to worrie about picking any of those.

I don't know if it will help corn but I put captain fungicide on my tomatoes so they won't blight it might help corn. Might be worth a try.

Raining here today
Mid-may is when I SHOULD plant, guess I'm just anxious to get started on it
Old 04-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Good morning all y'all,
I am feelign very grumpy this morning so I will keep my post short so I don't use any words that get me banned.

Environment Canada just issued a special weather advisory for a heavy snowfall over the weekend. Enough already, it is almost May!!!
Rumblings of a possible major rain event here. So far looks doubtful.

Rest your LEGGS and Flowbee your dog.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Helped a friend out getting a new to him tractor today. I knew what kind of day it was going to be when it took 4 low to back up to the empty trailer in the field. Yup! good and muddy!

He is the proud owner of a mid 60's JD 2010. Got a bush hog thrown in on the deal. Pretty good time was had by all!

The BOSS is getting the Grandson as I type. I'm supposed to take him to a local car show tomorrow. He likes showing the Magnum. (He says' it's his, he's just letting me use it)
Old 04-25-2014, 07:21 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hellllllooooooo DTR ers!

turned out to be a very productive day- even got the fighting doctors to stop and get the insurance folks involved. next week I should just stay at the hospital let's say think kayak commercial....

yard work, two cats in the yard watching anything that looked like food.
craigslist ad for sauna, take apart. flew up to the big city, big hockey pro moving, couldn't find room in the new house. we can and second son coming out tomorrow to cut trees if not raining, other wise carrying in the four person sauna. got to read up about the infared type. gonna make NY winters non existant! ahhhhhhh, so ready for heated bones!

sherod TG, RR, Chris, Shortz- yup, I am waiting to plant, and trying gutter planters this year. used plastic cube type water shields- worked excellent but can't find them anymore. hence gutter planters for warm, moisture controlled salad. corn is for the deer, clover already seeded. had turkey in the yard tonight. Chinese food from the big city, good relaxing night.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee is on.....fresh phoo for Bob AND a clean cup to drink it from...Hot cinibuns out of the oven and fresh fruit on the counter...Have a Safe day folks
Oh boy, my buddy - - I need a ph00 soooo bad. Just came in from off the roof of the RV - - been on there since there was enough light to see. My back is killing me, my scuttlebutt is sore, knees sore, fingers sore, LEGGS from going up and down the ladder. The blonde came out and read a book and would hand me stuff up thru the hole in the roof - - boy that helped. I did take time to stuff some food down my face before turning on the peuter. Ph00 pot was still half full, Lary and it is still good. Thanks.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
And if you remember, His Son had long hair. Just like me! I think that makes me somewhat lord-like, don't you agree?
Oh yeh it does - - take a look and say "Oh my Lord, how can it be this bad?"

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
I'm biting back a " who has to get hair buts " comment
Me thinks you didn't bite hard enough. ...............

I'm about to hit the sack. I will be up at daybreak again. Still have a hole in the roof. One on, one to go. Covered up the hole for the night - - hope it doesn't rain. Should have it knocked out by noon. Sure am sore. See ya morry - - late.

SoreBob

Quick Reply: Big easter breakroom - 4/20 - 26